Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumit Bhatnagar
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit BhatnagarYour feedback matters!
You look your best when you wear a smile on your face. Everyone prefers a smiling face over a frowned one. Since we are talking about smiles, one can never underestimate the role that teeth play in the beauty of a smile. Dental hygiene and care is mandatory if you wish to secure your beautiful smile for years to come.
However, the global statistics for dental care suggests that we do not care enough for our teeth. 60-90% of children who are in school and almost every adult suffer from dental cavities. Dental cavities are pretty common nowadays. And yellowing of teeth can now be seen in almost every other person. It spoils the smile and makes people conscious. By ensuring a few dental care habits in your daily routine lives, you can avoid yellow teeth.
Let us discuss the tips and tricks to avoid yellowing of teeth:
- Say no to specific foods: Yellowing of teeth is caused by food choices including coffee, red wine, sodas, juices, sports drinks, white wine, coloured candies and other artificially coloured foods. It will help if these foods are consumed in less quantity and frequency as they are the major contributors towards discoloration of teeth.
- Water after every coloured drink: Here is a habit that you must inculcate in your routine, whenever you consume any of the above mentioned food items. Post every drink or food intake which can cause tooth-staining, top it up with a glass of water. When you swirl or gargle the water in your mouth, you remove the acids that get accumulated in your mouth. It is one of the simplest preventive measures one can implement to avoid tooth stains.
- Dental hygiene: Our parents and dentists kept reminding us all the time to brush twice a day and gargle with water post every food intake but did we listen to them as kids? No we did not. Proper brushing, flossing and going for dental checkups at regular intervals are sure shot ways to keep your teeth healthy for majority of your lifetime. One must develop these habits quite early in life to gain benefits from it.
- Whiten those yellow teeth: You might be at that stage of your life where inculcating the above mentioned habits won't do much good. The damage might already have been done. Your teeth are probably yellowish already and you have a history of dental cavities. In this 21st century, there are ways to whiten your teeth artificially with the many alternatives available in the market. One can opt for a solution, which can be done at home itself or go for a laser whitening which is now possible at a dentist clinic.
So there is still hope for those who are unable to share that smile with the world due to the yellowing of teeth. Nothing is irreparable here and the health of your teeth lies in your hand. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dental implants are basically replacing your teeth roots. In dental implants anchors are used which are actually a cylindrical screw like object. This is put in your lower and upper jaw bones through surgery and they work like stable bases for artificially replaced teeth. (Learn how to Avoid Yellowing of Teeth)
Dental implants can be of many types and the types of implants vary on the method of surgery.
Some prominent types of dental implants are:
Endosteal: In this method screws, blades or cylinders are surgically inserted in the jawbone. Every implant can hold one or more artificial teeth.
Subperiosteal: Through this process, artificial teeth are on the top of a jawbone by a metal framework. People who cannot wear artificial dentures and have a short bone height prefer this method.
Dental implants come with many advantages, some of the advantages may include:
Improved Appearance: Surgically implanted teeth feels like your own teeth, at the same time they also look better.
Improved Speech: With badly fitted dentures (learn more about regular care for dentures) you have chances to slur or mumble your words but with dental implants, it is easier to speak.
Improved Comforts: Dental implants are very comfortable; you will not find any difference with your own teeth.
Comfortable Eating: As it feels like your own teeth, you find no difficulty whilst chewing, and you can always enjoy your favourite food.
Improved Confidence: After dental implants, you will smile lot more than before and that will happen because of your regained self-esteem.
Durability: Dental implants last many years and if you take good care then it can last for your lifetime. Sometimes people choose dental implants for its durability.
Convenience: Although this process lasts for a very long time, you can replace it or change it anytime you feel like you are having any problem regarding it.
There are also some different processes through which dental implants can be done. It depends on your problems and needs.
Some processes may include:
Replacing one single tooth: if your one tooth is missing then one crown and one implant would be enough.
Replacing many teeth: if you are having problems with several teeth, then a full bridge of dentures can be used.
Replacing all your teeth: if it is needed then all your teeth can be replaced.
Sinus Augmentation: this one is a little difficult process, it helps to develop bones for dental implants. It also develops the quality of your bone.
Dental implants are very successful now. It is durable and good looking. After the implant the artificial teeth feels like your own teeth and it is very easy to handle.