Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumedha SharmaYour feedback matters!
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
My period date was 16/17 but I felt just cramps but no period my pregnancy date is negative. So whats reason is it. please hlp me n told me properly plz.
Having sex with my partner during period is good or bad for my health as we got married six month only and my age is 27 and age of my husband is 30 and during intercourse we don't use any protection and the sperm goes inside. Any sometime after intercourse during period or in normal case I used to have papaya or pineapple. Please also let me know eating papaya and pineapple is it good or bad for my health. And in future say after completing 1 years of our marriage we are planning for a baby so at that time do we will face any challenges during pregnancy and when we should have sex during pregnancy. And what will be the perfect time so that I get present and we want our baby to be born in the month of September or October 2017. Anyone please guide us on the above query.
Hello doctor I am 9 month 3 days pregnant and I have noticed that my vagina is leaking white discharge in high quantity is it normal?
She is pregnant and not interested to have baby now and needs a safe abortion now. Pls suggest a pill.
Hi please let me know "POLYCYSTIC OVARIAN DISEASE" as we had been to doctor and got report which says the above mention word.
My wife is pregnant in 2nd month, please suggest foods good to health and also if anything which should not eat.
Sex krne ke bad agar period tym se 10 din phle hi aa jaye to girl pregnant ho skti h ya ni. Please tell me.
Hi. Every month my periods get delayed by 5 to 6 days and this month it has been delayed by 7 days and yet iy has not come. What should I do?
Mam, after birth my children by CS, I am suffering from swelling in whole my entire body since last 10 year ago. I have no any diseases. I am normal but weight above 85 and age 44.
I had unprotected sex, but sperms not Eject and I'm afraid that my partner may be pregnant. Soo please tell me wat to do to avoid pregnancy.
Dear sir ,sum web like you tube are showing seamen is safe & healthy for wife .wen my wife enjoy oral sex &take seamen in mouth next morning she found mouth ulcers problem please suggests medicine to solved permanent treatments of mouth ulcers. Because she wanted enjoy oral & semen in this reason she can't enjoy.
Now I am 8th months pregnant. At my first scanning report 8 weeks 6 days length of the cervix is 3.1 cms. What does it mean. Is their chance for normal delivery. After that I have done 2 scanning in 5th month ending and 7th month ending but in that 2scanning not mentioned about cervix length. How I will know about normal delivery or not.
Hello Dr. I am pregnant last 6 month when I am with my partner daily iwnt to do sex is it ok or dangerous to our baby lease suggest me I am worried Abt that.
Doctor 10 week ago my period was complete. Than I sex with my husband. And take a pill. Unwanted72. After 1 week today I have again period. Why this problem?
1. The Most Important One—Exercise
When it comes to fitness and staying in shape all we want to do is hit the gym and then we whim “no time for it.” But it is not necessary to visit a gym to maintain health and fitness. Regular physical activity improves circulation and is a key to beat stress. Although it is imperative that you step out of home to walk for at least 30 minutes every day but if your schedule really does not permit you then read on for these easy tips.
Say No To Elevator
You can burn from 7 to 10 calories from one minute of climbing of stairs and this would be a reason for you to decide how many stairs you would like to climb each day.
Swimming is a very great way to stay fit. Butterfly stroke in swimming for 10 minute is believed to burn 150 calories.
2. Eat Healthy
Include lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet. Try to eat a balanced diet and ensure that you do not eat full stomach on each meal. Instead go for healthy snack every 3 hours. It is best to avoid street foods and junk foods like burgers, pizza and artificially sweetened soft drinks. One should also avoid consuming alcoholic drinks as it not only affects weight loss but also leads to various ailments. Include high protein diet in your meals such as poultry, fish, tofu, soya, and beans.
3. Drink Plenty Of Water
It is imperative to keep your body hydrated to maintain health and fitness of the body. Water is believed to be a natural cleanser of the digestive system and organs. Water also ideal for detoxification that flushes out toxins from the body through skin pores (in the form of sweat) and urine.
4. Get Enough Sleep
Our daily life has become such that we have time for everything but ourselves. We neglect our health and fitness so much so that many people even tend to cut down their sleep time to invest that time in other activities. To stay healthy an adult should sleep for at least 6 to 7 hours a day, if not more. Lack of sleep affects our cognitive skills, mood and concentration, induces stress hormones, and even affects our metabolism system and immune system. Getting enough sleep helps to heal and repair body and mind from daily stress.
5. Get Regular Health Check-ups Done
A regular health check-up is must for you as it helps in early detection if and when something abnormal goes inside your body. Your eye might tend to miss out any abnormality such as a mole or a lump but a physical examination will ensure you to find out such abnormalities. If you cannot get regular check-ups done you should at least get an annual check-up to make sure everything is just the way it is supposed to be.
6. Beat Stress
Stress can not only harm your mind but also your body and may cause digestive and cardiac problems. Regular exercising, meditation, engaging in spiritual activities, giving time for enjoying your hobbies, in short taking out time for leisure to engage in activities you like doing the most is said to relieve the body from the harmful effects of stress.
My friend didn't had her menstrual cycle. And she is not pregnant also. She did her pregnancy test also. Her dates are to be 10th but nothing happened yet. Wat should we do?
I am 45 year old women and I not interest in sex my husband forced to me I am did not interest he will fully angry with me lost one year above this problem faced to me what I will do?
Why I get irregular periods? doctor said that it will automatically get regular after marriage but there is no change I get periods after 2 months, then after 1 month then again after 2 months? What should I do?
Takram laghu Kashaya amlam deepanam kaphavatajit | Shopha udara arsha grahani dosha mootragraha aruchihi | pleeha gulma ghritavyapat gara paandu aamayaan jayet || –
Ashtanga Hrudaya Sutra sthana – 5th chapter
Buttermilk finds a special mention in Ayurveda, is described as a drink that even gods are envious of which shows the many benefits of this drink. It is said to improve circulation, detoxifies and cleanses the system and helpful to those with diarrhea and IBS. The other diseases that Buttermilk helps in treating are hypertension, arthrosclerosis and heart disease. Different ways of preparation along with the amount of water is used for different Kapha, Vata, Pitta systems.
Buttermilk- A Delight
- Butter milk does not cause heaviness when consumed. Hence it is known to have the quality “laghu”. It gets digested quickly and easily. Butter milk is usually sour in taste and acts as an astringent. (Due to this property butter milk helps in reducing pores caused by acne and pimples. It reduces hyper motility of intestines during diarrhea and IBS. This property also helps to shrink hemorrhoids).Aggravated Kapha and Vata are mitigated by buttermilk. It is the best appetizer. According to Ayurveda it reduces bloating of stomach, eases symptoms of hemorrhoids, soothes intestines in IBS and helps in indigestion. It also reduces effects of poison and is very useful in treating anemia.
- Butter milk detoxifies body and cleanses the intestines, relieves constipation and helps to replenish intestinal flora. It has less fat compared to milk and is rich in calcium, potassium and Vitamin B12.
- Takra cleanses the channels of circulation (srotas), as a result of which rasa, the end product of digestion of food, reaches the tissues properly. It creates proper nourishment, strength, and complexion. It cures one hundred diseases including those of Vata (80 in numbers) and Kapha (20 in numbers).
- The micro channels carrying nutrients to all cells in the body, when they get clogged or blocked due to any reason, the particular organ or system suffers in efficiency due to lack of nutrition. It is essential to remove such blockages. The herbs or their combinations which tackle these problems are termed “Rasayana” in Ayurveda. The forces which cause the blockage or resistance must be removed. The channels which cause transport are termed “strotas”. Acharya Charaka opines that buttermilk removes such blockages and purifies the “strotas”. This causes better movement (`ayana’) of `anna-rasa’, the nutrients. When adequate nutrition is obtained by cells (“koshas”), they start working with full force.
- Due to saturation or ageing of strotas during old-age, the control systems of the body do not get adequate nutrients, which cause aging symptoms such as reduction of memory (dementia), reduced vision, wrinkles on the skin, graying of hair, etc.
- But those who take buttermilk regularly, do not age faster, keep their arteries flexible for a longer time. Thus buttermilk is an elixir (param-amrutam) which keeps `Jara’ (old age) and `Vyadhi’ (disease) away. The Ayurveda treats buttermilk as an excellent food to keep cholesterol related problems miles away.
- With all of that said, you see how great Takra is for health of digestion and this means the entire health of the body and mind.
The properties and Actions of Takra
Rasa (Taste): Astringent, sour, and sweet
Anurasa (Secondary taste): Astringent
Veerya (Potency or energy): Hot
Vipaka (Post digestive effect): Sweet
Guna (Quality): Binding, light, dry
Actions: Digestive, promotes intellect and nourishes the brain tissues, promotes immunity, pacifies Vata, and gives satisfaction.
Types of buttermilk and benefits
- Full cream buttermilk: Full cream buttermilk added with sugar calms Vata and Pitta. Very nourishing in nature. It is similar to curds in qualities.
- No cream buttermilk: It calms Kapha and Pitta. It is good for people with diabetes.
- Half water buttermilk: Improves strength and digestive power.
- No fat buttermilk: Calms Pitta, natural coolant, relieves tiredness, calms Vata and Kapha.
- According to Ayurveda, Curd at night is contra indicated. During night, curd is substituted with buttermilk.
Buttermilk and its uses
- Ayurveda uses buttermilk both to maintain health and to treat diseases.
- Butter milk is easy to digest, has astringent and sour tastes and is hot in nature.
- Buttermilk improves digestion and mitigates Kapha and Vata.
- In Ayurvedic treatment, it is useful in the treatment of inflammation, gastro intestinal disorders, lack of appetite, spleen disorders and anemia.
- Buttermilk is highly beneficial during winter, in indigestion and in Vata imbalance related disorders.
- It is given in cases of excessive ghee consumption.
- In the disease like sprue, mixing powdered leaves of the holy fig tree and dry ginger in buttermilk and drinking it is very beneficial.
- Drinking buttermilk made from fresh milk of cow, without mixing salt in it purifies the blood. It gives strength and vitality. The complexion of the body improves. It destroys numerous disease related to Vata and Kapha doshas.
- If equal quantities of powdered dry ginger, powdered black pepper, powdered of the leaves of fig tree and powdered rock salt is mixed in buttermilk and then had, it cures indigestion. Similarly, if only powdered dry ginger and powdered black pepper is mixed with buttermilk, it too destroys indigestion.
- The pulp of wood apple, if mixed with the buttermilk, cures diarrhea, dysentery and excessive hemorrhage.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with powdered asafetida powdered cumin seed and powdered rock salt, cures diarrhea and abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk made out of cow's milk mixed with powdered black pepper powdered dry ginger, powdered leaves of fig tree and "Veed salt" cures abdominal pains.
- Drinking buttermilk mixed with raw sugar (gud) cures urinary disease especially Uremia.
- Giving buttermilk mixed with "Vayvidang" powder to the children cures them from the worms in their stomach.
Buttermilk contra indication
- Since Buttermilk is hot in nature, it is to be avoided
- During summer,
- In persons with injury
- In debilitated persons
- Person suffering from giddiness and in diseases related to Pitta imbalance.