Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My friend has lump in her breast. What should she do? And also advise what is the way to get out from this problem besides any surgeries.
I am 35 year old, I have pcod and my menstrual cycle is irregular, suggest for my regular menstrual cycle.
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are regulated health professionals who are uniquely trained and authorized by Indian Dietetic Association to advise on diet, food
and nutrition. RDs support the nutritional health of a population through health promotion, disease prevention,treatment, support and rehabilitation.
Functions of an RD:
Work individually with you to assess your nutrition needs (review your medical and diet history, blood tests, weight and weight trends, along with other physical measurements)
Design a personalized meal plan for you
Help you establish realistic goals, short term and long term
Equip you with techniques to stay on track with your nutrition plan
Provide ongoing encouragement and support in 15-30 minute sessions until your goals are met (three or more visits are recommended for best results)
Reasons to see a Registered dietitian
Blood pressure control
Womens' health (osteoporosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome)
Pregnancy (proper nutrition, management of gestational diabetes)
Dr. meri marg ko one year hua he. Meri pregnency ko five month hua he abhi. Mere husband ke sath pregnency me sex kar sakti hu kya?
My sister is having irregular periods and acne all over her face (jawline basically) and she watched a video on pcod and the symptoms were same as she is suffering with now. Now she is scared that she is suffering from pcod. Please help .
Diabetes is one of the most common problems that are caused by obesity, unhealthy and inactive lifestyle. It is a metabolic disorder in which the body is unable to store and use energy from food. Being physically inactive and eating unhealthy food are primary causes of diabetes. It is a long term condition, which causes high or unstable blood sugar levels in the body.
When a patient suffers from low blood sugar it is called Hypoglycemia and if the blood sugar levels are too high, it is called Hyperglycemia. Both are extremely harmful for a patient.
Type 1 and Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes:
In Type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. The condition has no known cure and is usually hereditary in nature. Approximately 10% of those suffering from diabetes have Type 1 diabetes. Patients with Type 1 diabetes have to take regular medication, including insulin injections as well as take care of their diet.
Type 2 diabetes happens when the body does not produce enough insulin for its proper functioning. 90% of all diabetic people suffer from Type 2 diabetes. It is usually caused by poor lifestyle choices, like physical inactivity and unhealthy food habits. The disease lasts a lifetime and is usually progressive in nature, but can be managed by taking regular medication, choosing an active lifestyle and maintaining proper body weight.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. This has to be managed by taking medication or in extreme cases insulin shots. If undetected or untreated, gestational diabetes increases complications during childbirth, and causes unusual weight gain in the baby. However, gestational diabetes usually ends after the baby is born and women can go back to their normal lifestyle and eating habits post delivery.
Symptoms of Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger or thirst
- Weight loss
- Problems with vision
- Tingling or numbness of the extremities.
- Unexplained fatigue
- Dry skin
- Cuts or sores that heal slowly
- High number of infections
Who is at greatest risk for developing diabetes?
- are 45 or over
- are overweight
- are habitually physically inactive
- have previously been identified as having IFG (impaired fasting glucose) or IGT (impaired glucose tolerance)
- have a family history of diabetes
- are members of certain ethnic groups (including Asian American, African American, Hispanic American, and Native American)
- have had gestational diabetes or have given birth to a child weighing more than 9 pounds
- have elevated blood pressure
- have an HDL cholesterol level (the good cholesterol) below 35 mg/dl and/or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dl
- have polycystic ovary syndrome
- have a history of vascular disease
What is pre-diabetes?
Pre-diabetes is a condition of elevated blood glucose level that has not yet reached a diabetic level. Along with insulin resistance, pre-diabetes causes no symptoms. An individual may be pre-diabetic for years without knowing it. Pre-diabetes increases your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Weight loss and exercise may halt the onset of diabetes from pre-diabetes by returning blood glucose levels to a normal range.
I have bartholin cyst. For that I have taken augmenting 625 mg, Emanzen d, rantac150mg 2times a day for 7 days. However my swelling is not reduced. I have consulted doctor three days back, she told me to continue with the medicines for another three days and told me that it will rupture on its own. But no improvement yet. Please advise.
I take regestrone tablet when my period dates are gone. I wait for 3-4days after that I take that medicine for five days morning evening after take food. But still now no change. What can I do please suggest me.
Hi, I am 26 yrs old male. During sex the condom broke out within the 24 hrs a tablet of unwanted 72 has been taken. Now the period of my grlfrnd has been delayed. Is it normal and what are the chances of my grlfrnd of being pregnant after taking unwanted 72. Should we take the test for confirming the pregnancy.
Im 28 years old lady, married. Right now I dnt want to take issue so I take femilon. Is it harmful? In future if I take issue should I suffer for this pill?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
My age 25 my height 5 my weight 60 above please tell me weight loose and decrease the size of my breast.
In today’s world, which is technologically advanced, we don’t even realize that the whole day has passed by looking at or using our electronic devices. Our life sways between checking the social media on smart phones to using the computer in office, which just makes it easy for us to spend the whole day locked up with a screen. Though this could be fun at times, but it has some definitive effects on our body.
Link between posture and technology
When looking at people at office gives you a good idea of how they sit while they use their devices. Average person waiting in a doctor’s office usually sits with a hunched back, shoulders slumped and a bent down neck. In office these people might lean on their desks, push their neck forward in order to see what is on their screen and their hand is constantly scrunched over the mouse. The human body is not really designed to sit in this way and can have serious life impending issues.
The biggest problem with technology posture is position of the head. When the head is evenly balanced between the shoulders it weighs between 10 and 12 lbs. But with a slight tilt even 15 degrees, the weight on the spine spikes to 27 lbs. Another 15 degrees and it weighs 40 pounds. At 60 degrees, the position where the chin touches the chest weighs 60 pounds on the spine. The extended weight on the spine causes the lower spine to collapse along with a low back pain. Low back pain can further cause knee pain and a referred ankle pain and further leading to much more damage.
How to prevent technology posture?
There are many ways in which the damaging effects of the technology posture can be reduced. At office you can elevate the monitor so that top of the screen is at the eye level. The height of the chair should be such that the feet are firmly placed on the ground. The desk should be in such a manner that the forearms are parallel to the floor when the shoulders are relaxed.
While using the smart phone, avoid bending and slouching and use arms to place the phone in front of the face. The phone should be at eye level when browsing and should not be balanced by the neck when talking on the phone. The head should be kept straight and these easily avoid the damaes of technology posture.
What are the ways to reduce the tummy after delivery. Now my baby is almost 4 months old. But still my tummy is not reduced. Kindly advise.
Morning sickness is one of the unpleasant experiences during pregnancy. Some women dread at the thought of it. It is more common in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, especially with the first child. Allopathy attributes this to hormonal changes, vitamin deficiency, dehydration, etc. Homeopathy believes that this morning sickness happens with the physical, emotional, and biological adjustments that the mother has to make with the new baby growing within her. As with all conditions, homeopathy believes in not just giving a medication to cure the nausea but to identify the associated symptoms and manage the woman as a whole entity.
Some of the popular homeopathic options available are listed below:
- Colchicum: The mere thought of food intensifies the nausea, especially fish and eggs. Any movement increases the nausea. There is an urge to consume carbonated drinks. The woman chooses to sleep with her knees drawn close to the chest.
- Sepia: The smell and thought of food worsens the nausea sensation. There is a craving for vinegar, sweets, and pickles. There is a feeling of heaviness in the pelvis. This exhaustion leaves you with a feeling of indifference to close family and friends. Exercise can improve the feeling.
- Pulsatilla: Staying in a closed, stuffy room make the nausea worse. Being out in the open air makes it better. Walking makes it better. The craving for sweet and fatty foods is high, but that worsens the nausea. Water consumption is reduced. Mood is unpredictable, wanting comfort and reassurance.
- Nux Vomica: The woman wakes up from bed with a nausea, but not able to vomit out. The woman is hyperstimulated and feels very anxious and stressed. Light and sound can also add to the irritation. There is a strong insomnia component to this woman.
- Cocculus indicus: Loss of appetite, with even the thought or smell or sight of food making you nauseous. There is a highly tired and fatigued feeling. The person can feel chills, vertigo, and loss of sleep. The symptoms are usually worse in the afternoon.
- Ipecacuanha: The nausea is severe and constant, but is not relieved with vomiting. There is profuse salivation and constant spitting.
- Tabacum: The nausea in this woman is persistent, is worse when in a warm room, and induced by even the slightest smell of tobacco. The nauseas feels better when there is fresh air movement, might ask for the car windows to be open. There is also an urge to leave the abdomen uncovered.
In addition to these, some tips to avoid morning sickness include eating a dry cracker before getting out of bed, avoiding fatty foods for dinner, drinking plenty of water, and including a lot of ginger in your diet.
My wife missed period by 6-10 dys many times and then again menstruation start. We expect it was pregnancy. Earlier we have undergone medical test too everything was normal kindly suggest.
Birth control pills commonly known as hormonal pills, oral contraceptive pills, or just pill's are an effective female hormonal birth controlling pill. Young women and adolescent girls are very frequently prescribed birth control pills for heavy or irregular menstrual flow, acne, PMS, hormone therapy, menstrual cramps. In Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which causes irregular menstrual flow due to hormonal changes, often birth control pills are given to lower the hormones and bring them within normal range. This also regulates the menstrual flow. Often adolescent girls who do not respond to acne treatment are prescribed hormonal pills. Also, these are given to girls who have endometriosis, irregular periods, and genetic conditions like Turner's syndrome.
Concerns associated with pills:
1) Do the Pills have any health benefits: Yes, it has benefits like treatment of PCOS, acne, regulates menstrual flow, decreases cramps, and lowers the risk of cancers and anemia (know more about anemia affect on health).
2) What are the side effects of the pill: Mostly it has no major problem as such. Pills containing estrogen might increase the risk of developing clots in eyes, lungs, and legs. If a woman complains of ACHES then she should be taken to the emergency.
A Abdominal pain
C Chest pain
H Headache along with dizziness and weakness
E Eye problems along with problems in speech
S Severe pain in the thigh or calf
3) Is there a risk of developing stroke or heart attacks while using the pill: A healthy woman who does not smoke and is on pills does not have any risk of getting a stroke or a heart attack. Smoking should be avoided when birth control pills have been prescribed.
4) Are there chances of getting cancer: Taking birth control pills actually protects the woman against ovarian and uterus cancer. Some experts also feel that the pill also reduces the chances of breast cancer.
5) Does the pill cause blood clots: Yes, there is little risk of developing clots in the legs. In adolescent girls the risk of forming clots is 5-50 per 100,000 every year. In pregnant women the risk is 4.3-10 folds more than those who do not use the pill.
6) Does the pill cause birth defects: The pill has not been associated with any birth defects and also does not harm the health of the child.
7) How does the pill help in irregular menstrual flow and acne:
In case of irregular menstruation the pill helps by regulating the menstrual cycle to every 28 days. It also helps to reduce the amount and the length of the menstruation.
The hormones present in the pill help to stop the acne. OTC or prescribed drugs can be taken for moderate to severe acne.