Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sumedha HarneYour feedback matters!
Tomatoes are integral part of indian cooking and diet. This sweet-sour fruit, which is used as a vegetable, has multiple health benefits. It helps build immunity against several ailments because of its rich nutrient content.
8 health problems tomatoes will guard you against.
1) cancer - tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin c. They help fight the formation of free radicals that are said to cause cancer.
2) blood pressure - while someone suffering from blood pressure needs to lower their sodium level, it is also a good idea to increase the level of potassium in the blood. This can be done by eating tomatoes.
3) heart - tomatoes have fiber, potassium and vitamin c, all of which are very good for the heart.
4) diabetes - tomatoes are good for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients. Type 1 patients are known to have lower blood glucose level because of the fiber intake and type 2 patients can improve insulin, lipids and blood sugar levels with tomato consumption.
5) skin - tomatoes act as one of the best anti-tan solutions for the skin. It has vitamin c which is essential for collagen which in turn is the skin's support system. The vitamin c acts as an antioxidant which helps prevent damages caused by sun, smoke and pollution. It also smoothes wrinkles, improving overall skin health.
6) constipation: one should eat food that is high in fiber and water content. Tomato is just the kind of food. It adds bulk to the stool, keeps us hydrated and facilitates regular bowel movements.
7) pregnancy - pregnant women are advised to consume tomatoes due to its rich iron, vitamin c and folic acid reserves. Folic acid from the fruit protects the newborn from neural tube defects.
8) depression - tomatoes are known to help in depression. The folic acid in tomatoes prevents homocysteine, (that prevents blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain), from forming in excess in the body. Due to this control, mood is regulated and sleep & appetite are normalised.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
Am having a baby of 4 months. In the 2nd month I got period but it's not happening now. Am 90 kg so what should I do now.
Can anyone make sexual relationship with his wife, when his wife pregnant and is it harmless ,how many times he can make this relationship during this time?
Hello me and like my gf sex 22-23 days pahele kiya tha. Lekin uska period date bhi bit gyi lekin period start nai hua. Fir humne hcg test kiye 3 bar lekin har bar negative aaya. 4 days pahele period start ho gye. Abhi chalu he. Pahle 2 din to bahot blooding hui. Abhi dhire dhire blooding ho rahi he. Kya pregnancy koi khatra or minimum or maximum period days?
A menstrual cup is a flexible cup designed out of medical grade silicone or rubber, which can be inserted inside the vagina. It is not used for absorbing blood; rather it collects the menstrual blood.
Advantages of menstrual cups over tampons
- Tampons are disposable. Menstrual cups can be cleaned, rinsed and reused.
- Need not be changed after every few hours. One can go without changing a menstrual cup for more than 12 hours.
- Easier to use compared to a tampon. The insertion is smoother and it is generally not very uncomfortable if insertion is done correctly.
- The menstrual cups need not be replaced frequently. Tampons however are needed in large numbers every month.
- Tampons absorb almost all the vaginal fluid, leaving it dry and prone to irritation. Menstrual cups on the other hand, leave the beneficial bacteria in place and maintain vaginal pH.
- Menstrual cups help prevent menstrual odours as it is present internally.
Reasons why you should use menstrual cups
Menstrual cups rarely cause allergic reactions, unlike tampons. One menstrual cup lasts an entire day, month and even years. They are also the most environment friendly choice as there is no need to dispose them after every use. They prevent staining, leakage and do not increase muscle cramps. There is no risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) from menstrual cups, which is a major risk from leaving tampons inside the body for too many hours. Menstrual cups are also helpful if you are a swimmer. They don’t make things difficult for you at all. Menstrual cups are made from 100% medically approved silicone and not cotton or rayon. If you are unable to use tampons, you may choose menstrual cups as the insertion is generally smoother. However, it completely depends on individual preference. Menstrual cups also reduce the bulk of having to carry like sanitary napkins during travel, and urgent needs to change. Thus it makes a long journey worry free. No matter what protective measures you take, remember to be comfortable. Try and maintain a diet rich in nutrients, that can help regulate the blood flow and prevent painful blood clots. Also, it is important to remain physically active to prevent muscle cramps and back pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
5 din Periods delay karne k liye doctor ne medicine prescribe ki hai, 1 tablet daily for 5 days, kya wo tablets pregnency bhi avoid karengi, means kya wo contraceptive pills ka kaam bhi karengi?
Last 1year diagnosis fibroid 60 mm x60mm but no any routine work problem or not any symptoms of fibroid so pls guide us it is operate or not? If live with fibroid any other problems create or effect in any other organs. Please guide us.
Everyone is aware of the fact that lack of sleep can lead to low levels of energy and fatigue. For people who have been suffering from a sleep deprivation, the cycle is never ending and they are forever in a state of low energy and do not perform their best. Added with all this sleep deprivation also leads the insomnia sufferers to perform well in bet. Thus poor sleep quality affects the sex life.
Often the effect of lack of sleep will have on a person's sex life is with the overall poor attitude that usually falls and the person remains exhausted all the time. People suffering from long standing fatigue are often irritable and quarrelsome and these personality traits just don't set the mood for a romantic evening. Women also suffer from low sex drive if exhausted, though for them it is more about being emotional. According to a study, by National Sleep Foundation, in 2010, around one in every four Americans have agreed that they are too tired to indulge in sexual activities with their partner. With added distractions from technology, like smartphones and e-readers, social media and e-mails just tend to keep people up for longer and later hours.
In men this is a little more scientific. This has been backed by research that there is a close relation in the quality of the sleep and the levels of testosterone in a man. This seems to be a circular pattern. While studies show a link that the hormone levels fall, there are studies that also show that a man with low levels of testosterone often wakes up more at night and has lower sleep efficiency. So the both are intertwined very closely and hard to say which comes first; but the obvious result is lowered male libido.
Apart from this if you or your snore, it might also lead to insomnia, as snoring becomes noisy for your partner. This can lead your partner to be lethargic and exhausted as their sleep is not adequate. Since sexual activities involve physical exertion, feeling exhausted and irritable after a sleepless, noisy night can easily make sex the last thing on mind.
One can try the following to improve the quality of sleep:
- Maintain healthy weight ranges as excess weight can lead to sleep apnea in both men and women
- Abstain or reduce smoking as it just leads to obstructive sleep apnea
- Exercise regularly as it helps to check the weight and when combined with Continuous positive airway pressure therapy then it improves sleep apnea
- If you are suffering from sleep apnea then must use Continuous positive airway pressure therapy every night.
I had sex on the 12th of April and my last date of period was 9th April. My first date of period was 5th April. And today is 6th May. I dint get my chumps yet. Any chance of getting pregnant? Or is it safe? Pls help me.
My Girlfriend is a Virgin, She wants to use the Product" Diva Cups" at the time of her periods. Will it break her Hymen? Is it safe to use it? Is there any chances of infection or something? Why is this Product not available in Normal Medical stores and Only available in Amazon? They hav Reduced its price from Rs5000 to Rs2900 for a short period of time, So is there any risk of getting a Bad quality Product? IN SHORT, HOW MUCH SAFE IS THIS "DIVA CUPS" AND Y ONLY FEW WOMEN USE IT?
If you search for sugarcane juice benefits, you'll find that it has been attributed as a natural remedy to a score of problems. It's rich in antioxidants so it helps fights infections and boost the immunity. It's rich in iron, magnesium, calcium and other electrolytes so it's great for dehydration. It helps cure the common cold and other infections and also fight fever as it boosts the body's protein levels. Besides these, there are a few more great health benefits of sugarcane juice that you must learn about:
1. Sugarcane juice is a diuretic which means that it helps treat urinary tract infections, kidney stones and ensure proper functioning of the kidneys.
2. According to Ayurveda, sugarcane juice helps strengthen your liver and is thus suggested as a remedy for jaundice. Jaundice is a condition where you find yellow pigmentation of the skin and membrane due to elevated levels of a substance known as bilirubin in the bodily fluids and is triggered by poor functioning liver. What sugarcane juice does is replenish your body with proteins lost and nutrients that it needs to recover quickly.
3. An Energy Drink - Sugarcane juice is rich in the good kind of carbohydrates, protein, iron, potassium and other essential nutrients that make it the ideal energy drinks. Especially in the summer months, a glass of cold sugarcane juice and really life both your health and your depleting levels of energy. It builds up plasma and body fluids and helps counter dryness and fatigue.
4. Ayurveda also suggests that 'sugarcane juice exhibits laxative properties thereby improving bowel movement and relieving constipation' (Source: ayurhelp.com). Sugarcane juice also has alkaline properties which means it's good for treating acidity and stomach burns.
5. It has a low glycemic index (GI) so it comes highly recommended for diabetics. A study showed that drinking sugarcane juice did not alter the blood glucose levels of diabetics drastically but you should check with your doctor before you start to drink some of this yourself.