Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sumedha HarneYour feedback matters!
Recently I had a sex with a married woman. She had two childrens. This is first time for me. Sir, could you please advice me did I get any diseases?
Hi Dr. I am vimlesh, married from last 1.5 years & trying to conceive from last 6 months. But unable to conceive till date. Facing problem as below: 1. Early ejaculation 2. Low sperm count 3. Unhealthy sperms. Feeling very upset due to unsuccessful from last six month. Please help me in this matter. Also I am facing problem of acidity, gastric, heavy head, laziness, sleepy, body ache. Currently going thru homeopathy medication for this from last 8 month but no benefits. Habit of chewing tobaco, alcohal approx 180 ml a week. Please help in this matter also.
Hello, I am 34 years old working woman, I have thyroid n taking thyronorm 100 mg in morning. My current test report of tsh level is 21.75. I am in a very critical condition, my legs, thais, n face r swelling, pain in legs and below the back every time. I'm not able to walk and step stairs lot. Please advise me what I do to live energetic life again.
What is the possibility and kinds of of birth defects that can happen in babies if the mother has normal T3, T4, and TSH values but father has hypothyroidism which is genetic in his family?
Iodine deficiency is a very common problem worldwide and is a major cause of thyroid disorders. The entire mechanism of how deficiency of iodine causes hypothyroidism is a complex explanation. So we will stick to layman terms and keep it simple. Deficiency of iodine causes a range of diseases which, altogether are termed as iodine deficiency diseases. When an individual does not receive enough iodine, the thyroid gland increases in size because the thyroid is unable to make enough hormones that are necessary for the body. This causes the development of a condition called goitre. Iodine deficiency in pregnant and lactating women is a serious concern because it is the most popular cause of preventable mental retardation.
There can be situations where a person might not be getting adequate iodine, but may not show any symptoms of iodine deficiency. The easiest way to know if a person has iodine deficiency is to get a urine test done or a blood test done to check the level of iodine in the body. Thyroid is a very important gland and is responsible for the following:
- Controlling the metabolic rate
- Boosting synthesis of proteins
- Regulating blood flow and heart rate
- Promoting brain development and linear growth in children
- Helping in normal reproductive functioning in adults
Here are the most common signs that can tell you that your thyroid is not functioning properly due to deficiency of iodine.
- You feel lethargic and tired most of the times and suffer from weakness constantly (due to reduced metabolic rates).
- You may start feeling cold, even when it is visibly warm for the others around you.
- You may have difficulty in concentrating and might have a poor memory (due to slowed down mental processes)
- You may experience unusual weight gain.
- You may become more prone to depressive periods.
- You may notice your skin becoming thick and puffy or your face becoming puffier than usual.
- You may suffer from hair loss.
- You may start having frequent problems of constipation.
- Your skin might feel really dry.
- You might feel your heart beating slower.
- Visible signs would include enlargement of the chin and neck area (caused due to enlargement of your thyroid gland).
With proper treatment and change in diet, iodine deficiency disorders can be prevented with ease. For a better diagnosis, you must consult an experienced medical practitioner and follow his suggestions for improving the iodine levels in your body.