Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sumedha ChhibberYour feedback matters!
I gained 18kgs in past three years I consulted the doctor who advised me to take thyroid test but the result came out that I don't have it I am 19 years old and weigh 70 KGS and my height is 5'6 please suggest me what to do.
I have HbA1C level of 6.3. I am 40 years old male with a family history of diabetes and hypertension. Presently I am having Esam 2.5 mg for hypertension. Please suggest dietary changes or medicines for pre diabetic condition.
I am a diabetic. Can I consume jaggery without the fear of an increase in my blood sugar levels? SKTripathy.
I am 54 years old I am suffering diabetic from 2010. What are the precaution s to be taken to keep sugar normal level. Is there chance for tooth destroy fully or partially.
I am being diagnosed by hypo thyroid. I want to increase stamina. I am using thyronorm 125. Please give the suggestions to increase stamina and endurance. Please also mention the food not to take.(i am not taking junk food)
My age is 40 years old and also I m a diabetic patient last 7 years. Last few days I take medicine Ayurvedic tablets Himalaya LIV. 52 but my blood sugar is increase. Why it is increased? Should I stop taking medicine?
My wife's tsh level is 12. We take homeopathy for that. Also we want to be parents. Which medicine is best?
For the first time I have been found sugar level before food it was 227 and after food 339. kindly advise what to do.?
Infertility is a condition, which is diagnosed as the inability of the woman to conceive a child even after a prolonged duration of unprotected intercourse (for about 6 months to 1 year). This condition can affect both the genders. Infertility might cause immense societal embarrassment for the couple and can mar the joys of a relationship. The causes of infertility in male and female are as follows:
- In males, infertility might stem from injury to the testicles, erectile problems, premature ejaculation, infections due to sexually transmitted diseases, structural deformation of the testicles, little or irregular sperm count and blockage of the ejaculatory duct.
- In females, infertility might develop due to abnormal periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases which cause inflammation of the pelvis such as gonorrhoea and chlamydia, a disorder in the thyroid glands, blockage of the fallopian tubes and structural deformation of the uterus.
- The common reasons of infertility in both men and women can be attributed to increased body weight, old age, excessive consumption of alcohol, diabetes, mental anxiety, side effect of radiation therapy and prescribed medications.
As it is a holistic mode of treatment, Homeopathy can be used to treat infertility as the preparations do not contain any toxin and has zero side effects.
1. In men, if the reason behind infertility is irregular sperm count, then a prescribed dosage of X-Ray might help.
2. If infertility is caused due to erectile problems along with symptoms of severe mental stress, involuntary discharge of semen and lack of sexual desire, a prescribed dosage of Caladium or Selenium might be helpful.
3. If the discharge from the vagina appears to be acidic which gradually destroys the sperms, Borax might be prescribed.
4. If the woman suffers from episodes of irregular, but enduring menstrual periods, a prescribed dosage of Calcarea Carb might be helpful. If the duration of the periods is short, Pulsatilla might also be prescribed.
5. In women, if the symptoms include a lack of sexual desire along with excessive pain in the vagina during sexual intercourse, Sepia might be recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 60 years old and want to reduce weight, is there any medicine which doesn't have side effects? I had cancer 2 years back, and also have hypertension, thyroid under control, diabetes, osteoarthritis, pains in legs and neuro problems due to chemo. Please suggest something which works I have wasted a lot of money on hoax people.
Hiii I wanna ask abt my dad he is 48 years old weight 62. Having sugar problem with 220 sugar level bcz of sugar eye sight ? So it will be a problem.
I know that diabetes can take your vision. But my vision goes up and down. Can that be a sign that I'm on the verge of a stroke due to the mitral valve prolapse?
Infertility is defined as a condition where a woman is unable to conceive a child despite having 1-2 years of unprotected sexual intercourse with a male partner but help for conception can be sought after 6 months of trying pregnancy. In over half the cases, infertility is usually with the male partner which is characterised by a low sperm count. Infertility causes social anxiety as well as relationship problems among couples and can severely affect the self-esteem of the person.
Male infertility tends to have certain tell tale signs some cases or no apparent reasons in other cases. In some cases, male infertility occurs due to underlying medical conditions like genetic problems, widened veins around the testicle or hormonal imbalances and some of the symptoms could be like:
- Recurrent problems during sexual intercourse due to severe pain in the testicular zone.
- You might lose your ability to smell due multiple instances of infections of the respiratory system.
- There might be a reduction in the body hair.
- Abnormal sperm count.
- Lack of sexual desire
Some of the common causes of male infertility could be:
- past injury or surgery of the testicles.
- erectile dysfunction.
- premature ejaculation.
- sexually transmitted infections.
- testicular deformation along with low sperm count.
- Blockage of the ejaculatory
In other cases, the reasons could be:
- old age
- mental anxiety
- excessive alcohol consumption
- diabetes or as a
- side effect of radiation therapy
- prescribed medications to treat other existing ailments within the body
Diagnosis and Treatment
The infertility of the male partner is usually diagnosed by your specialist by evaluating the medical condition and past histories of surgical procedures, sexual practices etc. Infertility can also be diagnosed by analysing the semen.
The treatments for male infertility are varied and depend on the severity and the exact cause of the condition. Male infertility can be treated by hormonal replacement therapies and procedures, counselling or medication (for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation) and procedures to retrieve sperm which is then used for artificial insemination.
I am 66 yrs. Old. Vegetarians. Since last 5-6 month I suffer from rashes. Rashes emerges after intake of food. (Breakfast lunch and dinner) withen 1 hour. sever itching feel. On the affected body part. Signs of scratch emerges on the body. I am diabetic. Fasting sugar level is 100 andpost meal sugar level is 200. Please advice your suggestions and treatment.
Ok thanks madam but I want ask due excess of uric acid it can affect body pain, joint pain, burning feet etc?
My father age is 75. He is diabetic. Sugar level is 300, yesterday night one mouse has bite on his toe fingers. He had no pain. Chemist has given one injection of rabis out of three and one injection of fitness. Please advice.
My mother (57+ yrs) is under treatment for Hypothyroidism & Hypertension. Today early morning (4: 30 AM) she got suddenly waken up with feeling very cold & finding it really difficult to breathe. She felt it could be due to gas & indigestion & therefore taken the medicine'pundinhara' which gave a little relief to her. Later after passing motion etc she felt normal. But still she does not have much appetite although no other significant symptom is there. I have checked BP in the morning (after 3-4 hrs), which came as 115/70 (in electronic monitor) with pulse being 70 & body temperature (in mouth) came around 97.2 F. Can you please advise on what could have caused this - gas/indigestion or something more serious stuff?
A couple becomes a family when they become parents. And, a lot of people want to enjoy the experience being parents. But sometimes, sexual problems can lead to bigger problems, like infertility.
The state of childlessness can be the result of sexual problems. Sometimes couples who go for fertility treatments do not realise that previously existing sexual dysfunctions can be the cause of infertility. Before spending a lot of time on expansive and expensive treatments, it is important to discern if the couple are having problems with their sex lives, with special preference to frequency and timing of coitus.
Two further categories of sexual dysfunctions need to be considered. One is premature ejaculation (PE) in which, the semen is ejected soon after sexual activity and with minimal penile stimulation. The second point is to consider whether the sperm is being introduced to the vagina. This is a personal examination of the couple’s method of having sex.
Sexual problems related to infertility in men are loss of desire, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and retarded ejaculation and in women are loss of desire, vaginismus, dyspareunia and anorgasmia. All these dysfunctions can be solved with the help of an expert. Thus, it is important to go for thorough consultation before going for fertility treatments.
Adequate sexual function can contribute to the success of fertility treatments, but at the same time it also leads to much stress and discord among couples as the pressure of procreation might get too much. This can have harmful repercussions, affecting the entire fertility treatment. The pressure of planned sex, to perform on demand and anxiety also harms fertility.
Talking about sex and focusing on your relationship as a couple helps in the long run. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.