Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumedha Ahel Kotwal
Submit a review for Dr. Sumedha Ahel KotwalYour feedback matters!
Dislocation refers to an injury, which causes the bones to abnormally separate from each other in the joint, which is the meeting place of the bones. Dislocation causes intense pain and is most common in the fingers, shoulders and the elbows. Although a timely diagnosis can make your pain go away, any future injury in the tendons or the ligaments might bring back the injury.
What can cause a dislocation?
The causes of dislocation are as follows:
- A body joint can get dislocated if you have suffered a fall.
- If you are into any form of sports that requires strenuous physical activity and intense exertion on certain body parts like gymnastics, football or volleyball you have a chance of suffering from dislocated body joints.
- Automobile accidents can also cause dislocation of joints.
- Some People who are with a loose ligament and are more likely to get a dislocated joint than other people. This may happen without the influence of a major physical trauma or stress.
Understanding the signs and symptoms
In the majority of the cases, a dislocation of the joint is easily detectable as it induces inflammation along with redness and deformation of the affected area. Some of the other symptoms that might occur as a result of the dislocation of the body joints could be:
- You might experience severe pain while moving the dislocated joint.
- There will be a lack of sensation near the dislocated portion.
- There might be a stinging sensation in the dislocated area.
- In certain areas you may not be able to move the joint at all
If you have a dislocated joint, the doctors can easily relocate them. Depending on the amount of swelling and pain you are experiencing, the doctor might administer local anesthesia during the process. If the joint dislocation is too severe or has multiple instances of dislocation, then you may have to undergo surgery. Surgery may also be suggested if the adjoined ligaments or tendons are severely affected along with the joints. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a 20 years old guy having pain in leg in the early wakeup in the morning. Please give me some suggestion so that I can tackle this situation.
Am having regular body pains and joints pain problem I am unable to sit for potty also and some time I am using or taking support to sit for potty and regular body pains and burning sense in potty and on my chest also.
Is there any other possible cure for herniated disc except operation when the patient has started losing power in one leg while other leg is having radiative pain.
Hi, I am 32 years old working lady having one kid of 7 years old. Suffering from body pain, sleepy during my working hours, unable to work efficiently. Tired feeling from early morning to whole day. Headache and vomit feeling during working hours. Tasteless for anything. Fluffy stomach after every meal My recent Blood Test Report mention below: Total T3-131.0 ng/dI Total T4-8.5 ug/dI TSH 5.46 uIU/mL Hb-8.0 Gm/dI TLC- 9700 /cu. Mm. DLC neutrophil 54% Lymphocytes 42% monocyte 01% eosinophil 03% basophil 00 % Platelet Count - 2.81 Lacs/cu. Mm. Total RBC Count - 3.7 Millions/cumm Packed Cell Volume- 31.6 % MCV - 69.1 fl. MCH - 23.1 pg. MCHC - 30.6 gm/dl ESR (Wintrobe'S method) - 39 mm/Hr. Please suggest any medication for the same.
I have body since 2 months. What can I do? Especially spinal chord pain is more. Please suggest some medicine.
1. Pain in just one joint like knee joint. It can be due to osteoarthritis. It is quite common in older people but it can sometimes affect younger people, especially those who are overweight or those who have had serious injuries to the joint in the past.
The knee joint is particularly vulnerable to damage and pain because it takes the full weight of your body