Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suman NigamYour feedback matters!
Unlike its tastier and tempting counterparts like cottage cheese and flavoured yoghurt, dahi or curd has always been a staple in a majority of Indian diets, but many people are not aware of the benefits proffered by this humble accompaniment. Curd has many health as well as nutritional benefits and having a bowlful of curd every day helps to regulate body temperature, improves digestion and saves you from recurrent stomach ailments.
There are various other advantages of consuming curd regularly.
Importance of having curd
Curd or dahi as Indians call it is in great demand all around the year, particularly during the summer months. It is a great tastemaker and incorporated in numerous Indian dishes that are important from both taste and health perspective. Besides curd improves complexion and in often cases, curd seems to be more beneficial than milk, the fermentation of which leads to the making of curd.
Nutritional facts about curd
In a cupful or 100 grams of curd, there are 4.3 grams of fat, 3.4 grams of carbohydrates, 11 grams of proteins, 17 mg of cholesterol, 36.4 grams of sodium and 10.4 grams of potassium. Curd is also rich in Vitamin A, D and B-12, magnesium and a good quantity of calcium as well.
Curd helps in digestion
This melange of nutrients present in curd gets easily absorbed by human alimentary canal and curd itself aids in digestion of other food nutrients. It also helps in maintaining the ideal pH balance and alleviates many stomach ailments and helps in relieving from dysentery.
Curd is good for teeth and bone health
Contrary to the popular belief, curd is much better for the maintenance of teeth and bone health due to its high calcium and phosphorus content. Both phosphorus and calcium are important for bones and teeth, and therefore, you must eat loads of curd or dahi regularly if you are dealing with arthritis and osteoporosis.
Curd triggers weight loss
Finally, the importance of curd in weight loss can never be overlooked. Curd is rich in calcium, which hinders the cortisol formation in the body. The lack of balance in cortisol content within the body may lead to various lifestyle-related troubles such as obesity, stress and hypertension. A recent research has informed that having 18 ounces of dahi daily aids in reducing stomach fat as more amount of calcium hinders the cortisol release by fat cells.
There is a lot more that dahi or curd can do for your health and beauty benefits, and a physician will be able to tell you more about this.
I am a 25 years old girl. I have. hemophilia type 7. I am going to marry my lover in 4 months. If I pregnant any problem for this.
I am 13 weeks pregnent and all my test reports are normal. But there is lot of pain in my stomach. What shpould I do?
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Polycystic ovary syndrome is one of the most common diseases that are faced by the women of today and the major reason for this is the lack of healthy balanced diet. Pcos is a disease that prevails most commonly in obese or over-weight women. Women with pcos have higher level of insulins than normal and this causes your ovaries to produce excess androgens.
The pcos diet consists of food high in fibre and protein. High fibre food can help combat insulin resistance by slowing down digestion and reducing the effect of sugar on the blood. High fibre food includes beans, lentils, leafy vegetables, almonds and sweet potatoes. Lean protein plays a crucial part in the pcos diet as it ensures that it is filling and is a health dietary option for women. Lean protein is concentrated in food such as tofu, chicken and fish. The diet should also include food reducing inflammation such as tomatoes, kale, spinach and almonds and olive oil.
There are certain food items that should be avoided if you have pcos. They include foods with refined carbohydrates such as white bread, snacks and drinks with high sugar levels and inflammatory food such as red meat. Pcos like many other diseases is positive to proactive lifestyle. Weight loss dieticians state that a healthy diet along with daily exercises would keep pcos at bay.
We are in relationship couple and planning to do sex first time but have a little doubt when and how to sex to not get her pregnant due to her period regarding uncertainty guide me coz I can't ask someone personally.
I had sex with my girl friend. But I didn't insert my penis in to her vagina. I used my penis below d vagina nd between d to lap joint. After doing tht I found my semen in her vagina outer layer. I searched in Internet is show their is 95 percentage of change to get pregnant. Is tht true?
Hello Doctor. My age was 24 and I got pregnancy and aborted with ipill .now am tensed with it if I get married then how t resolve it. Whether if it gets problem or what to do doctor will I get pregnancy over at that tym or any health problems. Please reply.
From past 3 days. Im getting pain frm reproductive system and itching too. Whem im passing urine out it is is terribly pain. So wat I should do?
I am having blood in my urine and vomiting. High bleeding occurs on masturbation and bloody vomit. I haven't taken any medication nor I had any injury. What can be the reason and its solution.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) refers to the unexplained and sudden death of a seemingly hale and hearty baby. This condition tends to occur when the baby is asleep and that's why it's also known as crib death. Although the reason for the condition is still not known, many experts have attributed the cause of the condition to abnormal development in the parts of the baby's brain that oversees breathing and awakening from sleep. Nonetheless, there are ways that can prevent the problem from occurring and which are:
- Always place your baby on the back to sleep - Sleeping on the back is the safest position that your baby should be in, whenever he or she sleeps. You shouldn't let your child sleep on the sides as he or she can roll onto the stomach, and may hamper the breathing process. You can place your baby on the stomach when he or she is awake.
- Place your baby on a firm surface to sleep sans of any objects - It's best to place your baby on a firm mattress to sleep while avoiding thick and feather padding like a thick comforter. At the same time, objects like toys, stuffed animals or pillows should be removed from the crib as they may get in the way of your child's breathing by pressing on his or her face.
- Make sure your baby doesn't become very hot - For keeping your baby warm during sleep, it's best to opt for sleep clothing or blanket made of light material so that it doesn't make him or her feel very hot. If using a blanket, it should be placed loosely over the baby and one should also remember to not cover the baby's head during sleep.
- Use a pacifier - Research suggests that the use of the pacifier can reduce a baby's chance of dying from SIDS. This is because the pacifier helps in preventing the baby from rolling over onto his or her stomach during sleep. At the same time, it's also believed that the instrument helps in keeping the baby's tongue positioned in a manner that keeps his or her airways open.
- Breastfeed your baby - breastfeeding your baby for a minimum of 6 months can help in preventing the occurrence of SIDS. Several studies have revealed this beneficial aspect of breastfeeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am suffering from little bit jaundice and also having temperature from 99 to 102.5 and I am pregnant, suggest something how can I take relief from all this things. And also share me diet plan.
My wife missing a period from 7 days so we are planning to just test check pregnancy test if it's. Negative means to stop which tablets is bust.
I am 23 years female and delayed mensus from last 4 month I have taken unwanted72 2-3 in one month please give me suitable advise.
Mouth gargling with warm water with salt added to it is a very effective method especially in chilling winters to reduce tooth ache arising due to sensitive teeth. Though it relieves the pain, consult your dentist for permanent cure.
Actually I and my boyfriend had protective sex but still I got pregnant and had miscarriage as I wasn't aware of it. Is this possible?
As the mercury levels soar higher, it is time to get creative to keep yourself cool this summer. To keep yourself hydrated and active, you can include fresh seasonal fruits in your daily diet.
Here are some nutritious and refreshing fruits that help you in fighting the effects of the hot summer and health problems that accompany them:
1. Melons - Watermelon has high water content that helps you to stay hydrated and refreshed during summer. Melons contain lycopene that helps in protecting the skin against sun damage. Muskmelon is another healthy summer fruit that helps to improve the body's immunity as it is rich in potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin C.
2. Oranges - A juicy orange is a perfect thirst quencher in the summer season. Orange is rich in all varieties of vitamins except vitamin K. Oranges contain a large amount of vitamin C, folate, and thiamin that provide natural protection against the harmful UV rays, help in increasing the production of red blood cells in your body and also reduce stress level. They also help in curing muscle pains and cramps. Beta-carotene, lutein, and cryptoxanthin are present in oranges that help to keep away infections and cancer and also protect the eye from macular degeneration.
3. Mango - Rightly called the king of fruits, mango is loaded with high amounts of selenium, iron, and fiber. It is also an outstanding source of vitamins C, vitamin A and minerals like phosphorus, calcium, and potassium. The cholesterol levels in the body are lowered by high levels of vitamin C, fiber, and pectin. The potassium content of the fruit helps in controlling high blood pressure and heart rate. The fruit also has properties that help in boosting your immunity.
4. Papaya - Papaya is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, folate, and phytochemicals. These have anti-cancerous, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. Papain is an enzyme found in this fruit, which helps in curing ingestion and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The antioxidants present in papaya help in slowing down the ageing process in women, provide a fresh glow to the skin and help in weight loss.
5. Grapes - Grapes help in losing weight by reducing the capacity of the cells to store more fat. Grapes also help in protecting the body against the damaging effects of radiation, cleansing your blood, preventing degenerative nerve disease and boosting cardiovascular health.
Water birth, as revolutionary as it might sound, is not a bad idea. Common in the European countries like Australia and New Zealand, many birth centres in the United States have also started installing water birth tubs. It is the process of giving birth in a warm water tub, which is said to ease the process. The logic behind this goes that since the baby stays in the mother's womb for nine months in a water sac, therefore, birthing in a similar environment is better for the baby and less complex. Many obstetricians believe that this also prevents any kind of foetal complications.
There are both benefits and risk of water birth. They are as follows:
Benefits of water birth:
Water labour and water birth has the following advantages for the mother and the baby.
For the mother:
- The warm water provides mobility and comfort to the mother. The mother is also at a spontaneous position in water to change her location and deliver the baby.
- Pressure on the abdomen is decreased. Buoyancy helps in the efficient contraction of the uterine walls and it improves blood circulation, which again gives better supply of oxygen to the uterine muscles. The baby is provided with sufficient amount of oxygen while the mother endures lesser pain.
- Birthing in water helps in conservation of energy on part of the mother. The immersion helps to reduce collision with gravity and gives support to the mother's weight. This energy produced helps in coping with the uterine muscle contractions.
- The process of labour becomes more productive as it gives relaxation to the mother. While the mother calms down in the water, her hormones start working better and in turn the process is accelerated. The water also helps in soothing the pelvic muscles.
- The immersion helps in lowering the level of blood pressure and in reducing anxiety.
- Stress is hugely reduced as the mother is at ease and this helps in producing endorphins that serve as pain inhibitors.
For the baby:
- The baby gets a similar environment as the amniotic sac which helps in the birthing process gets added support.
- The stress of birth is greatly reduced.
Risks of water birth:
- There remains a risk of water embolism that is when the water enters into the mother's bloodstream.
- If the mother has herpes, this practice should not be followed as herpes spreads in water faster.
- This should be avoided in case of excessive bleeding and any kind of maternal infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.