Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suman Mian
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suman MianYour feedback matters!
Sir/mamI had make physical on 8 April and my mc was over on 7 April and on 18 April a white discharge from vagina and on 28 April brownish blood come from vagina what was this is this a symptoms of pregnancy all other symptom I don't feel every thing normal.
Hi doctor! I am little worried about my period dates. Last month my date was 29th but today is 29th and I still didn't get my periods. I have little pain in stomach and back. I need to know about normal mensuration cycle. Should I take any medicine or its normal?
My problem is irregular periods and overweight than doctor suggest glucophgae, but glocophase is not avilabe in chemist shop .plz sugest I take glyciphage behalf I Glucophase?
What is the best method to ensure birth control? We do use condom while having sex, but I don't know if it assures birth control 100%. Please help.
14 day of completion of period .unsafe sex. Any chance of pregnancy. If any what to do to avoid pregnancy. 72 hours.
My girlfriend had her last mc on 15th july onwards. On 23rd we engaged into foreplay where I rubbed my NAKED genital against hers. But she had her underwear on. I did not ejaculate. Today is 15th august and she still has not got her periods. We are extremely tensed. What could be the reason of not going the periods?
Infertility problems have been very common and are at their highest. Every second individual out of ten is suffering with infertility in India. To treat infertility and enjoy parenthood, many people go for IVF treatment. There are many IVF centers across Globe. India especially Delhi is considered to be hub of IVF centers. The cost of IVF treatment in Delhi is comparatively low as compared to the other counterparts.
Some of the best IVF clinics in Delhi that have high success and are cost effective are:
Consultation fees: ₹800
Aveya Fertility IVF Clinic, Delhi is a successful and trustworthy name amongst IVF clinics. in India. The team has years of experience and up to date in latest techniques to treat infertility cases. The team here specializes in IVF, surrogacy, egg donation and egg freezing. The center is not only patient friendly but also customizes to fit into the budget of most of the patients, to ensure that the dreams of couples can come true.
Consultation fees: ₹800
Balaji is a multispeciality hospital with specialised to treat infertility. This center is headed by Dr. Ruby Sehra. She has over 30 years of experience and is amongst the leading and best gynecologist in Delhi. She provides a wide variety of infertility treatments ranging from basic infertility diagnosis and treatment to advanced services as in vitro fertilization (IVF), intracytoplasmic sperm injection (CSI) and assisted hatching, egg donation, gestational surrogacy [with own eggs] and an egg donor assisted surrogacy. Her treatment has a success rate of 50% – 69%, depending on the age of the patient. She is a member of various popular and recognized medical societies like ASRM, AOGD, ESHRE.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Progeny IVF clinic India is runned by Dr. Ruby Sehra, a reputed gynaecologist in Delhi. The center provides a wide variety of infertility treatments ranging from basic infertility diagnosis and treatment to advanced services as in vitro fertilization (IVF), pre-genetic screening, intracytoplasmic sperm injection (CSI) and assisted hatching. Her IVF centre in Delhi is known to provide the most economical, transparent, highly successful IVF treatment.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Nova IVI Fertility is the among the largest service providers worldwide and have many centers across India. The clinics in India are equipped with advanced Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) from Spain. They have integrated the best technologies around the world for procedures such as IUI, IVF and Andrology services. They use techniques like vitrification for preserving embryos and eggs, use of embryoscope and ERA helps in finding out the best timing for embryo transfer to the uterus. These advanced technologies gives them an edge and exceptionally success rate.
Consultation fees: ₹500
Indira IVF clinic is a trusted and successful fertility hospitals in India. They are known for use of latest and advanced methods to treat the cases of infertility. Some of the various treatments provided here are assisted reproductive technologies like IUI, IVF/ICSI, IMSI. The team here consists of best gynecologist, sonographers, embryologists, nurses and counselors that provide a holistic approach. They have a very high IVF success rate and has become a preferred center of treatment of infertility in both men and women.
Consultation fees: ₹500
Bourn Hall clinic has several centers across Delhi- NCR. they are considered to be the pioneers of In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF). they are known for their customized and personalized treatments. Use of advanced treatment and hi-class technologies give them an unmatched success rate as compared to any other clinic. They have several awards for the highest possible quality standards.
Consultation fees: ₹900
Delhi IVF is an Oldest IVF Clinic in Delhi with more than 25 years of experience. They have treated patients across the globe. The centre is known for incredible and effective results. They have the highest success rate from 1st IVF cycle. The center is headed by Dr. Anoop Gupta who has a track record of conducting most successful IVF treatment. The center is known to match international standards and use of advanced technologies.
Consultation fees: ₹600
Rainbow IVF Centre is a popular and well established infertility Clinic in Delhi and UP. Dr. Jaideep Malhotra has 35 years of experience and specializes in vitro fertilisation, Embryo Transfer, Pre and Post Delivery Care and ART. She is one of the famous doctors and has reached many milestones in success of IVF treatment as a pioneer in UP, in her practice.
Consultation fees: ₹1200
Ferticity Fertility Clinics is a trusted name in treating infertility. They are known for compassion and holistic approach. The clinic provides treatments like IUI (intrauterine insemination), IVF – ICSI (in vitro fertilization), PGD/S (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis and Screening), Blastocyst Transfer. Dr. Ila Gupta and Dr. Nalini Mahajan who have years of experience run this clinic.
Consultation fees: ₹2000
Southend fertility clinic is amongst the most awarded clinics. The clinic is headed by Dr. Sonia Malik, one of the most reputed name in the fraternity. They are well equipped in treating male and female infertility as well as in conducting some advanced procedures like PGS / PGD, Assisted Laser Hatching, Oocyte & Ovarian Tissue Freezing, Embryo Biopsy, DNA Fragmentation and Personalized Embryo Transfer.
Air is the Most Essential Thing
Air is a mechanical mixture of gases, and the most essential thing for an organism to survive. It normally contains Nitrogen (78%), Oxygen (21%), Carbon dioxide and other gases in proportion. In addition to these gases, air also contains water vapour, traces of ammonia and suspended matter such as dust, bacteria, spores, and vegetable debris, etc.
Apart from supplying the life-giving oxygen, air and atmospheric conditions serve several functions. The human body is cooled by the air contact; special senses of hearing and smell function through air-transmitted stimuli; disease agents are conveyed by air.
The term “air pollution” denotes the presence of substances (e.g. gases, mixtures of gases and particulate matter) in the ambient surroundings, generated by the activities that interfere with the human health, safety or comfort, and is injurious to organisms, and other environmental media. It also results in chemicals entering the food chain, drinking water and thereby, adding substantial disease burden and affecting the quality of life. The problem of air pollution was first recognized about 500 years ago when the burning of coal in cities was increasing, and since then it is increasing at an alarming rate all over the globe.
During foggy weather, when little wind is present the smoke generated from pollution is mixed with fog and form “SMOG”
The smog is making it difficult for people to see and breathe.
- Personal air exposure: refers to exposure to dust, fumes and gases to which an individual is exposed directly or indirectly, eg. Smoking.
- Occupational air exposure: exposure to harmful concentration of aerosols, vapors, and gases in working environment.
- Community air exposure: This is most serious, complex, consists of varieties of assortment of pollution sources, meteorological factors, and wide variety of adverse social, economic, and health effects.
Till date more than 100 substances have been identified which pollute the air. These vary from place to place depending upon the specific complex of contaminant source. Following are few examples of primary and secondary air pollutants:
- Carbon monoxide
- Sulphur dioxide
- Nitrogen oxides
- Particulate matter
- PAN (peroxy acetyl nitrate)
- Photochemical smog
- Aerosols and mists: Sulphuric acid (H2SO4), Nitric acid (HNO3)
Indoor Air Pollution
- Indoor air pollution is one of the four most critical global environmental problems.
- It exposes more people worldwide to important air pollutants than pollution in outdoor air.
- Rural people in developing countries may receive as much as two-thirds of the global exposure to particulates.
- Women and children suffer the greatest exposure.
Sources of Indoor Pollution
- Indoor air pollution contributes to acute respiratory infections in young children, chronic lung disease, and cancer in adults, and may induce adverse pregnancy outcomes.
- Non-smoking women exposed to indoor coal smoke have a risk of lung cancer similar to that of men who smoke lightly.
Effects on Health
Air pollution has short term and long term effects. The direct effects are reflected in airway system and then spread to multi-systems. It ranges from:
- Upper and lower respiratory tract infections (acute and chronic)
- Acute and recurrent bronchitis
- Acute respiratory distress
- Asthmatic attacks
- Aggravation of pre-existing respiratory and heart disease.
- Lung cancer
The short term and long term exposure is also linked with short life expectancy and reduced quality of life.
Effects of specific pollutants
The keywords of general management with respect to Air Pollution are:
- More you prevent yourself from harmful allergens, dust, smoke, pollution and smog, more it would be beneficial for your health.
- Try to avoid early morning exposure to smog, cold air when your city is too much polluted.
- Avoid travelling in crowded areas, malls and street where number of people and vehicles are intense.
- Avoid taking walks on main roads, rather prefer parks with greenery.
- Eating healthy foods keep your immunity intact and strong.
- Food items like Jaggery, food rich in vitamin E and C keeps your immunity intact.
- Avoid taking spicy and sour foods.
Keep your airways clear and clean
- Use masks where ever necessary.
- Avoid smoking and Passive-Smoking.
- Keep your home free of dust, perfumes, strong smells and garbage.
- Timely medication helps your immunity to fight disease better.
- Don’t ignore symptoms even if they are minor and nonspecific.
- Keep yourself educated regarding hazards of air pollution and how to tackle them.
- Keep an eye on neighbourhood for any polluting activities such as open fires, release of chemicals from factories, old polluting vehicles etc.
- Try not to use own vehicles when you are travelling alone.
- Opt for Car-Pool in where ever possible.
Ask for your rights
- At working environments ask for masks, air purifiers, and less exposure to air/chemical pollution
- Take opinion of medical specialists if you feel unwell while working.
- Support govt. initiatives to keep your city clean and green
Role of Homeopathy in Diseases arising from Air Pollution
Homeopathy heals holistically!
- Homeopathic medicines stimulates the body’s inner strength and boost the immune system to work well i.e. to reduce the disease load and to improve the overall health.
- The constitutional or individualized homeopathy is known to reduce to tendency to catch respiratory illnesses.
- The prescription is dependent upon symptoms, signs, tendencies, history and causation.
- The treatment can be curative, palliative or supportive depending upon state and staging of disease.
- In every stage homeopathy has a definitive role to play.
- Homeopathic medicines can be taken safely along with other/conventional medications (ADD-ON Therapy).
- In addition to constitutional/individualized medicines, the following medicines are frequently used on the basis of causation and symptom similarity:
- Allium cepa: Rhinitis, coryza copious, fluent, watery, acrid discharge; burning in nose, mouth, throat; violent sneezing; eyes red, burning with profuse, watery, bland lacrimation; headache, cough, hoarseness.
- Ammonium carb: Complaints from fumes, charcoal fumes; emphysematous changes in lungs; frequent sneezing, profuse discharge from nose, burning like hot water; stoppage of nose at night, wake up from sleep; sensation of dust particles in throat; dry tickling cough; chokes; wheezing.
- Arsenicum album: An important remedy that is used in majority of complaints incidental to air pollutants, e.g. conjunctivitis, rhinitis, asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema, lung cancer, leukaemia and other malignancies, etc; quick respiration; suffocation inducing cough; scanty, frothy expectoration; sneezing without relief; burning in eyes; burning pains all over.
- Blatta orientalis: Complaints from fumes, coal dust, smoke; relieves bronchospasm, acts as expectorant; dyspnoea, oppression of breathing; cough, with thick and purulent sputum.
- Bromium: Complaints from coal dust; allergy to dust; complaints of sailors who suffer from asthma when they go ashore, better on sea. Dry spasmodic cough, airway feels filled with smoke; difficulty in inspiring, as if breathing through sponge.
- Carbo veg: Complaints from carbon gas, carbon monoxide, dust, smoke, fumes from incomplete combustion of fuels. Collapse from imperfect oxidation. Oppressed, quick respiration; air-hunger, longing for fresh air; wants windows open; long spasms of cough with weakness, wheezing, gagging.
- Cassia sophera: Complaints from exposure to dust, smoke; asthma, dry cough, with pain in chest, irritation in throat, better warmth; expectoration thick, yellowish; worse during winters, change of weather.
- Dulcamara: Ailments from changing, damp environment, foggy weather, cold damp conditions, air-conditioned rooms; dry, teasing, spasmodic cough; hoarseness; dyspnoea after physical exertion.
- Euphrasia: Inflammation of the conjunctiva; profuse acrid lacrimation; profuse, fluent bland coryza, sneezing in morning; violent cough in day time, abundant expectoration; worse indoors, warmth; better in open air.
- Lobelia inflata: Ailments from smoke, dust; emphysematous changes; extreme dyspnoea; cough with sneezing, gasping; scanty expectoration; extreme nausea and vomiting, cannot bear taste or smell of tobacco.
- Natrum sulph: Ailments incidental to spring & rainy season; dyspnoea; coughs continuously, towards end hacks up thick, ropy, greenish mucus.
- Pothos foetidus: Ailments from smoke, dust; great dyspnoea and cough, frequent sneezing, pain in throat and chest, anxiety, abdominal distension and tension, better in open air.
- Phosphorus: An important remedy that may be used in majority of complaints incidental to air pollutants, e.g. conjunctivitis, rhinitis, asthmatic bronchitis, emphysema, lung cancer, leukaemia, and other malignancies, etc. Breathing anxious, panting, short, hurried, very much oppressed; tightness across chest; violent hard, dry, tight, racking cough in spasmodic paroxysms.
- Plumbum metallicum: An important remedy for lead toxicity. Interference with homoeostasis, rapid reduction in number of red cells, with pallor, icterus, anaemia. Localized neuralgic pains, neuritis, paralysis, wrist drop; stinging and tearing in limbs, with twitching, numbness.
- Sulphurous acid: Persistent choking cough with copious expectoration; hoarseness, constriction of chest, difficult breathing.
- Sabadilla: Rhinitis, pharyngitis; violent spasmodic sneezing, abundant watery nasal discharge, itching and tingling in nose, redness and burning in eyes, lacrimation, frontal headache, dryness and irritation in throat.
- Sambucus: Nasobronchial hypersensitivity; paroxysmal nightly suffocative attacks; nose stopped up at night, breath through mouth; cough deep, restlessness, profuse perspiration.
- Sanguinaria can: Nasobronchial hypersensitivity, asthmatic bronchitis. Severe dyspnoea, constriction in chest, severe spasmodic cough. Expectoration of thick yellow mucus, dislodged with difficulty. Sneezing, profuse watery mucus from nose; sensitive to flowers, odours.
- Spongia: Complaints from sudden change of atmosphere, smoke. Severe form of asthmatic bronchitis, with dryness of respiratory tract. Severe dyspnoea, with wheezing, suddenly wakes up at night with intense suffocation; respiration rapid, short.
The quote 'Good day starts with coffee' suits a lot of people who love nothing more than a cup of coffee every morning. However, your morning tryst with a cup of coffee might not be a very healthy habit. Believe it or not, addiction to caffeine (in the form of coffee) is as harmful as addiction to any other drug. In fact, caffeine is a legal drug that slowly and gradually damages your gastrointestinal tract. Here are the negative effects of coffee on your digestive system:
- Increases Acidity: Coffee is known to contain different kinds of oils, acids and caffeine. These compounds have adverse impact on the digestive system. The stomach and intestinal linings get damaged due to the over-consumption of these compounds in the form of coffee. Moreover, as you take coffee, your stomach produces more hydrochloric acid for digestion. This causes acidity and hampers the HCL levels all together. When we take coffee regularly for years in empty stomach, our body's capacity of producing proper amounts of HCL gets hampered. Often, HCL production gets reduced as well. This leads to indigestion of other food items and effects flatulence and produces unwanted gases due to improper breaking of proteins and fats by the body.
- Ulcers and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Doctors believe that coffee acts as an irritant for patients of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gastritis, Crohn's disease, colitis and ulcers. Coffee is responsible for the irritation of the lining of stomach and intestine. It is also noticed that certain enzymes present in the coffee beans are also harmful for the gastrointestinal tract.
- Heartburn: Coffee is responsible for relaxing the esophageal sphincter muscle. The relaxation of this muscle hinders the process of digestion and causes acid-reflux, resulting in heartburn. It is known to have compounds that have diuretic, laxative and mineral blocking effects on the body.
- Laxative Effects: Coffee stimulates the process of peristalsis or movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract. The peristalsis starts immediately after food is swallowed by the individual. The intake of coffee catalyzes peristalsis and consequently leads to emptying of the stomach even before the food is digested properly. The semi-digested food is sent to the intestine too early, causing injury to the intestine and hampering the absorption of nutrients.
- Affects absorption of minerals: Caffeine reduces the ability of the stomach to absorb iron and also hinders the absorption of minerals like calcium, zinc and magnesium by the kidney. All these minerals help in digestion at different points and regulate the bowel movement.
Coffee is known to have benefits like reduction of constipation and sugar absorption. But, it also interferes with the smooth functioning of the digestive system. It has a tendency to increase stomach aches, disturb the fluid balance and the overall process of digestion. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!