Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suman Lata MendirattaYour feedback matters!
Today is 16 dpiui and as per my gynec advise I have take progesterone suppository and norethisterone for 3 days everything is over from today onward but I dnt hav any symptoms. I checked my cervix it is in medium firm and slightly open. When will get my periods.
I am a unmarried girl and I missed my periods after suffered from pox wt should I do to continue my periods.
I have married since 1 year, till now I have miscarriage 3 times after completing 2 months so please suggest.
I am having brown color bleeding during my period I took a unwanted 72 few days back can I be pregnant?
I have a irregular of periods, hair growth on the face, and started put on weight and now I'm 72+ weighing, I have already consulted a doctor they tell only way is to reduce weight, but I tried but I don't loose weight, please guide me some suggestions or any natural medicine.
Obesity is the state of being overweight. When excess fat accumulates in different parts of the body, it can lead to such a condition. Simply put, when the intake of calories exceeds the amount of calories burned, the extra calories get stored in the body in the form of fat. As per a recent study published in the British medical journal, the Lancet, there were 20 million obese women in India in 2014 as compared to 9.8 million obese men.
Causes of obesity: Accumulated fat leads to excessive weight gain which may occur due to a coalition of many factors such as a sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical exercise or improper eating habits. Although a host of involuntary causes such as genetics, hormonal and environmental factors can also lead to such. Recent studies have even concluded that endocrine disorders and medications comprising of psychotic drugs, estrogens, insulin and other such are also likely to lead to obesity.
Symptoms of obesity: Apparent symptoms of obesity include excess body fat, occasional shortness of breath, unwarranted sweating with a foul odor and persistent fatigue. These conditions also lead to further complications like diabetes, infertility and hypertension to name a few.
How to manage obesity with Ayurveda?
In Ayurvedic terms, obesity is called Medarog, which is caused when the Kapha is triggered. A dense, sticky, wet, heavy humor which manages all structure and lubrication in both the mind and the body is known as Kapha. Kapha provides nourishment to the various tissues of the body through several micro channels but when aggravated it leads to the production of toxins which are dense and heavy and subsequently block these micro channels. These toxins heap up in the micro channels and cause a drastic increase in the production of fat tissues, consequently causing an increase in weight. By abolishing foods that aggravate the Kapha from one's diet, people may treat obesity.
The next step would include cleansing the fat tissues using different herbs. Avoiding oily, fried and processed food is highly advisable. Avoiding foods rich in carbohydrates such as potato and polished rice also helps. Increased consumption of greens and fruits helps restore stability and when coupled with exercise, it can be a relatively quick fix to overcome obesity.
Sexual disorders are issues or complications which hamper your sex life. This can have unintended consequences such as depression and separation. Sexual disorders may be either physical or psychological; at present, there are treatments available for most sexual disorders.
Sexual disorders interfere with certain parts or the whole of the sexual response cycle (which consists of excitement, orgasm, plateau and resolution). This means that you will not be able to achieve satisfaction and contentment by engaging in a sexual activity.
The types of sexual disorders are-
- Disorders related to orgasm: These disorders are related to the inability to orgasm or climax.
- Desire disorders: Lack of desire to engage in sexual intercourse
- Arousal disorders: If afflicted with these disorders, you will find it very difficult to be aroused during a sexual activity.
- Pain related issues: These are disorders in which you experience pain during sexual intercourse.
The symptoms of sexual disorders are-
- You may be unable to orgasm.
- Tight muscles in the vagina, thus hampering sex.
- Dry vaginal tissues in the vagina leading to pain during sex.
- Inability to maintain or achieve erection.
- Premature ejaculation.
There are various treatments which are available to rectify sexual disorders. They are-
- Sex Therapy: You may consult a sex therapist who can provide counseling on the psychological aspects of sex. They can help you resolve those psychological factors which can act as a deterrent.
- Hormone Therapy: Women can undergo hormone therapy if the cause of sexual disorders is an imbalance in the hormones.
- Mechanical Devices: Various devices such as penile implants and vacuum devices can help overcome sexual disorders.
Dear doctor, she got a problem with missed abortion on dec 2015, and she got ectopic pregnancy on 2010, still no pregnancy, let me know the chances of pregnancy, we are in vizag location, please advise.
Happy durga puja folks!
This puja, celebrate the triumph of good over evil by enjoying these 5 delectable authentic bengali dishes that are packed with health benefits. You can easily prepare these at home or even enjoy them over a family meal at a bengali-cuisine restaurant.
1. Nolen gurer sandesh: this sumptuous bengali sweet is prepared with paneer or cottage cheese from fresh milk and grated date palm jaggery or nolen gur and a bit khoa. Sandesh is a healthy take on desserts comprising of high-protein ingredient paneer and date palm jaggery that has a body-warming effect during winter. The latter also cleans your respiratory tracts and digestive system. You can easily make this little delight at home this puja. Decorate by adding pistachios, almonds and saffron strands for flavour. You can even add few pieces of dry fig or anjeer for enhancing taste.
2. Ilish macher jhol: relish your festivities with this spicy hilsa or ilish fish curry prepared with mustard oil. Spices like nigella seeds, chillies and ginger paste make the dish aromatic. This exquisitely prepared dish has a crunchy layer outside and soft juicy fish inside making it a perfect bite. Hilsa is rich in omega 3 fatty acid that helps in developing a healthy brain and nervous system as well as healthy heart and gut. This variety of fish needs very little oil to cook so you can have it guilt-free smoked, steamed or even baked teamed with a bed of fragrant rice.
3. Shukto: shukto is authentic to bengali cuisine generally served as first course. It is a healthy and wholesome concoction of vegetables like raw papaya, raw bananas, brinjal, cluster beans, aubergine, bitter gourd, sweet potatoes, crunchy drumsticks and bitter melon. You can even cook this dish with freshly ground spices and ginger paste and cow milk/rice milk for the gravy. Shukto is a stew that needs very little spices because of the heady mix of flavour and it is very intestine friendly. It supports in proper secretion of digestive juices. You can add to it by squeezing 2 slices of gondhoraj lebu or the aroma king lemon to savour your taste buds.
4. Mishti doi: this delectable sweet yogurt is a light bengali dessert available in various seasonal fruity flavours. Mishti doi has a thick and dense texture with natural sweetening agents like jaggery or fruits making it a healthy choice. You can even add dry fruits to give the yogurt a crunchy zest. Yogurt is loaded with vitamins, minerals, fibers, helps you feel full for long and prevents osteoporosis, irritable bowel syndrome, digestive problems and liver diseases.
5. Oats khichuri: another indispensable item from a bengali thali, khichuri is traditionally prepared from rice, pulses, spices and vegetables. Giving it a healthy twist you can savour this delight guilt-free by replacing rice by oats. Oatmeal khichuri is a wholesome dish with protein from the dal and oats along with various colourful vegetables available in winter which makes it a nutritious choice for puja brunches and bhogs rejoiced by children and adults alike. You can add fragrance to this dish from spices like cinnamon and cloves.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
Hi sir we had sex before 3 months from the starting month that girl has no problem with periods however this month period got stopped could you pls help me out with this how to conclude that she is pregnant ?
Every woman has a unique system, especially when it comes to matters like menstrual cycles and pregnancy. There are some women who go through normal bleeding while for others, it may be less than ideal. Also, there are women who may experience a condition known as Menorrhagia which is characterised by excessively heavy bleeding during menstrual cycles. Cramping and bleeding for longer than a week are the most common symptoms of this condition. Here are ways to treat this condition.
- Basis of Treatment: The main cause will dictate the basis of treatment for this condition. Your overall medical history and state of health will be taken into account along with the future of your childbearing plans. The gynaecologist will also study the effect of this condition on your lifestyle and examine your tolerance towards certain supplements and medicines.
- Medication: The doctor may prescribe iron supplements in case of anaemia due to the condition. Further, non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs like naproxen and ibuprofen may be prescribed too. Oral contraceptives and progesterone are also helpful in such cases while Tranexamic acid can reduce the excessive blood loss. The doctor may also insert an intrauterine device to release levonorgestrel to make the uterine lining thin.
- Dilation and Curettage: The doctor will dilate or open up your cervix in this procedure to suction away tissue from the uterine lining. One may need additional sessions if the condition recurs.
- Focused Ultrasound Ablation: This procedure aims at treating the excessive bleeding by shrinking the fibroids that may be causing the same. This is also similar to a procedure known as uterine artery embolisation which blocks the uterine arteries in order to shrink these fibroids.
- Myomectomy: In this procedure, the doctor will surgically extract those fibroids which are causing the excessive bleeding during menstrual cycles. The procedure is conducted either through laparoscopy or incisions in the vagina and cervix, depending on the size, location and number of fibroids.
- Endometrial Ablation: Using this procedure, the doctor will permanently do away with the lining of the uterus, which is also known as the endometrium. This will be done by inserting an electrosurgical wire loop to remove the lining. Pregnancy is usually not recommended after this surgery.
- Hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure that is recommended for very severe cases. In this procedure, the doctor will surgically remove the uterus as well as the cervix. This is a permanent procedure that will put an end to the menstrual periods altogether. The procedure will be conducted by administering anaesthesia first, and will require hospitalisation as well. The doctor may also remove the ovaries of the patient with this procedure for premature menopause.
I am trying to conceive since last one year, my gynae suggested me to take HSG, but c z out of town now. Can anyone on board let me explain my report. It's saying the internal os is narrow, fallopian tubes appear mildly dilated proximal to their fimbria end, s/o Hydrosalpinx. What does that mean? Am I unable to conceive becoz of this? If it is a problem, is it curable?
Hello Dr. I am having unprotected sex from 3-4 moths with my wife planning for baby. But she is not getting pregnant. Please suggest.
When the growth of the yeast living in the vagina increases on an abnormal basis, it may lead to a yeast infection. Yeast is a fungus and this infection is usually caused by a kind of yeast that is called Candida Albicans.
So read on to find out everything there is to know about yeast infection!
- Causes: As discussed above, this infection may be caused due to the growth of a particular type of virus. The other reasons include any phenomenon that leads to a change in the balance of the microorganisms living in this area. This can occur due to the intake of antibiotics, as well as high estrogen levels due to hormone therapy treatment or even pregnancy. The use of birth control pills during menstrual cycles can also trigger this infection. Also, other ailments in the patient's body, like diabetes and HIV infection can be the cause behind the same.
- Symptoms: Most of the time, one will experience the symptoms of this infection in the week leading up to the monthly menstrual cycle. Redness, a sore pain, itchiness and a thick white discharge are the most common symptoms of this condition. Also, skin irritation and pain during urination can occur for more severe cases.
- Treatment: Usually, it has been seen that this infection clears up on its own once the menstrual cycle starts. This happens because the blood that is discharged during the period can help in restoring the pH balance of the vagina which takes care of yeast growth. It can be recurrent or a one time infection. Boric acid capsules are the best way to treat this condition. If the infection has occurred during pregnancy, you must see a doctor about treatment before taking any medication or home remedies on your own.
- Home Remedies: Avoiding sexual intercourse or using a lubricant can help in alleviating the pain that one feels in such cases. Also, you can swap your tampons for pads during the infection and the treatment. Further, sitting in a tub of warm water can help in soothing the area. Remember to keep the area dry and clean at all times.
- Prevention: Prevention includes eating a balanced diet that will supply all the necessary nutrients to your body. Dairy products like yogurt and milk will help in preventing this kind of infection as well as plenty of fruits. Also, avoid using too many antibiotics or eating too much sugar.
Yeast infection should be treated with home remedies only when you are not pregnant. Also, you must be aware of any other ailments like diabetes before self prescribing any medicine or treatment.