Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Suman KumariYour feedback matters!
One appliance that has emerged as a lifesaver in the kitchen is the microwave. This product has transformed the way we cook and have our food.
However, we fail to think about the health benefits of the food that has been microwaved!
Here are five reasons why you should NOT microwave your food!
1. Nonionising radiation: Most of us primarily use the microwave to heat up food and to defrost frozen and packaged food. The microwave carries out these processes by releasing a series of heat waves also known as nonionising radiation, which alters the very composition of your food, making it harmful or less than ideal for your system.
2. High temperatures within a short span of time: When we use the microwave to heat up or defrost or even cook something in a few seconds or minutes, the device emanates an unusually high temperature within that short span of time. The result is that the food experiences a great deal of nutrient loss.
3. Consuming a toxic meal: When you heat a pre pre-packaged meal or meat and frozen vegetables in the microwave, it mixes with the toxins released by the plastic packaging thanks to the heat waves within the microwave. This can cause harmful effects on your health in the long run, including cardiac disease and abnormal hormonal conditions.
4. Damage to the Nervous System: Food processed in the microwave can lead to a process called 'shorting out' which alters the electrical impulses in your nervous system and brain. This damage is usually permanent.
5. Cancerous cell growth: Using the microwave to process your food can lead not only to a loss of nourishment but also to an increase in cancer causing substances in food. When ingested, this food can prove to be dangerous.
I have problems with my monthly periods, I feel scared that due to non regular of periods in future I can't be pregnant.
Not all fats are bad for you. Dietary fat is the important key to have good health. All you need to do is eat the right amount.
How Fat Functions:
Fat is a macronutrient that provides calories and energy to the body. Primary function is that it's an energy reserve stored in adipose tissues. If you work out, your body first uses carbohydrates and then fat.
Good Dietary fat can be obtained from butter, ghee and oils. Other sources are unprocessed nuts and seeds, for example, almonds, pistachios and walnuts. Other amazing natural sources of fat are olives, avocados and coconuts.
Essence of Dietary Fat:
- Fats are an excellent source of energy.
- Fats containing coconut oil help in weight loss. Good fats can increase the process of fat burning and reduce unhealthy cravings, preventing unhealthy fat storage.
- If you are underweight, good fats are helpful to gain weight.
- Fats maintain the body temperature.
- Fats save your excess protein that may be used as fuel.
- Fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A, D, E and K) are absorbed in the body with the help of healthy fats.
Remember that Vitamin A is very important for vision:
- Interestingly, fats are considered as lubricant, preventing dryness and dehydration.
- Healthy fats protect the body from experiencing inflammation, improving immunity.
- Cell membranes as well as hormones need healthy fats. Fat is required for the overall metabolism of insulin, regulating healthy blood sugar levels.
- Caprylic acid in fat acts as antiviral substance, while lauric acid has anti-bacterial effects.
- If you want to lower your cholesterol level, opt for foods with palmitic and stearic acid.
- Butyric acid may help in the reduction of risk of cancer.
- Certain fats such as ghee or castor oil give lubrication to the colon. This supports digestion and the elimination process.
- Oils have a property to act as a carrier of medicine and also carry herbs effectively to the preferred organ or any tissue.
- Pregnant women should have fats as these are a brilliant source of food helping in the development of the child's brain.
- Healthy fats indorse stamina and elasticity. This act interestingly for those who work out or even for those who work for long shifts in their jobs demanding physical work.
- Good fats boost cognition, memory as well as happiness. These help in the improvement of mental functions and your learning abilities.
Therefore, a balanced amount of fat is equally important for your body as that of other elements. Hence, eat right and stay healthy.