Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suman Kumari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suman KumariYour feedback matters!
A healthy child is a happy child. And for this very reason, it is vital to provide the right nutrition to boost their immunity that would help fend off infections and illness so that they have a happy childhood as well as a productive adulthood bolstered by a good immune system. Achieving this goal could be simplified by incorporating these following foods in your family’s diet.
- Citrus fruits: There is a host of citrus fruits available. From oranges to grapefruits to sweet lime to guava; citrus fruits help in the development of a strong and robust immune system. They are a rich source of Vitamin C, and hence they can combat the free radicals in a child’s body. These fruits will help your child to stay healthy instead of falling prey to diseases regularly.
- Apple: Apple is one of the most commendable fruits that aids in developing a child’s immunity, hence the age-old phrase, "an apple a day, keeps the doctor away.” This is because of the anti-inflammatory properties of apple that can fend off bacteria and free radicals. Moreover, apple leaves can cure a cough and cold while clearing off phlegm.
- Spelt: Spelt protects the blood vessels and a child who regularly consumes it is less likely to suffer from blood pressure and blood sugar problems later on in life. This is because of the niacin content in spelt which can reduce both lipoprotein and cholesterol. It can also prevent free radicals from abusing the tender blood vessels. Spelt also contains copious amounts of phytonutrients known as polyphenols that can shield your child from hormone-dependent and breast cancers.
- Eggs: If your child regularly suffers from asthma and coughing issues, then you should talk to a pediatrician for his suggestion regarding the safety of egg consumption for your child. Eggs are rich in all the vital nutrients that can help your child to fight back repetitive issues such as a cough and asthma. Moreover, the high protein content aids in boosting the overall immunity of the child.
- Spinach: Spinach is known for its iron and Vitamin C content, and it is one of the best choices for the immunity of the child. It also contains enough Vitamin A and thus, it helps in retaining the nutrients well.
- Almond: Almonds are superfoods for the immunity of your child. In case your child is not able to chew almonds, you can give him or her almond milk. It triggers the growth of muscles at the early stages of life. Since your child is susceptible to injury from fall and tumble, almond is the best way to protect him.
So, eat your way to healthy living by incorporating the right diet coupled with an overall healthy lifestyle. Good nutritious diet is important to keep good health and fight infections.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am chaithra 21 year old I had my periods on 23rd October, 13th November ,29th November and 15th December so I want to know the reason y its happening so? Kindly let me know the reason Thank you.
I had unprotected sex for nearly 3 4 times what are the chances of getting pregnant? Should I take anti birth pills? please answer.
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.