Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suman KohliYour feedback matters!
She had sex last week with her colleague. and he had used protection as well as ipill for added security. She didn't have her periods yet. Is this something to worry about?
Hard facial hair on chin and neck (beard area). Acne is lesser than before but leaving behind open pores. I also suffer from irregular/ late periods cycle.
The world is getting busier with every passing day. All are running constantly from playing one role to the other, switching from one task to another. It seems like the messages or the phone calls cannot wait even for like 5 minutes. Do we feel a sense of done at the end of the day? Nah!! We always go to sleep with what to prioritize for next day and the routine continues. Holidays or vacations are no exception either, with our mobiles and devices constantly reminding us of what we should do.
However, of late, there has been a lot of emphasis on the need to relax and recharge the mind and the body. While the body is easier to manage, the mind is a more challenging issue as it is constantly ticking.
Here are some ways to help you relax, suggest you go completely blank in your mind and not do anything during this period.
- Exercise: Whether it is a vigorous workout at the gym, aerobic dancing, or lying in the pool, take a pick. While it may sound like a tiresome errand, most of these heavy workouts relax and recharge very effectively. The energy level post a good workout is to be experienced to be believed.
- Simply sit and meditate: May sound silly, but it is equally difficult to do too. Try to sit quiet with closed eyes without any movement, physical or mental, for about 5 minutes and experience the peace for yourself. When you open your eyes, you will feel rejuvenated.
- Square breathing: Like a square with 4 equal sides, this has 4 equal steps. Inhaling for x seconds, holding it for x seconds, exhaling for x seconds, and waiting out for the next x seconds. 4 or 5 is a good count to start with, but if there are health concerns, then even 2 or 3 should help relax and recharge.
- Music: Music is said to be one of the best soothing agents, create a playlist of your favorite genres and list of music. Be it instrumental or vocal, rap or reggae, classical or pop, take your pick and get lost in it completely. If you are game, even learning music can be very relaxing.
- Read a book: Another very popular technique is to take a book and get lost completely in the story and its characters. Again, pick something that you would enjoy and see you relaxed and recharged.
Each of these requires some time, the most common question is when do I do this? Tell yourself, you don't get time, you need to make time. Once you see the benefits of recharging your brain, you will make time for it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
The surgical procedure that is used for uterus removal of a female patient is known as a hysterectomy. From uterine fibroids to cancer in the uterus, there may be a variety of reasons for carrying out this procedure. Here is everything you need to know about the procedure and recovery.
Causes: There are a number of reasons for which one may have to undergo a hysterectomy. If uterine fibroids and other kinds of growth are causing severe pelvic pain and bleeding, then it may be required. This also applied to particularly painful endometriosis. Abnormal vaginal bleeding as well as severe and chronic pelvic pain, are enough of reasons by themselves for going in for this kind of surgery to remove the uterus. Also, when the uterus slides away from its normal position and slips into the vaginal canal, this signifies a condition known as Uterine Prolapse, which will also require treatment in the form of a hysterectomy. Andenomyosis is another reason why this surgery may be required, as this condition results in the thickening of the organ. Finally, if the patient is suffering from cervical or ovarian cancer, then the doctor may recommend this surgery to remove the uterus in case the tumour found has been tested as malignant.
Technique: There are various techniques that may be followed in the course of this surgery, depending on the location, the size and the severity of the condition and the growth that is associated with it.
- Open Surgery Hysterectomy: This involves an incision of six to seven inches, in the belly of the patient so as to act on the abdominal region. After recovery, there will be a visible scar on the stomach of the patient.
- MIP Hysterectomy: The various approaches for this technique include vaginal hysterectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, and robot assisted laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Risks: While this is mostly known as a low risk procedure, there may be various risks after the surgery including urinary incontinence, vaginal prolapse, formation of fistula where an abnormal link may form between the bladder and the vagina and finally, persistent pain. Infection, haemorrhage and blood clots may also happen in extreme cases.
Recovery: The female patient will automatically start menopause once this uterus removal procedure has been carried out. Usually, the doctor will ask you to refrain from lifting heavy weights for a few weeks after the surgery and also, to abstain from sex for a while. Most female patients reported complete cure of the problem following this surgery. Also, it is not common to find too many side effects after the surgery.
- Walking after a month.
- Simple streching exercises after a month.
- Plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet.
- Water intake around 6 to 7 glasses.
- Calcium supplements. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am taking fol 123 from last week. My query is meanwhile I am taking this medicine, I shall try for conceive or I shall try only after 3 months? Kindly let me know. Thanks in advance.
It is regards to my wife she has pcos and did not have periods till know it is almost 1 month can I get some suggestion which tablets can my wife take to have periods or injections.
Hi. I am a female aged 27 years and married. I am having pain on the sides of my breasts. Please suggest what needs to be done and why its happening.
My hcg test on 15th day of et in ivf shows 448.60 mlUI/UI and my doctor its too good report But I am in a dout that is it ok or not. Is it shows that I am surely present with good hcg. please suggest me diet acc.
My wife suffering from infertility since 4 years she has thyroid and pcod. Please tell us how she will get pregnant ?
Gud mrng sir/madam Last year (2016) august my girlfriend got pregnancy, I was tested in pregatest it was confirmed then after she used medicine to remove pregnancy for that she was felt severe pain and finally after one week she was in normal condition and finally every month she usually got periods. But what my question is there any problem if she was again got pregnancy and using that medicines. Please give me suggestion.
My last period date is 9/11/2016 .and end on 14/11/2016. And I had done sex on 19/11/2016. And take I pill in 3 hour after sex. And now its 28/nov/2015 and periods still not come? What happen is that?
I Am 29 years old 5.2 height 70 kg weight I have problem of irregular period 20_30 days gap from actual date I want a baby but not proper formation of period Please suggest I want homeopathy solution Thanks.
Pichhle Feb me medicine lane k lye Feb me period nhi Hui Next month March me 2 bar period hua 1) 2 nd March 2) 28th March So sir / mam, Next ovulation date kab hogi?
I want to know after 35 years for females fertile eggs in ovaries will gradually become less and chances of pregnancy is completely less. Is it true?
I am married , after intimation my vagina became black , how can I cure of it , please suggest the solution.
Since around 5 years I lost my sexual intention almost completely. I am facing erectile dysfunction. Some times I do sex by condom but I do not feel comfortable. I am married. I want to do sex with my wife without condom. Also my wife does not like condoms. We are not planning any kids for next 2 yrs. Please let me know what is the best way to do sex without condom withoutany side effect and without having kids?
I am 29 year old women and suffering pain in right side boob since last one month. I have verified by three doctors but no solution after getting pills it temporary relief but after some time it started again. Give me permanent solution.
Doctor my menstrual cycle ended on 7th march. I had sex on 11th march. On next day I had unwanted 72. On 16thmarch-21 march I had medium blood flow. Doctor I wanted to ask you when should I go for pregnancy test?
Which foods may help me in conceiving baby boy. When should we have sex for conceiving baby boy. What are the positions.
Instead of getting package investigations done at labs which advertise for them, where each package will only contain a fraction of investigations you'll be actually needing, visit your doctor, get a thorough check up from them and then do the investigations they have advised!