Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sulekha JoshiYour feedback matters!
I had first day of my period on 23rd april 2017. I did an unprotected sex with my bf on 4th may 2017 morning. So my question is whether could I get pregnancy .If I get pregnancy then could I get remedies other than pills and all (house hold remedies) I should not get pregnancy. Reply as soon as possible please .i will be waiting for your answer .hoping that I will not get pregnancy.
Homeopathy has a number of uses. It is a popular form of medication since it has negligible side effects. Homeopathy can even be used to help reduce weight and maintain a healthy BMI or body mass index. However, do not expect a miracle. Homeopathic medicines act slowly and it can be quite a while before you notice physical changes.
As with any homeopathic medicine, no one cure fits all. When prescribing homeopathic medication for weight loss, a doctor will need to understand your detailed medical history, lifestyle and overall constitution. Homeopathic medication to lose weight works by stimulating metabolism. Thus, in order for the medication to be effective, it needs to be accompanied by regular exercise and a controlled diet.
- Calcarea carbonica: This is prescribed in cases where weight gain is due to thyroid problems and when fatty tissue is accumulated in the abdomen. They also have a slow metabolism and often suffer from constipation. It can also be prescribed to women suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease to trigger weight loss.
- Natrum mur: Patients who have been prescribed natrum mur for weight loss have usually put on weight due to chronic stress and depression. Their weight is often concentrated on the thighs and buttocks. They also often suffer from anemia.Natrum Mur can also be prescribed in combination with Ignatia when weight gain is triggered by depression.
- Lycopodium; This is used mainly in cases where excess fat deposits are concentrated on the thighs and buttocks. These people often suffer from indigestion with common complaints of flatulence and constipation. They are also very irritable and prone to overeating.Lycopodium and calcarea carb are often prescribed together to trigger weight loss in patients suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Nux vomica; A sedentary lifestyle is one of the most common causes for obesity and excessive weight. In such cases, nux vomica is an effective form of treatment. People who can be benefitted by nux vomica often also suffer from constipation and intolerance to cold drafts.Nux Vomica can also be prescribed in combination with Alumina.
- Antimonium crudum: This is usually prescribed to obese children who have a tendency to overeat. These children also often suffer from indigestion alternating between diarrhea and constipation.
- Graphites and Sepia: This is usually prescribed to women who may have put on excess weight due to menopause. They can be used on their own or in combination depending on the personality of the woman and the symptoms showcased.
I have done unprotected sex during the 4th day of period. And the vry nxt day I took an ipill. And after 2 days I agn got p.so can I get pregnant? And when should I get p on the nxt month? If I do not get periods next month, then is there any chance to get pregnant?
I have my periods very regular within 26 or 28 days my last period data was 28/06/2016 butehen I check pregnancy strip at home on 31/07/2016 but it was negative .and I was also on high protein diet with zero carb .but what may be reason for no periods yet.
After every hour, take mini-breaks from your work desk and do some stretches to loosen your shoulder and neck muscles and shift position.
Hi my periods are delayed 10 days, having pain in breast and its heavy have backacke and abdoman is heavy. What should I take to start my period and with these signs are there chances of pregnancy ?
I am 25 year female and getting inflammation in vagina once I reduce intake of water on hourly basis. As ramzan month has started so we have to fast during the day, so by mid day my inflammation starts as I cannot drink water at fasting. Can you suggest any solution to my problem or things which I can do while starting the fast to avoid infammation in vagina.
I had sex with my boyfriend on May 13 & May 18 of this month and we have used protection. My date was due on May 20 but it hasn't came till yet. What should I do? Please suggest asap.
Hello doctor. I am consult that is there any way that I can bring my hormones in balance without any medications. In year 2015 I went to an endocrinologist. He gave me test of pcod .But they were negative. Medicines he prescribed were nt taken by me promptly. Now recently you visited dermatologist for my hair loss problem. So he suggested me for sonography. But there also I couldn't find .It was all normal. I frequently feel mood swings. Stress's problems. Anxiety issues nd frequent weight gain. I want a way so that I can bring these issues under control without any sort of medications. Plzz help My menses are regular. Only it was last month when they were delayed by 15 days. I also have facial hair growth Plzz give me way or exercise or anything which could help. Me out with my anxiety nd stress nd other problems.
I am in 5th month of pregnancy and my pulse rate is 160. Is it normal? my heart condition (heart ultrasonography) is fine, blood pressure and blood sugar are also normal.
Deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body. Most deep vein clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. If the vein swells, the condition is called thrombophlebitis. A deep vein thrombosis can break loose and cause a serious problem in the lung, called a pulmonary embolism.
Sitting still for a long time can make you more likely to get a DVT. Some medicines and disorders that increase your risk for blood clots can also lead to DVTs. Common symptoms are
- Warmth and tenderness over the vein
- Pain or swelling in the part of the body affected
- Skin redness
Treatment includes medicines to ease pain and inflammation, break up clots and keep new clots from forming. Keeping the affected area raised and applying moist heat can also help. If you are taking a long car or plane trip, take a break, walk or stretch your legs and drink plenty of liquids.
Hi Doctor, I am 2.5 months pregnant, I love coffee, got to know it's not good. I miss coffee every morning and Unable to drink plain milk as I feel like vomiting, what is the other drink which I can start my day with. I can't drink anything which is of the colour of milk. Please advice. People say boost, Bournvita also contains caffeine, so avoiding it. Please advice. I am from India. Thanks!
I have 26 years old. I observed light pink spotting at 16th day of my periods cycle. I never experienced like that. I got periods at 29th day. Last month my cycle was 26 days. Now 29 days. It last for 3days just like normal period. I have severe cramps during my period. But now I have backache, leg pains, gas pain, nausea, indigestion, frequent urination, heat body and every day different symptoms. I have kidney stones also. Is these symptoms are released to stone or any other?
Hello doctor I am suffering from pcod from a long time. I am gaining weight day by day. I am having hard hair growth on my face. I tried almost everything for hair removal but no use. Please suggest something for getting rid of this problem.
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.