Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sukla DasYour feedback matters!
When should we go for ns1 test, at which stage of dengue. Now the platelets are 1.81. Do the platelets go down because of typhoid also? Please help.
Hlw sir. I am 19years old and I was suffering from piles. But its been a year I have done operation of piles. Now I am not suffering from any problems. So please tell me what types of exercises I can do and what cannot do so that it will be safe for me. And also tell me is it possible that the piles will reoccurence?
I am 25 year old male. I have headache since last 2 days. Its worse in night time with sweating. And I feel cold also.
Hi doctor, I am having swelling on my face every morning when I get up and it reduces as the day passes. I have got the thyroid test done but its negative. What can be the other reasons? please help.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am heaving a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies but not work what to do? Please help me.
I am 28 years old. I underwent Tongue tie release surgery 3 days ago. It has not recovered yet. I still have pain when I move my tongue. Pain is at the place where the surgery was performed (lower art of tongue). How long does it take to recover fully? I am also getting mild fever because of pain I guess. Please suggest.
I am 24 year boy preparing for competitive exam. I smoke too much and masturbate excessively (1-2 times/days) I can not remember anything concept for long time. Now a days I loose focus on study and my exams are in may I am really very tense help me out please.
I am suffering from cold a long long time. When I take drugs it gives me relieve but after that I suffering from cold once again. Please tell me why and how I shall get relieve from it?
Hello doctor's. I am 29 years old married and my husband 46 years old. I want to know how can we increase sexual intercourse time?
I am having problem in my pennis, whenever I am trying to masturbate. Is it something wrong? Is it a disadvantage of daily masturbation? Pls help me.
Sir I have done a lipid profile test and my triglycerides level and vldl is high. Triglycerides is 184mg/dl and vldl is 36.8 mg/dl. Is it worrisome? What should I do. please advice on it. Rest of the report are at normals levels.
Sir, I sweat a lot from all over body. Mainly from face which is really embracing in party. Is there any medicine or lotion that can stop sweating instantly.
My age is 27 sugar fasting 115 Pp 136 doctor told me to take melmet 500 mg tablet for two months can I stop the tablet after two months pls advice.
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision? Or.
My marriage was on Oct 2014.3 months of marriage my wife was pregnant. After 8 weeks miscarriage. It happen 3 times miscarriage till this year of April. We are so much worried .I do tests of torch of my wife .even we both do tests of our both blood test. Everytest is positive tests .there is no problem in tests. We r worried then again it could be happen? Please suggest what we do .please please. Thanks.
I have acidity problem since feb 2017, I had upper GI endoscopy as advised by my physician (gastro), findings are Les Lax and I am taking Veloz L and Actapro 100 from last 2 months after findings and the problem of acidity no more but when I stopped the medicines again I am facing the same problems. Kindly suggest.
Dear Doctor I have femur of neck fracture done surgery. Now 3 months completed. May I know how long to recovery .and am a medical representative. There is any problems in future. Now am using stick while walking. I have experienced some pain in hip. Please help me.
Im 23 male. Suffering from headache everyday only in day times. When concentrating on anything it is getting worse. What is the reason.
List of 10 foods high in uric acid to avoid
1. Red meat: Red meat is one of the certain foods that deliver more uric acid than other foods in your diet. However, poultry and white meats, like pork are also high in the uric acid, so it is best to keep your intake of meats and wild meat to an overall minimum. If you’ve high uric acid levels or gout, you should avoid these meats or at least limit to 4 – 6 ounces per day. Instead, you can maintain a steady mix of fruits and vegetables to go with your meals and snacks.
2. Organ meats: Like white and red meat, organ meats also deliver a high amount of the uric acid. Though you can enjoy having onions or livers for dinner, it is best to cut down on this meal as well as other foods which include organ meats such as sweetbreads, tongue, tripe, and pate.
3. Seafood and fish: If you are a seafood lover, you will be really disappointed to know that seafood and fish are off limits during gout flare-ups because they are other main sources of the uric acid (purines) in your diet. Besides, herring, anchovies, tuna, sardines and other oily fishes should also cut back on your dinner table because they not only aggravate gout symptoms but also trigger one. However, when your gout can be under control, it’s ok to indulge in scallops, shrimp, lobster, crab salmon, or eel. You need to be sure that you do not eat more than 4 to 6 ounces per day of whatever kind of seafood and fish you choose to eat.
4. Beer and alcohol: In fact, beer is twice as bad for people with gout than seafood and meats. That is because it will raise the production of the uric acid levels in the body and make the body more difficult to remove the excess uric acid. Although alcohol does not have much harm compared with beer, it can still raise uric acid levels. Hence, most doctors always recommend avoiding all beer and alcohol if you suffer from gout.
5. Drinks high in sugar: You should not reach for both soda and fruit juice with fruit sugar. These drinks deliver high fructose corn syrup that will stimulate the production of uric acid. According to studies, women and men who consume a lot of fructose and take many drinks with fructose corn syrup will get a higher risk of having gout. Instead of sugary beverages, you can stick with water, coffee, tea or pure, fresh-squeezed juice.
6. Asparagus and spinach: In fact, animal products aren't the only foods which are high in uric acid.
Certain vegetables such as asparagus and spinach can also trigger a gout flare-up. However, they do not seem to cause much harm compared with animal-based foods. Uric acid from vegetables is also excreted from your body more easily than uric acid that comes from seafood and meats.
7. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a bland vegetable and is rich in the uric acid. However, vegetables can help your body get rid of the uric acid and purines, so you need not cut them out of the diet completely. Besides, they also have nutrients that can reduce insulin resistance that plays an important role in controlling the gout flare-ups.
8. Beans, peas, and other legumes: Beans, peas, and other legumes also have good sources of uric acid, which can make them become poor food sources for people who have gout. According to world’s healthiest foods, peas have a moderately high amount of uric acid, which is 5 – 100 milligrams of uric acid per 3.5-ounce serving. However, when peas, spinach, and asparagus are eaten in raw form, they will cause less damage than in cooked form, as long as you consume a small portion.
9. Mushrooms: If you’re thinking of eating mushrooms as a replacement source for meat, you should think of something else. Actually, like legumes, mushrooms are considered to contain a moderately high amount of uric acid.
10. Oats: Though there has been some discussion about the exact amount of uric acid that oats contain, oatmeal and other foods which contain oats deliver a moderate amount of the uric acid. Most doctors recommend that those who suffer from gout should limit their consumption of oatmeal as well as other oat-based foods.
Although this list can seem discouraging if you suffer from gout, many of these above foods can still be consumed, provided, as long as you only take the small portions and only have them when you aren't having a gout flare-up. Besides, other foods such as coffee, tea, citrus fruits, foods rich in complex carbohydrates, and foods rich in dairy can really prevent gout flare-ups and therefore, are recommended for those who have gout.
If you want to know more about super foods or other vitamins and minerals go to our main super foods page. After reading the article of top ten foods high in uric acid, hope that it can help you identify uric acid-rich foods to avoid eating them for your good health. If you have any question, or you know other foods high in uric acid, please leave them below.