Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sukhvinder Singh Sangu
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sukhvinder Singh SanguYour feedback matters!
As you grow old, you start noticing certain not so plesasant things about your face. You skin sags; you have wrinkles around your eyes and laughter lines appear even when you are not laughing; and (gasp!) a double chin. Most people associate double chin with obesity, or with genetic predispositions. But in reality, you can be slim and still develop a double chin as you grow older. Skin loses collagen as you grow older, and collagen is the element in your skin which keeps your skin tight and firm when you are young. Loss of collagen leads to skin sagging and the occurrence of a double chin. Thankfully, there are many methods to counter the appearance of double chin.
Mesotherapy involves injecting certain solutions in your body to breaks down unwanted fats. The injections will be directly applied to your chin.
- Procedure: During a single session, the solution is injected directly into the connective tissues and fat layers. The procedure is painless, though some patients request for anaesthetic creams. The solution injected results in a reaction with the fat cells, which causes them to harden. The hardened fat cells are later excreted by the body.
- Aftercare: You will see differences within 2-3 weeks. After that regular check-ups may be required to monitor your hormone levels and overall health.
- Side effects: There are no serious side effects save some pain, swelling and bruising which goes away on its own.
Radio frequency treatment
Radio frequency is a non-invasive method of reducing double chin. Radio frequency is a treatment that uses electromagnetic energy to tighten skin.
- Procedure: The skin around your neck and chin will be slathered in a glycerine-based gel. After that a contraption will be used to tighten the skin. The reasoning behind is that the waves emitted will smoothen down any obstacles that comes its way. You may need 6 sessions for optimum results.
- Aftercare: There is no special aftercare required.
- Side effects: Redness is an obvious side effect, but it will reduce in a few days. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!