Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujata Sharma
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata SharmaYour feedback matters!
Stress management encompasses techniques intended to equip a person with effective coping mechanisms for dealing with psychological stress.
Definition of stress: Stress management defines stress precisely as a person's physiological response to an external stimulus that triggers the "fight-or-flight" reaction.
Causes of stress: Many things can trigger the stress reaction, including danger, threat, news, illness, as well as significant changes in one's life such as the death of a loved one.
Techniques of stress management include:
- Self-understanding (e.g. self-identification as a Type A or as a Type B personality)
- Self-management (e.g. becoming better-organized)
- Conflict resolution
- Adopting a more positive attitude
- Breathing exercises
- Altering your diet
- Taking more regular and effective rest
Time Management Techniques
Some techniques of time management may help a person to control stress. For example:
- Becoming more organized and reducing the generation of clutter
- Setting priorities can help reduce anxiety
- Using a "to-do" list of tasks that a person needs to complete can give a person a sense of control and accomplishment
Effective stress management involves learning to set limits and to say "No" to some demands that others make.
Manage and Reduce your Stress
If you are one of the many people who want to alleviate your stress, you can learn some simple techniques to help you get out of the vicious cycle of leading a stressful life. Your stressful life does not just affect you, but everyone around you. It affects your relationships as well as any children or co-workers. Most of all, it can actually make you physically ill.
There are many facets to stress. Stress manifests itself in many different ways and can be either self-induced or something that occurs in life. We can never eliminate stress from our lives as stressful situations are part of life. However, we can learn to react to stress in a positive manner and take control of the situation rather than allowing the stress to remain in control. This book will teach you different tips as well as old secrets on how to identify the stressors in your life as well as learn to manage them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I feel lonely and sometimes very depressed I am very unhappy mood every day I have no problem but I b live that. I have a problem.
I am 25 years working lady. Sometimes I feels depression for my mother. She is 59 years old and housewife. She always fighting with me tiny matters. And describes relatives that I am bad character girl and thats happen only for me and I tortured her. She also done this behaviors my father and brother but doing extreme with me. What I do? How escaped from this situation.
I met an accident and have a grade-ii contusion of posterior horn of medical meniscus. I am following the diet & exercises. Due to pain I am not able to sleep well. I am feeling depressed a lot these days. I feel alone. I am getting angry very quickly. I am not able to concentrate well on anything. I am feeling a lot nervous, when people around my hands shake even while holding a glass of water which doesn't happen when at home. My age is 28 and I rarely used to drink, 10 times in my whole life. Even at office, I get lost in thoughts and my work rate is slow. I am loosing my confidence. How to get over this?
I am 28 old marriage female and I am quick out in 5 min bed so my husband is angry so please suggestion?
Sir I am a student and I want to concentrate on study but I deviate spme where else so you please give me suggestion.
Hi I don't feel happy anymore. My life feels like an dead end. My personality my persona has completely changed. I loved my old me I want her back again. My husband broke my trust. He says he has not seen such a girl like me who is good looking hot good home maker best mum good cook creative independent still family bounded. But he still loves his ex girl friend and I feel so unwanted, I feel like invisible. I dnt want to wake up ever I feel useless, I m so deprived of love that I feel I sud quote this marriage but I m not so economically independent to take care of my two little daughters. I feel stuck in my life. My parents too are not well off enough to help me economically. We are staying in lagos, nigeria and here medical is very bad. I dnt know any one who can help me.
The world is getting busier with every passing day. All are running constantly from playing one role to the other, switching from one task to another. It seems like the messages or the phone calls cannot wait even for like 5 minutes. Do we feel a sense of done at the end of the day? Nah!! We always go to sleep with what to prioritize for next day and the routine continues. Holidays or vacations are no exception either, with our mobiles and devices constantly reminding us of what we should do.
However, of late, there has been a lot of emphasis on the need to relax and recharge the mind and the body. While the body is easier to manage, the mind is a more challenging issue as it is constantly ticking.
Here are some ways to help you relax, suggest you go completely blank in your mind and not do anything during this period.
- Exercise: Whether it is a vigorous workout at the gym, aerobic dancing, or lying in the pool, take a pick. While it may sound like a tiresome errand, most of these heavy workouts relax and recharge very effectively. The energy level post a good workout is to be experienced to be believed.
- Simply sit and meditate: May sound silly, but it is equally difficult to do too. Try to sit quiet with closed eyes without any movement, physical or mental, for about 5 minutes and experience the peace for yourself. When you open your eyes, you will feel rejuvenated.
- Square breathing: Like a square with 4 equal sides, this has 4 equal steps. Inhaling for x seconds, holding it for x seconds, exhaling for x seconds, and waiting out for the next x seconds. 4 or 5 is a good count to start with, but if there are health concerns, then even 2 or 3 should help relax and recharge.
- Music: Music is said to be one of the best soothing agents, create a playlist of your favorite genres and list of music. Be it instrumental or vocal, rap or reggae, classical or pop, take your pick and get lost in it completely. If you are game, even learning music can be very relaxing.
- Read a book: Another very popular technique is to take a book and get lost completely in the story and its characters. Again, pick something that you would enjoy and see you relaxed and recharged.
Each of these requires some time, the most common question is when do I do this? Tell yourself, you don't get time, you need to make time. Once you see the benefits of recharging your brain, you will make time for it.