Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata SethYour feedback matters!
i had loss hearing since 2yrs ago. doctors told me that my ears sensoneural nerve was damaged and there is no chance to get back. is it possible to hear again? please.. help me
My brother 29 having minor loss of hearing. He can hear voices but cannot distinguish doctor telling nerve problem. Can it be improved with medicine or any other means.
I usually listen loud music in my earphones during gym. One evening while at home I suddenly heard a constant buzzing/beeping noise in my right ear and do not hear clearly as before. It also feels as if air is trapped inside. Its been two weeks and it still have not passed. Can you please advise. Thanks.
Sir ; good morning here I want to ask a question that my daughter is 98% deaf and dum so I want to know whether we have. Treatment for that so that she can hear and talk.
My ear discharges some foul smelling yellow-coloured puss everyday. What could be the reason? Please suggest some medicines or precautions and help me.
Gd eve sir/madam. My friend can't hear low volume sounds even from beside person, He consulted a doctor in Apollo. They suggested him for an operation, but the problem is, they said that if operation is success then no problem, But if it gets failed, then he can't listen even very loud sound from beside person too. The use of deff machine is also not useful. Then what is the solution for his problem. He is a great civil engineering. He works in one of the top 10 civil construction companies in india. Please help him, by solving his problem.
Running nose with clear mucus from 2 month.Shown many ent specialist but no effect and also have hearing prob and facial pain and headache.please help
I am student working on hearing aid system. I want to know the frequency ranges of sound required for a person having mild (or) moderate hairloss (deaf)
I am addicted to masturbation. I do it daily. Is there any way to get rid of that. I am loosing my weight. How to overcome this problem.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.