Lybrate.com has top trusted Rheumatologists from across India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata SawhneyYour feedback matters!
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am 48 years old man I had mat an accident and get left knee ligament reptured with grade third. Is sergery needed compulsory. Any complications with surgery?
I am a 63 years male - 2 months back I fell down in my work place. Right knee touched the ground. - effect- bearable pain foe few days. Then bottom bone top pain is continuous used calcium supplements tablets pray for advice for pain relief.
Suffering from insomnia. My age is 23. Please help me. It affecting my physical mental and sexual health.
I have anxiety worry and insomnia problem doctor give me medicine I feel relief but I do note take medicine no relief advice me.
I am suffering from pain in joints along my knee please provide me better precautions therefor I getting free from it.
I'm of age 20, but I'm suffering from serious knees pain. I don't know what's the reason but it pains me a lot while cycling and not at anything, even so if I walk for a distance it doesn't pain me too much but while cycling if I just ride for a short distance it pains me so much. So would you suggest me some remedy for this problem.
My left knee starts paining sometimes when I walk. I'm a dancer ND I fell on my knee once. It started since then. Can you please suggest wht can be done to get rid of the pain.
I am 27 year old girl and have pain under knee and above foot leg when I go to office at morning just walk fast after 5 minutes.
But my dad has got severe pain in the knee nd has difficulty in walking. Is knee transplantation is a better option.
Arthritis due to factors other than aging are mostly preventable if the underlying disorders are correctly managed and kept under control.
However age related arthritis like osteoarthritis is not entirely preventable. Its possible to delay the onset of such arthritis by preventing obesity and with regular exercise and proper dietary habits.