Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata GhatakYour feedback matters!
What causes bad breath?
Food. What you eat affects the air you exhale, like garlic or onions. If you don't brush daily, particles of food can remain in the mouth, collecting bacteria, which can cause bad breath. Dieters may develop unpleasant breath from infrequent eating.
Gum disease. Persistent bad breath or a bad taste in the mouth can also be one of the warning signs of gum disease; which is caused by plaque.
Dry mouth. This occurs when the flow of saliva decreases and can be caused by various medications, salivary gland problems or continuously breathing through the mouth.If you suffer from dry mouth, your dentist may prescribe anartificial saliva, or suggest using sugarless candy or increase your fluid intake.
Smoking and tobacco. In addition to staining teeth and being bad for overall health, tobacco can add to bad breath. Tobacco users are at greater risk for developing oral cancer. If you use tobacco, ask your dentist for tips on kicking the habit.
Medical conditions. Some diseases have symptoms related to bad breath. Sinus or lung infections, bronchitis, diabetes, and some liver or kidney diseases may be associated with bad breath.
If you’re concerned about what’s causing your bad breath, make an appointment to see your dentist. Regular checkups allow your dentist to detect any problems such as gum disease or dry mouth. Bad breath may be the sign of a medical disorder. If your dentist determines that your mouth is healthy, you may be referred to your physician.
Maintaining good oral hygiene, eliminating gum disease and scheduling regular professional cleanings are essential to reducing bad breath. Brush twice a day and clean between your teeth. Clean your tongue, too. If you wear dentures, be sure to remove them at night and clean them thoroughly before replacing them the next morning.
It’s important to note that mouthwash will only mask the odour temporarily. Mouthwashes are generally cosmetic and do not have a long-lasting effect on bad breath. If you must constantly use a breath freshener to hide unpleasant mouth odour, see your dentist.
Do whitening toothpaste whiten teeth more then regular toothpaste. Is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
My wisdom tooth is growing due to which lower jaw part has swelled a bit also its paining inside and I cannot have food properly kindly suggest any medicine.
All that a Mom should know about oral health care to maintain her baby’s set of Pearly Whites:
Right time to begin brushing baby’s teeth – as soon as the 1st tooth erupts.
- After feeding use a damp gauze or cloth gently wipe the mouth of any residue left behind.
- Use either an over finger brush or a soft bristled brush for infants to clean the teeth.
- Initially use a wet toothbrush and slowly move to kid’s toothpaste.
Choosing a toothpaste for kids –
- Now a days fluoridated toothpaste for kids in very small quantity i.e rice grain sized is recommended.
- Watermelon / bubblegum/ strawberry flavours can increase the kid’s interest towards brushing.
Brushing technique –
- Teach your kids to brush using a small circular motion. Brush twice daily. Make it a game or sing a song to encourage brushing.
- Toothbrushes are now available with music or lights or cartoon figures to make brushing more fun.
Tips to maintaine good oral hygiene –
- Apart from brushing it is important to cleanse the mouth in between the meals.
- Do not put infants to sleep with milk formula or juice as sugary liquids cling to teeth and cause decay.
- Avoid pacifiers as they change the shape of the mouth and cause improperly placed teeth.
- After giving medicine or eating sweet like chocolates, ice-cream encourage kids to wash mouth with water and clean with a damp cloth for infants.
- Get fluoride treatment done every 6 months from dentist for prevention of caries.
Milk teeth are very important -
- For maintaining the oral health.
- Also to determine the shape of mouth and alignment of permanent teeth.