Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata DasYour feedback matters!
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder in women, in which the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen, are imbalanced. This imbalance leads to the formation of cysts (benign masses) in the ovaries. PCOS tends to affect your heart functions, fertility, menstrual cycle and appearance.
There are certain symptoms, which can be indicative of PCOS; these symptoms tend to begin as a woman's menstrual cycle starts. In certain cases, however, PCOS may also affect a woman in her mid age. PCOS can also cause excessive hair growth in unwanted places like above the upper lip,chin,arms and chest like a male.
The symptoms are:
- Increase in the production of male hormone, leads to development of male characteristics
- The size of the breasts may reduce
- The tone and the texture of the voice may change and become similar to a man's voice
- Hair may start to fall
- You may suffer from acne and pimple breakouts on your face
- It can lead to sudden weight gain
- It may affect a woman's fertility
- It may lead to pain in the pelvis
Other symptoms: Apart from these symptoms, a woman may also experience other health complications such as high levels of bad cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes.
Causes: The causes of PCOS are not well known, however, the likely causes are genetics and hormonal complications. If someone in the family has PCOS, then the risk of being affected by PCOS rises significantly. The other likely cause is the overproduction of the male hormone androgen in the female body. Although androgen is a male hormone, the female body also produces it in trace amounts. However, in some cases, when it is overproduced, it might impair the ovulation process.
Diagnosis and Treatment: Once the condition is diagnosed, there are certain treatments, which are recommended for the patient. The condition in itself does not have a cure, but the symptoms can only be controlled. Medications to control the androgen levels in the female body may be administered if you have androgen hormone complication. A balanced diet and an exercise regimen can be chalked out to control body weight and regulate blood sugar levels. If PCOS leads to ovulation problems, then medications to facilitate ovulation may be advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
A healthy body is a resource to a healthy mind. If we are not healthy, then we would be unable to perform any activity without help. It is also a known fact that everything is associated with energy. When our body lacks the energy, then the body cannot function at its full potential. So it is important to maintain your health.
But in today’s mechanical life, it has become really difficult to maintain health. Improper food habits, weak immune system, and busy lifestyle, all lead to multiple health problems like stress and other diseases. There are many ways to maintain a good health and can be achieved following some steps.
Follow a good diet
Make healthy habits
Avoid drinking and other habits affecting the body organs
Maintain healthy weight consuming protein enriched food
Avoid overweight that leads to multiple health problems like sugar, blood pressure etc.
Exercise daily to rejuvenate your body muscles and to maintain a healthy body
Limit usage of unwanted tanning creams and sun exposure
Practice safe sex
All the above listed are some measures which should be taken to maintain a healthy and robust health. A healthy body is also associated with a proper metabolism. These will indirectly give you high energy to handle things in life. Always ensure that your diet is loaded with essential nutrients and minerals for an active life. Make sure to have natural and boiled vegetables daily. Along with vegetables, it is highly important to have fruits enriched with proteins and vitamins.
A healthy diet can be maintained in many ways. But it is advisable to consult a doctor for following a proper diet. A healthy body will have a better immune system which protects the body from the attack of different diseases. Having regular exercise is one of the best methods to maintain good health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Do the haemoglobin count becomes less during monthly periods, which leads to weakness even difficulty in breathing (occasionally) ?
Doctor, I am 31 years old married want a surrogate baby, but I am not very rich to afford high amount. Please advice me. Thank you
It is important to have a healthy diet and proper nutrition for women while pregnant in order to keep themselves and their unborn baby healthy. Prenatal nutrition focuses upon the nutrition of the mother before and during pregnancy. It affects the birth weight and development of the infants. The foods that pregnant women need during their pregnancy for themselves and their child’s health are as follows
- They should have oranges and its juice as much as possible. It is rich in Vitamin C and folic acid. It also contains potassium which lowers one’s blood pressure, which might be one of the key concerns during pregnancy. Foods containing folic acid should be taken right before conception and in the early weeks of pregnancy to avoid the birth defects of the baby in its brain and spinal cord. Other sources of folic acid include green leafy vegetables, beans, peanuts, asparagus, peas and other enriched grain products.
- Having yogurt helps pregnant women. It contains protein and more calcium than milk. It also serves to reduce the risk of having yeast infections.
- Broccoli is also a good source of calcium (for healthy bone) and is rich in vitamin C, foliate and Vitamin B6.
- Beans and lentils are rich in iron (for healthy blood) and proteins are highly needed for the health of both the pregnant woman and her off-spring.
- Figs, whether fresh or dried up, contains more fiber than other vegetables along with plenty of potassium, calcium and iron.
- A healthy diet plan for a pregnant for the well-being of both herself and her unborn baby per day is as follows-
- 6 to 11 servings of grains.
- 3 to 5 servings of diet rich in vegetables.
- 2 to 4 servings of diet with fruits.
- 4 to 6 servings of diet containing milk.
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and foods containing proteins.
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, fruit juice and milk.
- Limiting the consumption of fatty foods and sweets.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
So I get pregnant then as have sex on Wednesday and read on internet said definitely get pregnant if had sex on Wednesday as was 1-2 days of most fertile days as egg got released on Friday.
Gastroparesis is a condition when your stomach feels full and heavy even after it has been more than a couple of hours after meal. Generally, it takes maximum 1 & ½ hours for the stomach to feel empty, but if the time taken for it is more, then this is a condition of gastroparesis. It means there is some change in your normal digestion process.
In this circumstance, the food in your stomach doesn’t digest easily and creates a lump. As a result, you have hard time digesting your food. It also means the nerves connected to the stomach are not functioning well. There are a number of reasons for which you can get gastroparesis.
- Diabetes is one of the most common causes of making you feel fuller.
- Disorders in the nervous system, mainly Parkinson’s disease or cerebral attack can create this problem.
- Some medicines, especially antidepressants or anti-inflammatory in nature and certain painkillers can cause this problem.
Gastroparesis shows a number of symptoms:
- Occasional vomiting as you feel unnecessarily fuller. When you vomit, it gives out chunks of undigested food
- A feeling of nausea
- You feel full after you have eaten very little
- Bloating and pain in your abdomen
- There is alteration in the blood sugar level
- You don’t feel like eating due to loss of appetite
- You lose considerable weight as you don’t eat much
- A possibility of suffering from malnutrition, again due to lack of appetite
How it can be treated?
When you identify the reason for gastroparesis, then treating it becomes easier. If diabetes or nerve disorder is creating the problem, leave it to your doctor to treat. For other causes like lack of appetite, there are some natural ways of treating it.
- Have frequent smaller meals. This way you don’t push yourself to eat much and at the same time, the body doesn’t lack nutrition and energy
- Avoid fibrous fruits
- Avoid high carbohydrate and high fat foods, which takes time to digest
- Intake foods which you can swallow, like soups or stew. They are healthy and are also easy to digest
If the problem still persists, consult your doctor who may prescribe some medicines to stimulate the stomach muscles. They generally have no side-effects. There are some medicines which can control your vomiting and nausea. There are some surgical treatments for gastroparesis, where the doctors place a feeding tube in your small intestine. A gastric venting channel is another option, which helps you to get relief from excessive gas formation in your stomach, thus accelerating the process of digestion.
Hello friends, I'm Dr. Mukti Sethi. I'm a Consultant Gyenic specializing in life expectancy and infertility. I've done my graduation from GSV Medical COllege Kanpur, and my post graduation from Aligarh Muslim University. Today, on this session I'm going to talk on the subject which is a great cause of stress and anxiety among patients who are expecting pregnancy or area pregnant, that is early pregnancy loss. So early pregnancy loss, what exactly do we mean by early pregnancy loss. Early pregnancy loss is a loss of pregnancy during the first thirteen weeks of pregnancy, that is, the first trimester of pregnancy. It is commonly mentioned as miscarriage or spontaneous abortion.
So how many pregnancies lands into a pregnancy loss or what is the incidence of pregnancy loss? Around one in every five pregnancy, which is, unfortunately, a very high incidence rate, lands in a non-developmental form or loss of a pregnancy or a miscarriage. So what are the causes of this pregnancy loss? The most common cause, around 60% of the pregnancy loss, is due to are due to random chromosomal defects are seen during the process of fertilization. What is the process of fertilization? Fertilization is when the female's ova or egg combines with the sperm to form a fetus or a zygote. During the process, the mismatch of the chromosomes results in an abnormal chromosomal formula of the fetus. So these pregnancies won't be able to grow further and nature has its own process to curtail these pregnancies or abnormal pregnancies from growing. So these pregnancies are going to land in an abortion or miscarriage or missed abortion or blighted abortion that we generally see. So a big number, that is 60% is because of these chromosomal defects which we do not have any control over.
So coming over other causes, it might be a defect in the reproductive system of the female like a defect in uterus, fibroid or septa. Then coming over to infections, yes there are a set of infections that can be a cause of these pregnancy losses or abortion, like torch infections or tuberculosis. Then coming onto the hormonal causes, we have seen so many patients coming who have a thyroid problem or are diabetic. Again coming onto patients who are suffering from PCOD. So they have high chances of having an abnormal pregnancy or unhealthy pregnancy which might result in abortion. Then there are certain medical conditions or toxins, environmental conditions which might land a patient into a pregnancy loss. Now, what can an individual or a girl who is planning to get pregnant do to reduce the risk of having an abortion? First of all, you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle and then prelating, that is before getting pregnant always see a gynecologist or a consultant. There is a set of investigations that you people should go through- your blood group, your CBC, your diabolic sugars. You should go through these tests before planning a pregnancy. Next is a healthy lifestyle, certain vitamins like folic acid are extremely important. Taking them for 3-4 months before getting pregnant might reduce the risk of getting abnormal pregnancies like deformities seen in the fetus is considerably reduced. Then yes, coming over to the lifestyle that we see today, females planning to get pregnant should stop smoking, alcohol intake should be reduced or stopped if possible.
Then there are some general questions patients do ask me that should we stop coffee. Yes, you can take coffee but try to restrict it to two cups a day. Then any food or anything which can cause abortion is more of a myth. Generally, all foods like vegetables, fruits which god has created for us is quite healthy and generally do not result in any injury to the fetus. But still certain foods like Chinese or Ajinomoto, we do ask the patient to reduce the intake for the first trimester of pregnancy. Then there can be certain girls or females that are working in an environment which can be hazardous for the growing fetus like many of our staff that are woking with X-rays or chemical setups or factories which are there, also around fumes. So you need to be a little cautious about the environment where you are working so that there is no harm in the early fetus. So yes you can take certain steps to have a healthy pregnancy.
Now how can your doctor or your gynecologist help to reduce the risks? Very thorough check up with the doctor so that she would be able to diagnose any hormonal problems or any defects in the uterus, something which she can do about and that way she will surely be able to help you out. But again coming back to the point, the majority of pregnancy loss is due to chromosomal abnormality during the process of fertilization which are not in control of the doctor or the patient. So you need to be somewhat relaxed, nature has its way , and if there is something or some abnormality in the foetus then nature will not allow it to grow. But yes there are other causes in which you can or your doctor can help you out so that you have a healthy pregnancy. Now, how to know that you might be heading towards a pregnancy loss or towards an abortion. The main symptoms that the patient will complain about are spotting or bleeding or cramps. Patients come to us with a history of missing periods and there is an episode of bleeding. Now here I would like to say that all patients who have bleeding during the first trimester of pregnancy are not going to land in an abortion. But yes you need to be extra cautious, you need to see your doctor, your doctor would like to help with certain hormones or support with the hormones or pregnancy with the vitamins which might avert the abortion.
So the first symptom is pain and bleeding. Now all patients of bleeding will not land in an abortion but yes when you are having it you need to undergo certain investigations so that there is a diagnosis to know the problem. So how would your doctor diagnose that yes it is a case of abortion or missed abortion or a blighted one? A physical examination by the doctor, the general upper vaginal examination will guide the doctor towards the cause of bleeding. Doctor will ask or recommend a certain set of investigations like ultrasound and even beta HCG that is a blood test which will help to diagnose, and sometimes you know these tests need to be repeated, and at that moment of time patients tend to get very anxious that why the doctor is not able to answer my questions that it is a healthy pregnancy or not. Because sometimes the pregnancy needs to be of a certain duration to assess that yes it is going at par or not. So we have to repeat the investigations like ultrasound needs to be done after an interval of a week or ten days to see the difference in growth, has the baby grown in ten days or not, or to say with confidence that it is a growing pregnancy. Once the diagnosis of missed abortion or abortion has been made, now what is the treatment or what would be the next step. Sometimes a patient comes to us that it is a very early pregnancy, very small sac or she is bleeding, having a heavy flow like a periods flow. Then we would just ask the patient to wait and watch. Let her clear off with the periods and sometimes the pregnancy will be washed on its own and doctor would decide not to interfere with the natural process, and at times it is sufficient. But yes if the sac is a little larger in size or the bleeding is not that much in flow, or period is not there, the doctor might give some medicines to you so that there is proper flow and pregnancy is washed off.
But there might be certain cases which would require intervention by the doctor that is a surgical procedure or such an evaluation or dilation and then by the patient to remove whatever products of conception still remain. Even after medicines, sometimes you know all the products of conception won't be washed out then after a period of two weeks the doctor might advise you to go for another ultrasound to confirm that everything is clear and if still there are some fragments then surgical procedure might be advised to you. Generally, the next question is will it in any way harm the next pregnancy. No, it is not like that. Generally, these are safe procedures and very necessary at that period, therefore, you people are advised about it and they are not related to any long term consequences. So here we have discussed the treatment of early pregnancy loss. Generally, these people do quite well, have good chances of having a healthy pregnancy the next time they become pregnant. So my advice to you all doesn't get anxious, look for support from your doctor, from your family, with your partner. Decide well in advance before your next pregnancy.
If any of you need to consult me about this you are most welcome. You can get in touch with me through Lybrate.com or if you want to see me in your clinic I'm available at Indirapuram at Ghaziabad NCR. You can fix an appointment and see me personally and I hope this talk was useful for you.
I am feeling itching in my opening. After cleaning with hot water also it remains same. I am not pregnant.
My name is ram and I am a male BT I want to change my gender into female its possible for me? Or can I am pregnant after this gender transformation!
Sir I had married last week and my wife don't want to be pregnancy for 2 years. Is there any way without medicine and which is the best days for safe sex?
I had hormonal problem due to which there was ovarian cyst I took medicine for two years but still sometimes I have severe pain. please suggest me some proper treatment.
I have done intercourse with protection on 21st day after period with my wife. I am sure that condom got tear out. Now we fear that it will result in conception. I have one baby and do not want unplanned baby now. Pls suggest what to do. Can I take deviry tablet to avoid pregnancy. Pls suggest dose.
My HCG-BETA level is 7.37mIU/ml. I am I pregnant. My FSH is 132 on 2015 my doctor says at that time its menopause.
Meri wife 1 month ki pregnant ho gayi thi hume baccha abhi nhi chahiye tha uske baad maine use dava la kr diya usne dava khaya or aaj total 22 days ho gaye h use blooding ho raha hai or ab ham hospital ya or kahi nhi jana chahate hai koi naturally ya fir use koi problem na koi dava bata sakte hai to accha hoga or use aise dekh kr mujhe accha nhi lag raha hai or o kitna kuch sahi meri wajah se please kuch dava se possible hona wala treatment hai ya kuch jo hai o bata do plz.
I m 25 year old female my uterus shows two live embryos are 7 weeks. Llying in separate sac. But a Cystic mass measuring 52.1mm?38.7mm seen in right adenexa please Tell me right advise. What is best solution? 1. Kiya mujhe normal delivery se children ho sake hai? 22. Cystic mass se mujhe or mere children ko koiy big problem to nahi hai? 3. Agar finally cystic mass ko Operation se nikalna pada to bina kisi lost ke ye ho sake hAi. 4. Cycle mass ko nikalne par main dobara pregnant ho sakti hau? please give me top priority and best advice. Thanks you.
The first commandment of healthy living is to eat plenty of fresh fruits. However, did you know that some fruits are healthier than others? Fruits do not have any added sugars but many fruits are rich in natural sugar. However, here are 11 fruits which have lowest sugar content.
- Limes and lemons: Limes and lemons are known as sour fruits. While they are rich in vitamin C, they do not contain a lot of sugar. Freshly squeezed lime juice and hot water is the perfect drink to curb your appetite and raise metabolism.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are rich in fiber but have only a little more than a teaspoon of sugar per cup. This makes them the perfect fruit to start the day with.
- Strawberries: Strawberries may taste sweet but a cup of fresh strawberries has only about 7 grams of sugar. However, a cup of strawberries has enough vitamin C to take care of your daily requirements.
- Blackberries: A cup of these berries also has minimal sugar. Along with fiber, these fruits are also rich in antioxidants. These berries also help lower the risk of type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and other such conditions.
- Kiwi: Did you know that kiwis are technically berries? Each kiwi has less than 6 grams of sugar but is very rich in vitamin C.
- Grapefruit: A grapefruit is a perfect breakfast. These citrus fruits are rich in fiber and low in sugar. Half a grapefruit contains only 52 calories and minimal sugar. They are also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Avocado: Avocados are naturally low in their sugar content. One raw avocado has less than a gram of sugar. However, they are full of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and potassium.
- Watermelon: Summer would be incomplete without watermelons. Though they taste sweet, watermelons are very low in sugar. A cup of watermelon has less than 10 grams of sugar.
- Cantaloupe: Cantaloupes are rich in vitamin A but a cup of this fruit has only about 14 grams of sugar. They are also rich in vitamin B, magnesium and fiber.
- Oranges: Eating an orange is the best way to boost our vitamin C levels and keep infections away. One orange typically contains less than 70 calories and 12 grams of sugar.
- Peaches: A medium sized peach has less than 13 grams of sugar. This is an example of how taste can be deceptive when it comes to calories.
Given the sugar content in these fruits, it would be a great idea for the diabetics and weight watchers to include them in their diet and have a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
A three month therapy of ayurvedic medicines can cure your menstural cramps and associated problems.
1. Ayurvedic medicines
2. Hot fomentation
3. Clove tea
4. Warm oil massage