Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata AggarwalYour feedback matters!
The condition of uterine prolapse takes place when the floor muscles (and sometimes, ligaments) of the pelvis region gets stretched overly and then gradually weakens, thus becoming unable to provide adequate support to the uterus. This often leads to the protrusion or the slipping down of the uterus out of the vaginal opening. Though it can affect women of any age, it usually happens to women after menopause, especially those who have already had deliveries out of the vagina.
The weakening of the muscles in the pelvic region is the chief cause that leads to uterine prolapse. Other causes include:
1. Natural estrogen loss, especially after menopause
2. Gravity effects
3. Supportive tissues of pregnancy and childbirth being damaged
4. Constant straining over time
5. Excessive smoking
6. Improper weight - obesity or being overweight
There are a number of varieties of uterine prolapse, of varying severity. In case of moderate to severe uterine prolapse, the symptoms tend to be more pronounced and include a number of prominent symptoms.
1. Protruding tissue from the vagina
2. Problems in bowel regulation
3. Increased lower back pains
4. Increased urinary problems, such as leakage or increased retention
5. Looseness in the vagina, which may affect your sex life
Usually, these are symptoms which become pronounced in the morning and eventually worsens through the course of the day.
Risk Factors - The major risk factors that may increase the risk of being afflicted by uterine prolapse are:
1. Multiple pregnancies
2. Increasing age
3. Past problems relating to the pelvis - including surgeries or accidents
4. General weakness in tissues
5. Frequently lifting heavy weights
Additionally, there are a number of conditions, such as chronic constipation, obesity or other pulmonary diseases, that may apply excess strain on tissues and muscles of the pelvic region, that accentuates your chances of being afflicted by uterine prolapse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am 24 year old girl. I was on Diane 35 pill. I am not sure about PCOD. I stopped taking Diane 35 and now suddenly sebum production has increased a lot. I have pigmentation around my chin and I even got light black spots all over my body. What does all this possibly mean?
My wife is 27 years old and having acute pain during periods and she also having irregular periods. And there is white discharge. What to do?
The first few months post pregnancy are the most tiring for a mother. Sleep whenever your baby dozes. This will help you regain your strength.
Not getting regular periods. Having more stress. Intaking tablets. And planning to take ovarian syrup and ferikind suspension tonics. Is there any harm of taking those tonics? What have to do for getting regular periods?
What Is the reason of itching at labia majora and there is a very small rash at perineum and very little discharge from vagina?
Continue lightly bleeding after period I have pcod problem and irregular periodsplese give me the advise.
Sir/mam, Meri Friend h jo unmarried h, age uski 21 year hai. 2 month se uske period me thodi problem aa rhi hai, period aata to h but 2 day me end normally aata hai. But bs 2 day k liye. Constripation ki v problem hai isi ki wjah se. Sir/mam ,plz koi uchit slah dijiye & koi bdi problem to nhi hai na? Jiski wjah se aisa ho rha please details answer dijiye.
Age of my wife is 35 & she suffered from very irregular menstruation problem she got small cyst in her ovarian what to do ?
Hello so I have a really weird question but like. Almost two weeks ago me and my boyfriend fingered each other, I made him. Pop' as we say or cum but it did not touch my hands well at least I do not think it did but he went to clean it up and washed his hands but when I went back to check my vagina (it was like after 5 mim) I don't remember if I! Washed my hands and I touched myself really quick. Is there a way of me maybe getting pregnant? Please help im really scared and nervous and my stomach is bloated and my period ended 3-4 days after we did it.
Sir aise to mera 11 July ko period shuru huaa tha or pahla din se hi gharb nirdhok kha rahi hun or sex period ke 6v din me kiya tha par mujhe hamesha thakan mehsus hote rahta hai. Sir agar mai pregnant huyee bhi hun to aap mujhe gharbpat karne ki pill ka name bhi bata dijiye please sir help me.
Hysterectomy operation(age 61 years history of fibroid. Last 2 months post menopausal blleding. Menopause for last 10 years) in 2 parts. (dr subhas shau was forced to dissect the uterus into 2 parts while taking out the mass due to space complexity). Later biopsy report mentioned that there was a superficial intervention in myometrium. Query is what chances are there that the cancer cells can spread during the operation.
I am bharti and 28 years old. Actually I am suffering from pcod so suggest me diet plan accordingly. My height is 5 feet and weight is 66 kg. I want to loose weight so I can conceive kindly please suggest me the proper diet plan.
I have one tube block. After doing follicular study for 3 months, on 4th month my doc gave me clomifene citrate. I was ovulated on 17th day, she said me to have intercourse. She also gave duphaston tablets for 10 days. Can I expect pregnancy this month. For what purpose duphaston is used, to regularize my periods or to get pregnant?
Sir we have two daughters, one of 6 years and other of 3 months. After delivery my wife is complaining that some part is appears coming out from her vagina. During pregnancy, sometimes she also complaint about this. During intercourse in last week some blood also came. She is having piles also. Pls guide me to take necessary steps. Thanks.
Women tend to develop high levels of blood sugar during their pregnancy (especially within the 24th and 28th weeks), irrespective of whether they already had suffered from diabetes prior to their pregnancy. However, gestational diabetes, if not taken proper care of, might escalate the risks of developing diabetes in the near future for both the mother and the child, accompanied by complications in pregnancy or labor. Gestational diabetes is usually characterized by mild symptoms such as excessive urge to urinate, excessive thirst, blurred vision and fatigue.
Insulin, a hormone produced by the pancreas, allows for the utilization of the glucose for energy. The food consumed is broken down by the digestive tract of the body, converting carbohydrates into glucose before releasing it into the bloodstream. The glucose is then absorbed by the cells to be used as an energy source. Now, at the time of pregnancy, the placenta (organ nourishing the fetus) connecting the baby to the blood supply also produces various other hormones in high levels, for instance, estrogen and human placental lactogen. Most of these hinder the normal functioning of insulin in the cells, hence raising the blood sugar count. With subsequent growth of the baby, the placenta keeps on producing more amounts of such insulin resistant hormones to an extent that they are capable of meddling with the development of the baby.
1. Monitoring the blood sugar count at least four to five times a day and keeping it under control might help to ease the complication.
2. A healthy diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits in the right proportion and limiting sugar or other highly refined carbs meets the nutrition and fiber requirement of the body. Guard against additional weight gain during pregnancy as that hampers the entire process.
3. Exercise or regular physical activities help to normalize blood sugar level by boosting glucose absorption in the cells. Furthermore, exercises also enhance the sensitivity of the cells towards insulin. This means that only a little amount of insulin production by your body would be enough for the transportation of sugar.
4. Medication, If exercise and diet fall inadequate, insulin injections are often administered to control blood sugar count.
5. Keeping the baby under close observation with the help of repeated ultrasound and other tests to record its growth and development is an essential part of the treatment plan. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 35+ in age. I have bilateral tubal blockage. My anti mullerian hormone level is 1.81. Not even conceived once. Trying to get pregnant since 3 and a half years. Married since 5 yrs. Don't want to go for conventional ivf but interested in natural cycle ivf. Want to know if that is possible. Thanks.
My wife is missing periods for 2 days from expected date. Last day we had sex. But I don't allow the sperm to enter. While having orgasm, I put out the penis. Still, is there any chance of pregnancy? if yes, what are the measures to stop it!
I am 30 year old woman I have 10 month son I breastfeed him daily bt now my husband want to drink breast milk so can I give him?
In India, along with a lack of sex education, there is also a lack of knowledge about hygiene of the privates amongst women even in urban areas. When a woman experiences pain in her vagina, while it could be because of various reasons and not necessarily alarming, one does get alarmed.
Let us understand the reasons.
1. Yeast infection: Dry and itchy vagina can feel painful after a while. Yeast infections are very common and usually most women experience them. They can be treated by medicines, yet it is best to get in touch with your doctor and get a prescription. Your doctor will prescribe an anti-fungal cream after a pelvic exam.
2. Vaginal dryness: This usually happens to post-menopausal women but can also happen to younger women because of certain birth control pills which are low in estrogen and dry up the moisture in one's vagina.
3. Pelvic inflammatory disease: If you are having regular pains during penetration and during your periods, it could be endometriosis. During examination, the pain is usually linked to the lower abdomen where the ovaries are.
4. Vulvodynia: These are mysterious pains which come & go and can be treated with medicines.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.