Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sufia AtharYour feedback matters!
I'm 29 years old, recently married. My periods are quite irregular mostly once in a nine month. I have consulted Gynecologist earlier all the tests were conducted, my reports are normal I don't have any problems such as PCOD or Thyroid What medication do you prescribe me? Can my periods be regularised through some medication. I'm worried because my family is expecting child from me.
Hi yesterday my wife started with periods so in future which date we will do intercourse to conceive please do advise and also suggest is there any medicine also?
I am suffering from pcod and thyroid taking thyronorm 50 mcg tsh s 2.0 I want to know I am soon going to get married so wat measures should I take to regularise periods and avoid problems.
My wife (age 31) is pregnant and on her 5th week og pregnancy. We are married since 3 years and since beginning we wanted the baby, now she conceived it, though all the reports of my and mine was normal. Now since two days she experience some blood and little clots in her urine couple of time, doctor says it is normal gave her some medicine and said ultrasound needed to be done in 4 days. Is it a alarming sign, what can be the causes of bleeding and little clotting in the urine? After urine actually she felt the certain drops of blood and clotting please explain Thanks.
Child deliveries during pregnancies are of two types. If you are pregnant or have someone in your family who is then you can either go for caesarean section (or C-section) delivery or normal delivery, which is also known as vaginal delivery. In some case C-section delivery is chosen by your doctor as it may be a safer option in case you have some health complications. Diabetes, high blood pressure or herpes can cause complication that may in advance let you know whether the delivery procedure would be C-section or the normal one. Here are the pro and cons of both the procedure.
Natural Delivery: Benefits and Disadvantages
- Shorter stay in the hospital and time for recovery can help you in case of normal delivery.
- It may be physically painful but at the end of the day as it is a natural delivery method and you will experience less postpartum pain.
- There would be lesser chances of respiratory problems in your baby.
- Normal delivery may cause fear and anxiety which may lead to huge complications. Even your baby may face the risk of being deprived of oxygen from cord compression.
- It is also more painful and unpredictable.
- There may be increased chances of pelvic organ prolapses in normal section deliveries.
C-section: Benefits and Disadvantages
- You will be well in advance told about the delivery date by your doctor and hence planning is made easy. 2. If you have any infection like herpes chances of your baby being is reduced by c section delivery.
- There will be lesser risk of pelvic floor injury and few cases of urinary continence.
- There will be no risk of birth related trauma like bruises and swelling.
- There are surgical risks of anesthesia which can cause severe adverse side effects like headache, nausea and vomiting.
- There are also chances of heart attacks and blood clotting in veins. You may also have chances of postpartum infection in c section delivery.
- Numbness around the area of operation and bleeding may require a hysterectomy which is a surgery to remove the uterus.
There are many other pro and cons of the two methods of delivery and you should always consult your doctor and follow proper medications for better delivery of the newborn.
Gaining muscle mass is not only about looking good, it also has health benefits. It plays a critical role in promoting metabolic health, bone strength, maintaining body weight and reduces stress. Gaining muscles also have positive effects on obesity, disease recovery, aging and bone density. There are beneficial diet plans that one can follow to build muscle mass and live a healthy life.
Here are some super foods that you can include in your diet to increase the nutrition content and gain muscles.
- Lean Beef - Beef is packed with protein and nutrients such as zinc, iron, and Vitamin B. An 85-gram serving contains 154 calories with increased level of amino acids that promotes the growth of muscles.
- Cottage Cheese - It is one of the most beneficial dairy products to consume which contains protein, Vitamin B12, calcium and other nutrients that help build muscles.
- Chicken - Chicken is another product you can include in your diet that helps maintain weight, bone density and gain muscles. It introduces high-quality protein in your constitution which is required to maintain good health.
- Eggs - Eggs should be a staple in your diet if you want to build muscles. It has amino acids, proteins, Vitamin D and choline, a good kind of fat that is needed to maintain and gain muscles.
The importance of muscles
- Metabolism - Gaining muscles boosts metabolism in many ways. It controls fat gain and prevents obesity and diabetes.
- Bone density - Bone density is an important issue, especially among women and the elderly. Building muscles can improve bone density and prevent osteoporosis.
- Recovery from disease - Eating nutrition-rich food increases the protein intake which not only improves the immune system but also helps in fast recovery from illness.
Related Tip: 4 ways to gain weight?
dear sir / madam I am on delivery 8 months and 3 weeks and baby breech present and 4.3 water level in 11th September 2017 report and 6.3 water level in 18th September 2017 report and and delivery date is 17 th november shown in sonography report. So my question is Water level increase so can baby normal position in future delivery time? Doctors say for cesarean so is it ok? Or should we wait for delivery date or not?
Hi doctor I married 3 yrs back. But we dont have a child. 2 times child aborted due to rubella fever. Is there any problem on my sperm count. I want to know how to check my sexual health. I am unable to enjoy with my wife, more than one time. I feel tired and sperms like a water. Help me to resolve my problem.
I am taking fertomid 50, folvite,glycomet 50. Form 13 nov. I got period this month on 15 Dec. But only for 1 day and having big clot and severe pain is it miscarriage? ?again I start same tablets from 16 Dec. Please suggest something so that I can get pregnant fast. And give idea about ovulation. .of this month and best method for getting pregnant..
It has been since 4 days I had asked a question about irregular periods. But none responded. Irregular periods are cannot be solved with the doctors?
She has been feeling weak from yesterday and vomiting whatever she eats. It happens during her periods every time. What to do?
My friend is 18 year old. She did not come periods (menstrual cycle) from 15 days. Which reasons are behind these? Please suggest ways to regularity of periods.
I hv thyroid of scale 0.06. My periods are sometimes regular and some time irregular. I am planning for second baby. Wt to do. He can I know my ovulation time?
I am 25 years old. Every month when menses comes. Its ache my stomach. Some time its unbearable. Some time I do vomiting in periods. When I have done with vomit. My pain is totally vanish. Please provide me some solution for get rid of this abdomen pain in period.
Hi I have 13 months girl baby. My wife is again pregnant with 5 months. Ist delivery was cesarean. Is there any chances of normal delivery this time or it may be cesarean only. For normal what should do. Is there any precaution should take. She is getting back pain now days. Please give suggestion for normal delivery.
My wife has not got in period since 2 month. I have checked pregnancy test two time. It resulted negative. Is there any problem?
Hi. Took follicular scan n 12th day. I had follicle on my right ovary around 11 mm. Today it's my 15th day. N the doctor say my size is same. How many days will it take to increase.
The mosquito may seem a very small creature, but can be deadly as they spread quite a few severe infections, with chikungunya being one of them. The disease got its name from an African language, which means to walk bent over.
Chikungunya is a viral disease that is carried by specific varieties of infected mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus). It was originally confused for dengue, which is another mosquito-transmitted infection, but then called out as a separate disease. Both diseases start off with non-diagnostic symptoms including fever, rashes, fatigue, anaemia and headache. Dengue could be distinguished by the lowered platelet count, while the persistent joint pains and eye pain could be the distinguishing factor for the chikungunya.
The mosquito is the vector, which picks up the virus from one infected person and spreads it to another person. The virus does not spread directly from one person to the other. Once it reaches the blood stream, it multiplies in the body, and over a period of 1 to 12 days, the symptoms begin to appear.
Symptoms: The symptoms of chikungunya are listed below, which reflect the effects on the body.
The symptoms are generally nondiagnostic and generic including fever, rashes, joint pain, muscle aches, eye pain, fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, headaches, nausea, and vomiting. The eye pain which occurs behind the eyes and the joint pains are the indicative symptoms, which point to chikungunya. In fact, the joint pains make the patient assume a stooped posture, and that is where the name chikungunya was originally derived from.
Most of the above symptoms subside over a period of 10 to 15 days but the joint pain continues. In fact, in many, it can continue to exist for months and even years and eventually develop into rheumatoid arthritis.
Though chikungunya is not a fatal disease by itself, it can produce long-term symptoms which can be severely disabling and affect the quality of life.
Anybody who is bitten by the infected mosquito can develop the disease, but there are some groups of people at a higher risk. These include newborns, the elderly people, and people with chronic conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and chronic heart disease.
However, once infected, the person develops immunity and future infections do not happen unless their immunity is severely compromised.
Treatment: There is no specific treatment, and symptom relief is provided through rest, hydration, pain killers for joint and muscle, antipyretics for fever, and avoiding aspirin.
While there is no vaccine for chikungunya, preventing exposure to mosquito bites when you are travelling and preventing mosquito breeding and reducing exposure to mosquitoes by using repellents and nets are advisable.