Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor I have pore on my face I tried to use medicine but no any effect So can you help me to Remove pore on my face.
Blacking of lips. What are the reasons for it and how to get pink lips soon. Please suggests some medicines too Thanks.
I have dark skin please suggest me cream or other thing to make my complexion fair. I have oily skin.
I am suffering from vomiting tendency. With very weakness. & I have a pain on my breasts. My blood pressure is 100/60. I did unprotected sexual intercourse with my husband on 24th March. & my menstrual cycle had started by 14th Feb & finished by 17 Feb. Is it possible that I have conceived?
I have skin problem. My skin is dry and there is always dryness in some part of skin eg fingers and legs. I have to keep this Moisturize. Kindly provide me solution for this problem.
Cellulitis is a serious bacterial infection that is characterized by red and swollen areas on the skin. The condition may spread quickly to other areas of the body. The most commonly affected areas of the body are the lower legs, although it affects other areas of the body as well.
The disease may affect either the outer layer of the skin or the tissues underneath your skin, from where it may spread to your bloodstream and the lymph nodes. If the condition is not treated on time, it may turn into a life threatening one.
- You may experience inflammation and redness on your skin
- The affected area may become tender and painful
- The area may feel warm
- Presence of skin rashes around the area
- Pus filled formations on the skin
- The skin may have a tight and swollen appearance
- You may run a fever
- Feeling dizzy and fatigued if the condition turns serious
This condition occurs when bacteria such as Streptococcus and Staphylococcus enter the body through cuts or cracks on the skin. Surgical incisions, cuts and insect bites are usually the causes of the infection. Some other risk factors include a weak immune system, diabetes and skin conditions such as eczema and athlete's foot.
The condition is treated by antibiotics. If oral medications do not work, then the medicine may be administered intravenously.
There are certain preventive measures which you can employ to minimize the risks of cellulitis:
- If you have a wound or cut in the body, make sure to apply ointments that help in killing the germs.
- Always wash your wounds with warm water and soap.
- Apply bandage to the area to prevent exposure to dust and bacteria. Make sure that you replace the bandages on a regular basis.
- On any sign of infection such as redness and pus drainage, consult a doctor.
- Apply moisturizer on your skin to prevent cracks on the skin.
- Take care while trimming your finger and toe nails so as to not injure the skin around the nail.