Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir ChhabraYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from Hypertension. My past Blood Pressure reading was 150/110 mmHg. What medication I should take ?
Hi This is ajay, I have dry cough and cold with body pains. I have done tests also for that, in report normal as came. Could you please give solution for curing my problem. Thank You.
My SGPT level is 73, SGOT is 34, Bilirubin is 1.20 , Triglycerides level is 180. Are these level are very abnormal and please suggest how to lower down the SGPT and Triglycerides level.
My mother age is 68 and she is not a diabetic and b. P patient and doctor prescribed lupoxa (oxaceprol) for her osteo arthritis. Dosage started with 600 mg for 21 days now she is taking 400 mg per day from past 40 days, how long this medication can be used. specialist not available to consult here in my place. Please advice on the same.
I have a pain in my left chest after a long run. I want to know how this happen n how can I protect from this.
I am 47 year old man, my diastolic pressure observed since last 5 years is above 90 and sometime observed 106 as well? Now I have started medicines since last 3 months to control and it is about 88, but sometime still observed 95. What could be the reason and how to control? I diagnosed cholesterol in March 2016 9total 189, but triglyceride was 219 instead of limit 150, I am taking Tonact Tg to treat and now it is @128, shall I continue medi to control cholesterol as well?
Hi, I am Alex. I had undergone an URS surgery for kidney stone on 2nd Mar, 2016. There is a stent in kidney- bladder. And I would like to know if I can have Sex? Also, how to avoid kidney stones from reappearing in future? Is der any side effects of stent?
My mother is 76 years old, non diabetic but hypertension and acidity since past 10 years. Taking Nitrolex SR - 1 per day and RAZO D 1#. She is having osteo arthritis and constipation for which she takes Anuloma powder. What to do for pain and diet?
Hello sir, me accountant hu 25 male. Muje 2 sal pehle thoda chest heaviness ka problem hua tha. Mene doctor ko dikhaya to kuch problem ni tha. Uske bad continuously muje chest heaviness or left hand me pain, or neck aur neck ke niche pain hota he or kabhi kabhi chest me bhi pain hota he, mene 2 sal me 3 bar TMT, chest xray, lungsand lums test, 5 bar ECG, sonography, 2 bar ECO, ek bar calcium scoring test (report says your calsium sor is 00 )wo sab normal he. Bahot try kiya fir bhi problem same hi he. Plss suggest me. Thank you.
My father in law is 80 years old, had trouble breathing has been diagnosed with severe hypokinesia involving anteroseptal and apical LV and also he has significant bilateral pleural effusion and also shows symptoms related to bronchitis. How and which treatment can be given to him. Also note that he has bp and also takes ecosprin.
Dear Doctor, I am 32 year old suffering from high BP and cholesterol problem from last three years. Also my head always paining and I think I get down because vertigo so please help me to cure these diseases. Kind Regards
My friend Ravi has some time get a problem in his chest, because alway pain left side in chest? What a problem we are not conform.
I have chest pain. It mostly happen after getting lunch or dinner. When pain start I can't breathing properly.
My father was a heart patient and he has Cholesterol recommend some plan to reduce heart attacks chances please.
I am 32 year since a week I am feeling my heart beats run fast when I take rest Please let me what to do Thank you.
When I do jogging, after some time while running, I feel little pain in my chest. I don't have asthma. I am a bit fat. I don't have any heart disease. Is it something with the body posture while running? Or because of breathing with chest instead of breathing with diaphragm. Help me.
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.