Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhanshu Mishra
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhanshu MishraYour feedback matters!
My father is 61 years old and has been diagnosed with enlarged prostate .PSA is coming at 33.5 what are my options. He has a high blood sugar condition as well.
Have you ever used a new type of skincare product, detergent or come in contact with something, only to have your skin become red and irritated? If your answer is yes, then you have experienced contact dermatitis.
In simple terms, it is a rash caused by allergic reactions or due to skin damage when you come in contact with something. Most of the contact dermatitis is not that severe and can be easily treated.
Causes of Contact Dermatitis
1. Allergic Contact Dermatitis – Your immune system is involved if it is an allergy. After you touch something, your body thinks it's under attack and produces antibodies that release chemicals. This results in itchy rash or inflamed skin. Causes of allergic contact dermatitis:
- Poison Ivy
- Hair Dyes
- Nickel commonly found in jewelry or belt buckles
- Latex rubber
- Citrus fruit
- Perfumes or chemicals in cosmetic or skincare products
- Medications you apply on your skin
2. Irritant Contact Dermatitis - The most common type, that occurs when the skin comes in contact with a toxic substance. This does not involve your immune system or allergies. Instead, you touched something that puts off the surface oils protecting your skin and as a result experience a reaction. Causes of Irritant Contact Dermatitis:
- Pepper Spray
- Battery acid
- Drain Cleaners
Symptoms of Contact Dermatitis
When something is irritating and damaging your skin, you will see a symptom right away. However, with an allergy, it can take one to two days before you see a rash. Symptoms of contact allergy are usually seen in the area where you touched something toxic. These symptoms can often be more painful than itchy.
- Skin redness
- Extreme itching
- Swelling in the eyes, face or groin
- Burning skin
- Dry, cracky or scaly skin
- Sun sensitivity
Treating a Rash at Home
If you know the source of your rash, don’t touch it again. Wash your skin with soap and lukewarm water right away, if possible and you will red rid of any reactions that may occur. Here are some tips you can try at home:
- Don’t scratch your skin
- Apply petroleum jelly to soothe the area
- Try anti-itch creams like hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion
- For blisters, apply a cold moist compress
- Use moisturizers to restore the protective layer of the skin
- If needed take anti-histamine drugs to help relieve itching
When to See Your Doctor
If the rash does not subside within a couple of days and if it is close to the eyes or mouth or covers a large area of your body, it is best to seek immediate medical attention. Your doctor will prescribe drugs, ointment or other medications to help treat it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have been suffering from skin problems from last few years, if l eat medicine then the disease part Will well and again it occur other part of my body mostly it joint region of my hand, finger.i can not know the disease properly as doctors speaking different from one another.
Im 23, now and until age 47 ,i would want same skin with out going to wrinkles and fat face I want a looking like a young until age 45 ,is any skin treatments have for this?
I have many marks on my face and pimples also .how can I get rid of this ?I also want to know about how to get rid of oily skin?
Blemish free skin, which is supple and radiant is everyone’s dream, however, there are certain lifestyle habits which can take a toll on your skin and affect it adversely.
Here are a few lifestyle habits which affect your skin:
Smoking can speed up the process of aging: Smoking can affect your skin adversely as it strips your skin of essential nutrients and oxidants. This leads to degradation of the basic units of the skin- collagen and elastin. The affected units also lead to uneven skin, appearance of fine lines and sagging. A study has also proven that smoking causes acne as the pores in your skin get blocked.
Stress: Stress has the power to cause major hormonal imbalances inside your body, which can affect your skin. Stress affects the skin’s barrier function which reduces its ability to absorb and retain moisture. Dehydrated skin looks dry and patchy and becomes flaky over time, leading to acne.
Sleep: Sleeping for less than 6 hours at night can make you feel sleepy and tired the next day. Your skin also deals with the lack of rest which is why the radiance is lost and can lead to problems such as under eye bags, dark circles and saggy skin.
- Poor nutrition: Poor nutrition which lacks in essential vitamins and minerals can cause serious problems in the skin. Including foods which are rich in vitamin C such as fruits lime, oranges and tomatoes and fatty fishes such as tuna, mackerel and salmons can help you retain radiant skin. Adding colourful fruits and vegetables to your diet will help you detoxify your skin and get acne free and supple skin.
Not applying sunscreen: Your job might require you to stay outdoors for long, which exposes your skin to the harmful UV-A and UV-B rays of the sun and dust particles. In such conditions, using sunscreens with SPF (Sun protection factor) 30 or above is a necessity as otherwise, the rays can penetrate into your skin, weaken the collagen cells and lead to pigmentation and tanning in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.