Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudha Kumari
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sudha KumariYour feedback matters!
1. Get the right cholesterol tests:
Check NMR particle sizes for cholesterol by asking your doctor for this test at Labcorp or LipoScience. You want to know if you have safe light and fluffy cholesterol particles, or small dense, artery damaging cholesterol particles. A regular cholesterol test won't tell you this.
2. Check for Metabolic Syndrome:
• Do you have a fat belly? Measure you waist at the belly button and your hips at the widest point -- if your waist/hip is greater than 0.8 if you are a woman or 0.9 if you are man, then you have a problem
• If you have small LDL and HDL particles, you have metabolic syndrome.
• If your triglycerides are greater than 100 and your HDL is less than 50, or the ratio of triglycerides to HDL is greater than four, then you have metabolic syndrome.
• Do a glucose insulin challenge test.
3. Eat a Healthy Diet. Eat a diet with a low glycemic load, high in fiber, and phytonutrient and omega-3 rich. It should be plant based, and you should consume plenty of good quality protein such as beans, nuts, seeds, and lean animal protein (ideally organic or grass fed).
5. Get Good Quality Sleep. Sleep is essential for healing your body, maintaining balanced blood sugar, and your overall health.
6. Use Supplements to Support Healthy Cholesterol Particle Size. These include:
• A multivitamin including at least 500 mcg of chromium, 2 mg of biotin and 400 mg of lipoic acid. For most you will take three capsules twice a day.
• 1000 mg of omega-3 fats (EPA/DHA) twice a day.
• 2000 IU of vitamin D3 a day at maximum. (Some people recommend less -- consult your doctor.)
• 1200 mg of red rice yeast twice a day.
• 2-4 capsules of glucomannan 15 minutes before meals with a glass of water.
• Broad-range, balanced concentration of plant sterols. You will usually take one capsule with each meal.
7. Consider Using High Dose Niacin or Vitamin B3. This can only be done with a doctor's prescription. It is useful to help raise HDL cholesterol, lower LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, and increase particle size.
8. Use Low-Dose Statins ONLY If You Have Had Heart Disease or are a male with multiple risk factors, while carefully monitoring for muscle and liver damage.
Still there are many misconceptions related to infertility and ivf. Here are some myths and facts.
Myth: infertility is primarily a female problem
Fact: both men and women may have infertility problems: about 15 percent of such cases are related to men, 40 percent to women and 30 percent to problems in both partners. Unidentified causes account for 15 percent of the cases.
Myth: alternative medicines can improve fertility
Fact: there is no scientific evidence to support this belief and using such types of medicines is a waste of time.
Myth: age is not a big factor in infertility
Fact: age has a direct correlation to women's egg quality and quantity. By the age of 35, the risk of infertility rises significantly as the woman's egg reserve starts declining after that age. Age 18 to 29 are the most fertile years of a woman's life.
Myth: ivf has a 100 percent success rate
Fact: success rate for ivf depends on a number of factors such as the woman's age, cause of infertility, the institution where the procedure is done and other biological and hormonal conditions. The process results in successful pregnancies in 40 to 50 percent cases. In three consecutive cycles, success rate goes up to 80 to 90 percent.
Myth: it is a painful procedure
Fact: multiple injections used in the treatment can cause discomfort but it isn't painful. The process of egg collection is done under general anaesthesia and the embryo transfer is a painless process.
Myth: babies born via ivf are at risk of birth defects and abnormalities
Fact: the chance of abnormality is slightly higher as compared to the babies conceived through sexual intercourse. Babies born via ivf are 1.3 times more likely to be born with birth defect.
Myth: ivf always results in" multiple pregnancy"; the woman will have twins or triplets
Fact: the chances of" multiple pregnancy" may be lessened by reducing the number of embryos transferred, especially in young women.
Myth: if the ivf process is unsuccessful, it is the end of the road for the couple trying to have a baby
Fact: there are many couples who have conceived naturally or with intrauterine insemination (iui) even after going through an unsuccessful ivf procedure.
Myth: ivf is too expensive
Fact: most ivf cycles cost from rs 1 to rs 1.3 lakh (including medicines) but the positive outcome of the process is more precious.
I have pcod But my periods are regular could I become pregnant. I am 31 years old now. I have 5 year old son.
Breakfast is the most significant meal of the day which helps in boosting the energy which will empower people to carry on all through the day. Having a platter of healthy breakfast improves physical and mental health, and it should ideally be low in fat, cholesterol and sodium content and high in minerals, proteins and vitamins content. Preparation of conventional and nutritious meals in the morning is becoming rare due to our preoccupation with different tasks, and this is where the role of cornflakes comes into being.
Cornflakes are widely acknowledged breakfast cereal and help in preparing meals in almost no time. It is low in fat, provides energy and is highly nutritious. And, the best part is that the cornflakes come in different flavours and are easily available in the market worldwide. The breakfast cereal is produced by combining sugar with milled corn and high fructose corn syrup. It is proven that these flakes offer an easy utilisation of the minerals, vitamins and other nutrients than its non-milled counterparts.
There are different varieties of cornflakes, which include:
- Cornflakes with milk: Cornflakes are a protein rich food. Protein is essential for the red blood cells and for the right functioning of the antibodies which resist infection. Having this type of cornflakes helps in the regulation of the hormones and enzymes as well as repairing body tissues.
- Frosted cornflakes: This cornflakes meal is particularly desirable for growing children. They are considered a rich source of protein, calcium and mineral and the added sugar gives the energy to function properly.
- Honey Cornflakes: Honey cornflakes are quite favourite among kids and adults alike. As they are rich in all the nutrients whereas honey provides thiamin, niacin, riboflavin along with vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. So, you should consider adding this cereal to your daily meals.
- Almond cornflakes: Like honey cornflakes, this variant also combines the goodness of both almonds and cornflakes. Almonds help to improve mental health, strengthens muscles and tissues, prolongs life, and enhances the texture of skin and hair. It is also found beneficial in curing cough and preventing asthma. Thus, you must invest in almond cornflakes for its high nutritional value.
- Carotenoid cornflakes: You can also look for cornflakes rich in beta-cryptoxanthin which is required for improving the health of lungs and prevention of lung cancer. It also assists in promoting cardiovascular health when consumed at moderate levels every day. It is also recommended for individuals suffering from renal issues, and the carotid pigment is associated with prevention of muscular cancer.
- Crushed cornflakes: Though this is not any distinct type of cornflakes, it can be purchased separately and taken in place of breadcrumbs. They make a healthy breakfast when you combine crushed cornflakes with yogurt, pudding or plain milk.
These are the primary variants of the cornflakes, and each of them offers a host of benefits which make them a preferred choice in daily snacks and breakfast. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Mam. I had an unprotected sex 1st time with my feonce on 13th march and 25th march is my mensuration date. My period is not start yet. I took many times urine test which shows negative and I also test serum beta hcg. It also shows negative. What I do please help my period is not yet starts please what I do. Ultrasound karalu ya ni.
जैसा कि नाम से ही स्पष्ट है कि त्रिफला तीन फलों का संयोग है. यानी त्रिफला तीन फलों, आंवला, हरड़ और बहेरा के आयुर्वेदिक रसायन का मिश्रण है. इसे बनाने के लिए एक भाग हरड़, दो भाग बहेरा और एक चौथाई भाग को धुप में सुखाकर बारीक पीस लें. इसे और ज्यादा बारीक बनाने के लिए इसे कपड़े से छान लें फिर इसे शीशी में भरकर रख लें. त्रिफला की खासियत ये है कि इसमें कड़वा, खट्टा, मीठा और नमकीन सभी रस समाहित होते हैं. यह अपने अद्भुत पाचक गुण के कारण सर्वरोगनाशक माना गया है. त्रिफला का चूर्ण स्वास्थ्यवर्धक, रक्तवर्धक, दृष्टिवर्धक और आयुवर्धक माना गया है. इसे कोई भी व्यक्ति बिना किसी बीमारी के आधे से लेकर 15 ग्राम तक के मात्रा में दूध या पानी के साथ रोज ले सकता है. इसे आयुर्वेद की महान दें कहा जाता है.
आइए इससे होने वाले फायदों पर एक नजर डालते हैं-
1. पाचनतंत्र को मजबूती देता है
आँतों की सफाई में भी त्रिफला चूर्ण की भूमिका महत्वपूर्ण है. आपको बता दें कि त्रिफला चूर्ण एक विरेचक की तरह काम करता है. जाहिर है कि पाचन सम्बन्धी समस्याओं के कारण कई परेशनियाँ उत्पन्न होती हैं. इसलिए जब आपका पाचन ठीक होता है तब साथ में कई बिमारियों की संभावना ख़त्म हो जाती है.
2. कब्ज को दूर करता है त्रिफला
कब्ज में त्रिफला अत्यंत लाभकारी है. रात्रि में सोने से पहले 5 ग्राम त्रिफला का चूर्ण यदि आप गुनगुने पानी अथवा दूध के साथ लें तो इससे कब्ज में राहत मिलती है. यदि आप इससे और ज्यादा लाभ पाना चाहते हैं तो आपको इसबगोल के साथ दो चम्मच त्रिफला चूर्ण लेना चाहिए.
3. आँखों के लिए लाभदायक है
त्रिफला का चूर्ण हमारे आँखों के लिए भी बेहद लाभदय है. आँखों के लिए ताम्बे या मिट्टी के बर्तन में 2 चम्मच त्रिफला चूर्ण रात को भिगोकर रख दें. सुबह उठने के बाद उसे कपड़े से छानकर उसी पानी से आँख धोएं. इससे आँखें स्वस्थ तो रहती ही हैं साथ ही आँखों का जलन, लालिमा आदि तमाम परेशानियों से मुक्ति मिलती है. अतिरिक फायदे के लिए त्रिफला चूर्ण को गाय के घी और शहद के साथ लें. आप चाहें तो एक ग्लास पानी में 1 चम्मच त्रिफला चूर्ण 10-15 मिनट तक उबालकर उसका काढ़ा बना लें. फिर इसे छानकर इससे आँख धोएं.
4. बालों को भी मजबूती देता है
बालों को फायदा पहुँचाने में इसका रक्तशोधक गुण फायदेमंद साबित होता है. जाहिर है त्रिफला में विटामिन सी की प्रचुरता होती है. त्रिफला की लुगदी को बालों में आधे घंटे तक लगाकर बाल धो लेने से आलों को मजबूती और कालेपन दोनों मिलते हैं. इसका और ज्यादा फायदा लेने के लिए इसे 2-3 ग्राम की मात्रा में लेना थी रहता है.
5. वजन भी कम करता है
त्रिफला का चूर्ण आपके शरीर में उपापचय की क्रिया को सुचारू बनाता है. लाल रक्त कोशिकाओं की संख्या बढ़ाने में और शरीर से अनचाहे फैट को हटाने में भी इसकी भूमिका होती है. त्रिफला का काढ़ा बनाकर इसमें शहद डालकर पिने से वजन कम होता है.
6. दांतों के लिए भी फायदेमंद
इसकी सहायता से आप अपनी दांतों को भी मजबूत बना सकते हैं. सुबह मंजन करने के बाद इसके चूर्ण को कुछ देर तक मुंह में भरकर रखें फिर थोड़ी देर बाद इसे बाहर निकाल दें. इससे दांतों और मसूड़ों को मजबूती मिलने के साथ ही मुंह के दुर्गन्ध और छालों से भी मुक्ति मिलती है.
7. त्वचा के लिए भी गुणकारी
जैसा कि हमने उपर बताया कि त्रिफला चूर्ण में स्क्तशोधक गुण पाया जाता है. इस गुण के कारण ही ये त्वचा के लिए भी लाभदायक बन जाता है. यह त्वचा से दूषित पदार्थों को दूर करता है. इसमें पाए जाने वाले विटामिन सी के कारण ये त्वचा पर से झुर्रियां हटाने में भी मददगार है.
8. अतिरिक्त लाभ भी हैं
त्रिफला का काढ़ा घावों को जल्दी भरने में मदद करता है.
सरदर्द में आधा छोटा चम्मच त्रिफला चूर्ण लेने से राहत मिलती है.
शरीर में बढ़े हुए कफ, पित्त और आयु को संतुलित करता है.
बुरे कोलेस्ट्राल को कम करने में भी मदद करता है.
पेशाब के संक्रमण में इसे घी, शहद और गर्म पानी के साथ लेने से लाभ मिलता है.
डायबिटीज और दिल की बिमारियों में इसे नियमित रूप से लेने से फायदा मिलता है.
पीलिया के मरीज त्रिफला, चिरायता, कुटकी, निम, छाल, गिलोय और वासा की बराबर मात्रा का काढ़ा बनाकर पियें तो लाभ मिलता है.
सोने से पहले आधा चम्मच त्रिफला लेने से इम्युनिटी बढ़ती है. इससे एलर्जी और काफ कंजेशन कम होता है.
क्या हैं त्रिफला के नुकसान?
1. जिन बच्चों का उम्र छः साल से कम है उन्हें त्रिफला चूर्ण नहीं देना चाहिए.
2. जिन लोगों को ज्यादा दिनों तक इसका सेवन करना है उन्हें इसकी कम से कम मात्रा लेनी चाहिए.
3. इसे प्रेग्नेंट या स्तनपान कराने वाली महिलाएं भी न लें.
4. कई लोग त्रिफला चूर्ण के सेवन से ज्यादा नींद आने की शिकायत करते हैं.
5. कई बार इसके सेवन के परिणामस्वरूप कुछ लोगों को अत्यधिक मूत्र विसर्जन की आवश्यकता होती है. इसलिए जहां तक हो सके इसे रात में लेने से बचें.
‘Probiotic’ is one of the most popular word in health food industry today. The health food and grocery stores today are full of options on probiotic food and drinks. The literal meaning of probiotic is ‘for life’. Probiotics in scientific terms are microorganisms who provide enormous health benefits when consumed. In normal terms, they are friendly bacteria needed for our body to maintain a healthy gut.
Yogurt is one such super healthy food made by adding friendly bacteria to the milk. Doctors recommend eating a bowl of yogurt (400 gms) every day. Being a dairy product, Yogurt is not only packed with Calcium and Protein, it is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B2, B12, Riboflavin, Potassium, Phosphorous and Magnesium.
Let’s now look at some well researched health benefits of yogurt:
Yoghurt is effective in the prevention of Osteoporosis. This calcium rich food serves great benefits when fortified with Vitamin D. Look for yogurt with a boost of vitamin D as consumption of Calcium and vitamin D on a regular basis can aid in the prevention of Osteoporosis.
Many of us need to consume antibiotics in sickness to eliminate the infection. However, antibiotics not only kill disease causing, but good bacteria as well. Thus, it is very beneficial to consume yogurt especially when on antibiotics to help our body replenish lost nutrients and good bacteria.
Yogurt has now emerged as a beauty ingredient. A lot has been said about yogurt and weight management as well as its skin care benefits. A lot of beauty products now boost of yogurt goodness. Eat Yogurt and apply a yogurt mask for a spotless glowing skin!
Yogurt can leave you feeling full for long as it has high-quality protein. Thus, it can be a great snacking option. These days, yogurt occupy a big place in the food industry. We have many options over the counter from frozen yogurt, sweetened or flavored ones, smoothies to thick Greek yogurts. Though they are all great options to have, it is important to go for trusted brands and read the ingredients before you buy. Nutritionists, however, recommend fresh homemade yogurt over the ready-made ones to reap their maximum benefits.
There are many ways to add variety to your yogurt bowl every day. Whip it up with some fresh fruits; add ground flax seeds or nuts for a boost of Omega-3. Blend it with some natural honey and muesli for a perfect healthy smoothie.
Say cheers to good health with a bowl of yogurt every day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi doctor yesterday doctor told to me I have hormones problem is there means pcos I removed after coper-t this problem came any harm my hormones for coper-t please tell me we are trying for 2nd baby so please tell me how many months after I will conceive now 11 months over coper-t removed.
Periods, on their own, can be very uncomfortable but sometimes it can also trigger a rash making it all the more uncomfortable. This is a common problem faced by women who use commercial pads or sanitary napkins during this period. This is because they contain plastics, scents and chemicals that can irritate the sensitive skin in your genital area. Here are a few tips to help you deal with these rashes:
Change Your Pads Regularly: Whether your flow is light or heavy, the same pad should not be worn for more than 4 to 6 hours. Change your pads even if your pad does not look full once this time has passed. Along with menstrual blood, sanitary napkins also soak up sweat and bacteria. The groyne area is naturally moist and warmer than the rest of your body making it the ideal condition for bacteria to grow. Changing your pad regularly keeps these bacteria from multiplying.
Consider Alternatives: One of the main reasons pads cause rashes is because they rub against the skin and this friction irritates the skin. Hence, consider alternatives like tampons and menstrual cups that do not rub against the skin. You could also try cloth pads made using natural unbleached cotton.
Wear Right Underwear: Avoid synthetic underwear and use the only cotton while you are on your periods. This allows the skin to breathe and keeps moisture from building up inside the underwear. Also, ensure that your underwear fits well and can hold your pad in place.
Clean Well: Do not use wipes or tissue to clean your genital area but instead wash gently with water a few times a day. Once washed, dry the skin thoroughly before putting your underwear on. Do not use any type of soap, body wash or scents in the area. Also, avoid bubble baths and saunas.
See a Doctor: In some cases, a rash can also be a symptom of herpes or a vaginal yeast infection. If you alternate between pads and tampons, a rash could also be a sign of toxic shock syndrome. Hence, if the rash persists for a few days, consult a doctor. Your doctor can prescribe a topical cream to be used to relieve the itchiness and inflammation depending on the rash. You could also use an anti-chafing cream on your bikini line. Diaper rash cream is an over the counter cream that usually works well in such cases.
If you wish to discuss any Specific problem, Consult a Gynaecologist.
With age comes numerous health complications. Arthritis is one such complication that affects many people, especially, in their old age. However, it will be wrong to generalize, for arthritis can, and have affected many young people as well. Arthritis of the foot can be equally unpleasant. In this type of arthritis, the joints of the foot are affected. The feet bear the whole weight of the body. Thus, with time, or an injury can damage and breakdown the joint cartilages. As a result, a person will experience pain and difficulty in walking.
As already known, there are 28 bones and as many as 33 joints present in each foot. In foot arthritis, the soft tissue (synovium) that lines these joints in the foot gets inflamed. Though arthritis can occur in any of the joints, the foot joints mostly affected include
- The first metatarsophalangeal joint (The great toe).
- The metatarsocuneiform joint (midfoot).
- The tibiotalar joint (ankle).
- The subtalar or talocalcaneal joint, the calcaneocuboid joint, and the talonavicular joint (hindfoot).
Symptoms of Foot Arthritis:
As seen in most types of arthritis, a person with foot arthritis may experience
- Moderate to excruciating pain in the feet.
- Stiffness and swelling in the joints.
- Difficulty in walking and moving (i.e. the movement gets restricted).
Types of Foot Arthritis:
- Osteoarthritis: In foot osteoarthritis, there is a breakdown (or damage) of the joint cartilage due to continuous wear and tear.
- Post-traumatic arthritis: The trigger for post-traumatic arthritis may be a foot injury (recently or in the past) like fracture or sprain, ligament tear.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: It is an autoimmune condition where a person's own immune system attacks and damages the cartilage, resulting in inflammation of the synovium.
- Gout Foot: In this type of arthritis, there is an accumulation of uric acid crystals in the foot joints. The Gout Foot is a painful and uncomfortable condition that can completely disable a person.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Do not neglect any pain or swelling in the feet. A timely diagnosis will make the treatment effective. Foot arthritis can be diagnosed by
- Physical examination.
- X-ray of the affected area and joint.
- Imaging tests like the CT scan and MRI can also help diagnose foot arthritis.
Treatment for foot arthritis may be time taking. Depending on the severity, doctors may suggest surgical or non-surgical treatments. The various non-surgical treatments include
- Corticosteroids go a long way in reducing the inflammation. Thus, patients with foot arthritis are given corticosteroid injections in the joints.
- NSAIDs (Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs), as well as analgesics, provide great relief from swelling and pain.
- Braces may be used to support to the inflamed joint(s).
- In foot arthritis, wearing the right footwear is important. Custom-made shoes, arch supports, shoe supports, and pads can also help improve the condition.
If the non-surgical treatments fail to produce the desired result, doctors may opt for surgical treatments like
- Joint replacement surgery
- Fusion surgery: Here, the bones are fused together using plates, rods, screws.
In addition to the above treatments, a person will need
- Physiotherapy and exercises (as advised by the doctor or physiotherapist).
- Maintain a healthy body weight and eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Women should not wear heel shoes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!