Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
She is married and has itchiness and redness problem near her inner vagina lips from where she pee (I. E itchiness on heart shape lips). Itchiness starts any time there is no connection with her sexual life. She used to treat it with dettol and warm water. But as it happens again and again she wants a a perfect solution. please suggest her a medicine or lotion or anything else which do not harm her.
In my career of clinical practice spanning three decades I have seen best results emerging out of'parpati treatment' administered to patients suffering from so called incurable diseases in modern drug practice. However, prolonged procedural use and food protocol has to be strictly followed in order to get best of ayurvedic wisdom. Often slow pace of treatment has a repulsive attitude in patients not to opt for such treatment.
In my opinion, slow treatment without side effects, is far better than taking toxic drugs which give instant relief but on the other hand is sure not to cure the disease even when used for prolonged times.
It is a disease in which the small intestine is hypersensitive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food.
Irritable bowel syndrome:
A widespread condition involving recurrent abdominal pain and diarrhoea or constipation, often associated with stress, depression, anxiety, or previous intestinal infection.
A chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae.
Parpati has an important place in rasakalpas. Parpati is the form which is obtained in flakes, gets disintegrated in the body at the level of grahani. Hence it is specifically being used in grahani related disorders and is effective in correcting appetite. This dosage form is specially designed to show its action directly in the grahani region i. E. In the duodenum region. During the process of making parpati kalpa the ingredients are subjected to heat and melted. This molten mixture is further allowed to cool by pressing it between two banana leaves over two cowdung cakes.
The process is such that the agni gets locked into the parpati kalpa making it to act best in disorders related to agnimandya. The dosage form is such that it does not act in the stomach but instead starts its action in grahani i. E. Duodenum. Panchamruta parpati contains parad and gandhak while shweta parpati is devoid of both parad and gandhak. The shodhan of the ingredients and the amount of heat to which the mixture is subjected is meticulously monitored to maintain the standard and consistency in the quality of the product.
But please take these medicines under supervision of a qualified vaidya i. E. Aurveda doctor.
Hi. M planning for a baby from last year but unable to conceive. I have a pcod with regular cycle. Doc recommended clomiphene from last 4 cycles and m taking glyciphage 850 twice daily and ecosprin 75 mg. Pls suggest what should I do. Also I have undergone for tube test and both tubes are open. Nd my husband sperm count is 50 percent active.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 26 years old married from last 10 months my last period due date was 6aug I waited for a week and then did a pregnancy test which was positive we are not comfortable having a baby now what should I do. Is it legal to abort a baby .plz help.
This question is for my wife, She has started lower abdominal pain after periods, The pain start from, 7th days after periods and lasts when next period start. We are not getting physically from last six months, Is this menstrual cramp or anything else. Give me right solution.
Hello, I am 20 years old. I had a sex on my 1st and my last periods date is april 3rd, now I think I am pregnant but I am not sure about that. I need to know whether I am pregnant or not!
My wife is 19 yrs old, she had her periods 10 days back, got stopped after 7 days, but today again she has got periods. Worried that i had an unprotected sex while she was on periods, since then even i' m going through back to back illness since then still got an sore throat badly with fever. Eagerly waiting for your reply. Thanking you.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.