Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudershan SabherwalYour feedback matters!
Sir, I would like participate in sex with other ladies (high profile) with condom. Is it safe ful. Tell me what precautions to be taken.
I have pcod ever since menses started. May ge because of poor diet. I have now started taking it seriously and taking ayurvedic medicines. Is ayurveda successful in pcod treatment?
Crunchy, juicy, tasty and filled with goodness, fruits are nutrition powerhouses. There are a few statements doing the rounds on the internet that have scared people into believing that fruits can be eaten at certain times only. Let us separate the facts from the myths to put you at ease
- Should fruits be eaten on an empty stomach? The argument that myth mongering articles seem to put out there is that fruits are most beneficial if eaten on an empty stomach. This is partially true. There are no added benefits of eating fruits on an empty stomach per say. Contrary to claims that it can help aid weight loss, this can work if you fill yourself with fruits and hence consume lesser calories via your meal.
- Should fruits not be eaten with other foods? The big myth perpetrated out there is that if you mix fruits with your meals, it will make you bloat. The argument provided is that fruits digest faster than other food and mixing of the two can lead to unwanted side effects as the body has trouble digesting the carbohydrates in fruit when mixed with other foods. This is reality is not true. Think about it. If our stomach is incapable of digesting mixed meals, we would not be able to digest most foods as our meals are generally a combination of nutrients like vegetables, fibre, carbs and protein.
- Should fruits not be eaten after meals? This is a big one floating out there. Fruits are high in sugar content. When eaten after a meal, the sugar feeds the bacteria aiding the fermentation process in the stomach. The stomach produces high concentrations of hydrochloric acid to break down the food. This is a hostile environment that does not let the food stay long enough for bacteria to colonize or reproduce.
- Does eating fruits at the wrong time produce gas in the stomach? In reality, gas is produced by the colon and not the stomach. While certain fruits may cause a reaction resulting in feeling gassy, it has nothing to do with your food content.
- What is the science behind the false alarms: A lot of diets focus not only on what you eat but how you eat it in combination with other food. An Ayurvedic diet, for example, recommends that you eat fruits separately from other foods, especially proteins. Most myths have stemmed out from specific advice given in specific cases which have been generalized to increase the scare factor. According to the British Journal of Nutrition, combing citrus fruits with rice increases the body's absorption of iron. Other studies have shown that combining certain berries with legumes increases the antioxidant property in each food. Compared to traditional desserts like cakes and cookies, fruits instead add nutrition and fiber and fill your sweet tooth craving. So it all depends on what your dietitian advises you.
Fruits can be a great source of nutrition in our daily diet. To know which ones can give you the most benefit, consult a doctor today.
I am married and we are trying for a baby. My wife's last period was on November 2nd. Can you please suggest that on what all days should we have intercourse to get a successful pregnancy?
You may lead a busy life and may have the responsibility of a career or a business and may also have to worry about paying up bills and instalments at the end of every month. All in all you may be completely tied up with the monotony of life and may be seeking some relief from all the problems and the only thing that may really come to your mind may be carnal pleasure and not just making yourself happy, but real and energized sex with your romantic partner.
While it may be very exciting to think about indulging in sex and trying out new things with the person you love. A lot of people hear stories and myths about the pain that accompanies sex and often feel apprehensive about getting on with the experience because of the fear of pain. However, when you are ready for your pleasurable experience and need to learn a few things and beat a few myths, it may help if you choose to meet a doctor who may be able help you learn a lot more about the pain.
Myth and facts:
One of the biggest myths that is prevalent in the world of sex is that males experience pain during intercourse, if the vaginal opening is excessively small, which is when the penis may have to be forced inside.
The fact is that vaginal openings are meant to be flexible and can accommodate a regular sized penis without causing much trouble. While you may have to put in some more effort than usual, it is not a painful process.
However, it is also a fact that males do experience pain during intercourse in a lot of cases and the reasons may be completely unrelated to the size of the vaginal opening. A lot of males suffer from different health issues due to which the act of sex becomes a painful one.
The problems and the treatment:
One of the most common problems that a lot of men face is the problem with the foreskin. Some may have issues with the foreskin by birth and others may develop the issues due to other health problems such as diabetes. Another major problem that a lot of males go through may be deformities, where the penis may not be shaped normally and may have a bend or arch because of which penetration during sex may become painful. Other problems that may be a cause for pain during sex in men may be the presence of STDs, allergies or injury. In all cases, it may help to seek the advice of a doctor who may specialize in the field and may be able to give you natural medication such as Ayurvedic solutions and help you come out of the problem.
My age is 34. After my delivery my weight increases due to thyroid. That time my weight 84 kg. So I request you please help me that how can reduce my weight ?
Mera ayurvedic treatment start h Muje pcod h maine sonography karwa jisme right ovarian vol, 14. 9 cc size 37×19×40 mm Left ovarian 14. 4 cc size 40×19×34 mm please batao kya ye normal h please pregnancy hold ho pa rahi please rpy hindi language.
I was suffering from irregular periods because I had consumed ipill frequently my gynaecologist advised me to take femilon I took it for one month and the next month I did not have irregular periods but now I again recently took 2ipill in a week and from two days I am again suffering from periods I had my last period on 28october and 15november I again had periods so I am thinking to start dosage of femilon again and permanently stop contraceptives Will that be fine.
I am pregnant from 2 month 3rd month is going on Is cherry pear apple legs are better fr pregnant lady.
My wife is 26 female. We Got married before nine months but she did not conceived yet. She had two months before UTI and have history of pcod. Amh test showed 11.4. Before 4 months. Presently on melmet 500 SR. UTI is treated now. Please suggest.
Hello I am 12 weeks of pregnancy and I feel like eating only sweets, is it safe to eat sweets n dark chocolates all the time, please kindly help me.
Mam. My periods is 3 day late from the actual date. What should I have to. M in a tension. please tell me. This is the first time..
Have you ever heard that one got pregnant from the sex done with cloths on? I had sex with three layers of clothing, she had two layers. But while humping I cummed in my underwear. Pregnancy possible?
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions-'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria-induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.
Mujhe periods ki bahut dikkat he mc regular nhi hoti 1 ya 2 month gap ho jata he to uske liye mujhe koi solutions do aap pls.
Hello I am 29 years old I got married on 14 Jan 2017. I got my thyroid levels checked two weeks ago it's was tah 8.59 while t3 t4 were normal after two weeks I repeat it again now it is 7.43 while t3 t4 are normal .symptoms are hair loss ,irregular periods ,tiredness. Four months back I was diagnosed with left ovarian cyst .kindly suggest something.
I am 21 old last time (on 12th june 2016) me and my girlfriend had a protected sex. Every time she get her date on 28th of the month, but this time she did not get her date. I am very tensed about her. Would you please tell me why it happen like that.
Hi my problem is that I had fungal infection in my vagina I don't know when it start I take too much antibiotics and vaginal cream also. Now I want to conceive please tell me how can .we are trying from 6 months but no positive result can I pregnant now or not. please help me.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.