Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudershan Sabherwal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudershan SabherwalYour feedback matters!
There are many changes that take place in our face and body as we start ageing. While the face starts to show the signs of ageing earliest-in the form of wrinkles and fine lines as well as a sagging chin and neck, the effect of ageing on the body might be slightly late. The skin may sag or you may end up putting on weight in various parts of the body like upper arms, which may look unsightly and bring down your level of confidence as well. Signs of ageing can often make you shy away from living your life to the fullest.
For the sagging upper arms, one can always get a procedure called an Arm lift. This is also called a Brachioplasty. This is a cosmetic procedure that can be conducted to tighten the skin of the arms from the elbow upwards. Let’s see how this procedure works.
What does it do?
- Excess fat tends to accumulate in both arms togather with weight gain. Person face laxity in this area after massive weight loss or with body ageing.
- Arm Lift is a surgical procedure to tighten the skin in the arms through the removal of excess fat deposits as well as skin.
Who can opt for this surgery?
Any person who is medically fit having arm disfigurement can opt for this procedure. Patients who have signs of ageing or excessive weight gain are the best candidates for this kind of surgery. Also, it may be used by the patients who are suffering from sagging skin after losing a great deal of weight which may lead to an appearance of bat’s wings on the sides.
How is this procedure conducted?
This surgical procedure is conducted by a Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon. It’s a day-care procedure. The doctor begins by marking the various areas of concern having excess fat and flabby skin. Thereafter, the doctor proceeds to remove the excess skin so that the arms are tightened getting more youthful look. This is done under anaesthesia to make patient pain-free. The skin that is removed is usually shaped like an ellipse. In many cases, there may be a need to conduct a liposuction if the patient has excess fat as well. Once the excess skin has been removed, skin edges are approximated with meticulous sutures with various Plastic Surgery techniques.
Recovery usually takes 5-7 days. Person can resume routine activities from very next day. Sometimes you might be advised a pressure garment for better outcome.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
From sex to pregnancy to vomit .how long did this period occur. Is this time takes a month or 10-12 days plzz answer.
I am a 27 years old female. I have been on contraception pills (Novelon) for about 1.5 years now. I have a steady partner and till date, my withdrawal bleeding would start on Day 4 of my pill free week. However, during this month's pill free week, we had mutual intercourse and he ejaculated inside. I knew I was protected from pregnancy during the pill free week but as we rely on pull out method, I decided to take an iPill. But after that, I didn't get my withdrawal bleeding. 2 more days left before I start a fresh pack of my contraceptive pills. Should I be worried?
The way a human body works is tricky; to enable proper digestion and to feel fit throughout the day it is best to have a balanced diet. Things that you consider nutritious could be gnawing at your digestive tract. A person could be suffering from acid reflux, continual stretches of diarrhea or constipation, gastroesophageal reflux or an irritable bowel syndrome; kinds of food being consumed should be reviewed and altered as a basic remedy to these health problems.
- Stay away from acidic fruits: A fruit that is acidic in nature will have acidic effects on the digestive system. Acidic fruits should, therefore never be consumed in large amounts. Acid of any kind has a corrosive effect on our internal organs and hence should not be taken on an empty or an upset stomach. Lemons, oranges, tomatoes and other citrus fruits fall under this category of food.
- The myth about milk: Milk contains lactose that is hard to digest. People with lactose intolerance face the results right after consuming milk or other dairy products. Aged people face more difficulties in digesting milk. Dairy products when eaten in excess can result in gas, bloating or diarrhea. It is time you stopped believing in the myth milk is anything, but bad for digestive health.
- Processed wheat is not healthy at all: Bread is the easiest way of making a meal for yourself. However, its effects on your digestive system and your overall health are in no way good. Processed wheat can constipate you as it lacks in fiber. It contains added preservatives that can be harsh on your stomach.
- Ignore that soft corner for fries: While your stomach needs to be provided with food from time to time it also needs to be emptied. Fried food prevents emptying of the stomach. They tend to remain in the digestive system for long making you feel bloated and uneasy.
- Red meat and unhealthy fats will ruin digestion: Most of us like eating red meat and other kinds of fat such as butter, ghee, cheese and ice- creams. These fats are hard to digest and they result in recurrent stomach contractions. Stomach contractions can further lead to two extremes; you can be constipated for a few days or might have diarrhea.
I had my last period on 7 April and I had an unprotected sex with my bf on 13 April. I had an ipill immediately after that. After a week I got my virginal bleeding I had done blood test which was negative. Since I did not got my periods on expected date so I did the blood test which was negative and took deviry 2 whole packs. And now it's 20 I am having very bad leg pain. Which is the symptoms of periods. When will I get my periods. Today it's the 8 day after stopping that tablet.
When can upt be done. If lmp was on 19th September, and the act was on 28th October, cycles are very irregular.
Four years completed but I did not get pregnant. I have thyroid problem but Now it is in control (normal) so Is there any way to get pregnant fast? And period cycle also good. Every month 3rd I was getting the periods so please tell me which time is better to have sex and how to know the ovulation time/day.
‘Probiotic’ is one of the most popular word in health food industry today. The health food and grocery stores today are full of options on probiotic food and drinks. The literal meaning of probiotic is ‘for life’. Probiotics in scientific terms are microorganisms who provide enormous health benefits when consumed. In normal terms, they are friendly bacteria needed for our body to maintain a healthy gut.
Yogurt is one such super healthy food made by adding friendly bacteria to the milk. Doctors recommend eating a bowl of yogurt (400 gms) every day. Being a dairy product, Yogurt is not only packed with Calcium and Protein, it is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B2, B12, Riboflavin, Potassium, Phosphorous and Magnesium.
Let’s now look at some well researched health benefits of yogurt:
Yoghurt is effective in the prevention of Osteoporosis. This calcium rich food serves great benefits when fortified with Vitamin D. Look for yogurt with a boost of vitamin D as consumption of Calcium and vitamin D on a regular basis can aid in the prevention of Osteoporosis.
Many of us need to consume antibiotics in sickness to eliminate the infection. However, antibiotics not only kill disease causing, but good bacteria as well. Thus, it is very beneficial to consume yogurt especially when on antibiotics to help our body replenish lost nutrients and good bacteria.
Yogurt has now emerged as a beauty ingredient. A lot has been said about yogurt and weight management as well as its skin care benefits. A lot of beauty products now boost of yogurt goodness. Eat Yogurt and apply a yogurt mask for a spotless glowing skin!
Yogurt can leave you feeling full for long as it has high-quality protein. Thus, it can be a great snacking option. These days, yogurt occupy a big place in the food industry. We have many options over the counter from frozen yogurt, sweetened or flavored ones, smoothies to thick Greek yogurts. Though they are all great options to have, it is important to go for trusted brands and read the ingredients before you buy. Nutritionists, however, recommend fresh homemade yogurt over the ready-made ones to reap their maximum benefits.
There are many ways to add variety to your yogurt bowl every day. Whip it up with some fresh fruits; add ground flax seeds or nuts for a boost of Omega-3. Blend it with some natural honey and muesli for a perfect healthy smoothie.
Say cheers to good health with a bowl of yogurt every day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.