Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudershan DeYour feedback matters!
Can person sufferings from blood cancer can be cured by bone marrow transplant? If yes how it can be possible?
I have been diagnosed with enlarged prostate. PSA test a month back showed 24.62. Presently on 1 capsule of Urimax. 4 a day. Is it OK or needs else to be done.
Can women get colon cancer? Would drinking more water help with my indigestion? Could I still have gall stones if I'm a healthy young male? I have constipation and bloody stool, is this alarming? What are the symptoms of liver disease?
I'm 22 year old girl having a breast pain on right side? i'm soo worried please suggest me what to do?
Hello, I am 45 years old. My father diagnosed for ca prostate at the age of 59 and he is under treatment. Whether I will get the disease as hereditary? what precaution I have to take? any tests have to be done periodically? kindly advise.
This is a form of epithelial cancer and is a lose called eating cancer
Symptoms:- it first appears on the nose as a hard, dusky red sore and spreads in ulcerative form destroying the tissues till the bones are exposed. This affect women 10 time more than men. It usually appears in women between the age. Nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain may accompany. It is an ulcerative skin disease and requires a very long-term treatment. Sensitivity to sunlight is usually present. Lupus is caused by disruption of body waste disposal system from failure of special enzyme d nasil, which fails to remove wastes from the body.
The disease is easily noticeable as it is outside the body on the the skin and biopsy is performed to confirm it.
If possible, the affected portion of the body is cut out.
I suggest homoeo doctor consult and homoeo treatment best.
We have mouth cancer over for two days. What should do we? We have headache over for four days. What should do we?
Normally cancer is deducted at the end stage or well developed stage, is there any test to deducted the early stage cancer. This information will be useful to many.
Am I more at risk to cancer if my relatives have cancer? What are the stages of cancer? What are the symptoms of cancer?
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers
E-coli infection treated with 21 days of ofloxacin 200 and now I am feeling somewhat okay. My prostate and other related parts are normal in shape and size. My doctor advised me to take ALFOO 10 mg for 30 days. Is it ok to take? I am taking it for past 2 days why alfoo is prescribed when I am ok with size of prostate and other related parts, can someone explain briefly please.
I am 62 year old. In the uterus 2nd stage cancer. I want to know, if I treat it with radiotherapy, can it remove permanently for lifelong.
Hiii, this is Gaisul azam, 18 year old and I want to make documentries on cancer so I want every detail about cancer, types, description, cause, cure. Each detail.
My mom had breast carcinoma surgery before 2 years followed by chemotherapy Tumor is of T2 N1. Since that chemotherapy we didn't want for check up. Is there is need to go for checkup. I'm very concerned about it.
What is cancer? Is there any medicines for this disease? Is there any prevention methods. If yes please tell me doctor. Thank you in advance.:)
Flax seeds prevent Breast Cancer
Flaxseeds contain several beneficial plant compounds:
1. Lignans: Lignans are present in almost all plants, acting as both antioxidants and phytoestrogens. Flaxseeds are the richest known dietary source of lignans. These nutrients function as phytoestrogens.
Phytoestrogens are plant compounds that are similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. They have weak estrogenic and antioxidant properties
Lignans are fermented by bacteria in the digestive system and may reduce the growth of several cancers, especially hormone-sensitive cancers such as breast, uterus and prostate cancers.
They have been linked to a decreased risk of heart disease and metabolic syndrome, since they reduce the amount of fat and glucose in the blood.
Phytoestrogens also help lower blood pressure and reduce oxidative stress and inflammation in the arteries.
2. P-Coumaric Acid: This polyphenol is one of the main antioxidants found in flaxseeds.
3. Ferulic Acid: This antioxidant may help to prevent several chronic diseases.
4. Cyanogenic Glycosides: These substances may form compounds called thiocyanates in the body, which can impair thyroid function in some people.
5. Phytosterols: Related to cholesterol,phytosterols are found in the cell membranes of plants. They have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects in the body.
Flax Seeds are very easy to incorporate into the diet. Grinding them is the best way to make the most of their health benefits.