Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subodh GuptaYour feedback matters!
I have black marks on my face for more than a year! I badly wanna get rid off it! Please tell me how to remove it effectively?
I am getting itching, rashes and spot marks on my body and it it so below neck and above waist in my body even in tha back. If would be very grateful to get your suggestion on this.
Hii Dr. can you say the name of the best suns cream & moisturizing that I should use to become fair m 17 years n have little sensitive skin.
My lips are getting black. I smoke cig. What should I apply to make it pink. I want to get reed of that black spots.
I have problems with my lips .my lips got dark even I dnt smoke at all. But it seems that I am a chain smoker. I want make it shining and light reddish as it was in childhood :) Pls let me know even lips skin is very dull.
I have black spot as well as darkness on my face. I used scar removal cream for 1 year but didn't see any change. So what should I do?
Have foreskin problem. Consulted three skin doctors. Now feferred to urologist for circumcision. I am 70 years. Is it safe. Am I have to be admitted. How much time it will take to be normal. Is it covered under insurance
My skin is black I want to make it fair I am applying melaglow nowadays and it is getting fair but my question is that which face wash would be better for getting my skin fair.
My problem regarding fungal infection under the foreskin with white patches formation even after cleaning daily. Whom should I consult? General physician, Dermatologist or sexologist.
The kidneys are responsible for the elimination of waste from the body. The blood is filtered in the kidneys and all toxic wastes are filtered out and excreted through urine. When this filtration does not happen effectively, a lot of waste can be found in the blood, which affects normal body function.
Kidneys may lose their functioning either due to age, injury, or disease conditions. Whatever the reason, when kidney function is hampered, the body suffers. If there was an injury or congenital problem, it could be unilateral and the non-affected kidney could still do the function. However, if it is infection or old age, normally both kidneys are affected and then replacement should be looked for externally. This is where a kidney transplant comes into the picture.
What is it?
It is a surgery where a healthy, functioning kidney is placed into the body. The donor could be
- Living: These donors have to be related or unrelated. Related is often termed someone, who is a family member and is willing to donate one kidney (one kidney is sufficient for normal, healthy individuals) to the diseased person.
- Cadaver: If a person is willing to donate kidneys post death, these are used for transplant, within a specified time.
Identifying the right donor and recipient:
- Blood type and tissue type should be matched; a good tissue type match improves the chances of success
- Overall health of the donor to ensure there is no heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes
- The recipient also should be healthy
What to expect during surgery?
- Once a donor is identified, in living donors, the surgery to remove the kidney and to transplant it are done simultaneously
- The surgery usually takes about 3 to 4 hours
- Antibiotics are given prior to the surgery to prevent infection
- The blood vessels and ureter are connected back to the kidney after the transplant
- Hospital stay can range from 5 days to 2 weeks, depending on the overall health of the patient and the anticipated risk of rejection.
- Most transplanted kidneys work effectively almost immediately. A kidney stored from a cadaver may take a little longer compared to a fresh kidney from a living donor
- People who have had transplants are put on immunosuppressants on a chronic basis to reduce chances of rejection. The new kidney will always be recognised by the body as a foreign body, and so this is essential.
Kidney transplant success rates are quite high, and more and more people are opting for transplants as opposed to dialysis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.