Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subodh GargYour feedback matters!
My son he is 12 years old. The problem is about not growing his height and weight. He is too weak. Suggest me about his improvement.
I have 6 months old baby boy. Past few weeks onwards I'm suffering for rashes sometimes on my shoulder sometimes on waist and other parts of my body it's itching after one day it's vanished and started new place like my legs. May I know why
Hi doc, my baby is 6 and half months old. We are living in Bangalore. I am giving my baby ragi 2 times a day. I heard that giving more ragi will cause fits in babies. Climate is also too cold here. Pls suggest.
While india is racing towards the no 1 country having the most number of diabetic patients, though the knowledge regarding the general guidelines about diabetes care, or dos and dont's to follow is lacking on a very large scale patients and that includes the most literate persons also.
There are a few things that matters the most which are as follows:
1) diet: most patients are in knowledge that the diet should be restricted in sweets. But rarely anybody knows that only restriction of food that taste sweet will not do the needed.
The food high in carbohydrates also must be included in the list as carbohydrates are the first line source of the body's energy store to convert them in to sugar.
E. G. Rice, potatos, bananas, or over ripen fruits.
And advice is to take them in minimum quantity instead of completely banning them.
Again how to eat? the advise is to divide your large meals in to smaller meals at the interval of 3-4 hours. Avoid eating too much at a time. Diabetes patients also should not indulge in fasting too much.
2) exercise: now many knows that diabetes is having two types: insulin dependent and insulin independent.
In the first type there is actual lack of effective circulating insulin, while the second types does have most of the time considerable amount of insulin to be used but the effectiveness is reduced. Because of the increased amount of fat deposition around cells. In that case doing prescribed exercise will not only help build the general health but by reducing the fat layer around the cells it helps the insulin to reach its effector cells and do its functions normally. Thats why exercise is one of the crucial key points in the diabetic regime.
3) regular investigation: this a very major dilema in many patients that I have observed throughout my practice. Many of the patients don't go for investigation in the fear that what if the blood sugar level comes abnormal. At that point I could remember a saying" if a cat drinks milk with the eyes closed, it doesn't mean that world does not see it.
If its already abnormal then by going for the investigation will make you aware and you can take proper preventive steps to by pass any complications that might have fall upon you.
So advise isto go for the regular blood sugar checkup at least once every two months for those whose levels remains under the normal range and often if it is uncontrolled.
And one should also think of investigated for hba1c every 3-4 months as it will give general idea of the glycemic control.
4) general prevention of complication and specific cares:
By following the above mentioned points you could easily prevent the major complications. But there are also some specific cares you should not ingnore:
Like get examined for any underlying heart condition, or opthalmic conditions, or the like, or kidney problems, or neurological involvement.
Out of these one that I care the most and patients ingnore the most is foot care:&nbsp;
Why is this important: as our feet not being a vital organ we usually ignore but it can be a reason for a very major complication and even can be fatal.
Because of diabetes there are very chances that any injury will not heal at a normal pace and if not taken a due care then it can turn into gangrene. Which we all know that leads to amputation and life long being a handicap.&nbsp;
Because of poor supply and other vascular degeneration it can cause deep vein thrombosis means the veins in you leg gets obstructed by clotts and if such clott dislodges from there and gets in to the circulation then whenever it gets deposited it causes a grave complication like myocardial infarction (heart attack), stroke (paralysis), or other organs can also get affected.
These were some important topics that I thought the general population should know so that they can educate themselves and minimize their emergency visits to the doctors.
Being a homeopath I cannot restrain myself to propogate homeopathy because it is as a true notion that a harmless and gentle treatment, less costly than any other mode of treatment (directly or indirectly), very easy to follow (just few white sugar pills and drops of medicines), prevents the above mentioned complications, and not only that also improves the general health.
There are some homeopathic medicines well proved to be very effective and unquestionable positive effects:
E. G:- syzigium jambolanum, cephalendra, abroma augusta, uranium nitricum, phosphoric acid etc.
Note: above mentioned medicines are very useful and anybody can try but the advise is to consult the specialist as the doses and the repititions needs to be regulated case specifically.
If we identified the hearing loss early, child can start rehabilitation early and they can grow like normal kid. They can go to normal school.
My daughter is 19 months old. She is suffering from persistent diarrhoea of 7 to 10 days. She has been recommended ZnD, Zeedott, Benegut, Pedialyte. Worried about my little one as her intakes are very less. Urine output is also low. Though she is active but fussy about eating. Concerned about management of situation. We are trying to give her chaach, coconut water, khichdi, soup, soya milk etc. But she is not having it much.
My babe girl have some daharia like problem after every 15 to 20 days air suggest me what can I do for my child to avoid this problem. Dr. Advice me avoid mother feeding give them lactogen for few days.
My daughter is 6 month old. She got high fever. After doing blood test cpr was 104. After 3 days increase to 271. Then came to know that she has brain infection by CSF. Please advice what could be the reason for this ?
I am 27. I had c-section delivery. My baby is 5 month old. Is it safe for him to consume green coffee during breastfeeding?
Yellow sticky discharge coming from left eye of my 50 days old baby. What is the reason for it? What to do for it?
Not eating well, and always drinking soft drink everyday causes eating disorder right? Then eating disorder leads to hormonal balance. Which causes breast tenderness, nausea, abdominal pain, dizziness (sometimes) hungry or craving, unable to breath properly, irritated, depression, urinating frequently w/ small amounts, skips menstrual period, bloated tummy, cannot sleep well, always farted gas out and suddenly just feel cold? Right? Plsss help. Just type in YES OR NO and a explanation! pls.
My baby girl is of 11 month and she intakes little diet of milk of around 50-60 ml and not gaining weight although she is an active child. She around 8 kg also discharge urine multiple multiple time frequently. Stools discharge takes around 4-5 days on average. No current medicine / supplement going on.Please help sir.
My daughter is 1.2 year old. She is not having her food in time. Only bottle milk feeding 5 to 6 times a day. Before a month she had food, juices etc but now she is not ready to eat anything. Is there any reason for not having food?
My child is 10 years old she got affect digestion problems. So she haven't hungry. What medicines needed her?
I have a 4 month old baby girl. Since her birth I m being advised to give some jari buti like jaifal, harrad, haldi, badaam, gold silver in form of liquid to her. Is it really good to give these things to such a small kid.
ADHD is one of the commonest behavioral disorders that are found in mostly school going kids. In fact, this kind of trouble might affect kid's ability quite adversely. There are a few signs with the help of which ADHD in kids can be easily detected and some of the commonest ones are emotional turmoil, unfinished tasks, squirm and fidget, low focus careless mistakes and other related ones.
Both interpersonal relationship and schooling success can be hampered to a great extent with this kind of mental disorder. This is why the kids facing the mentioned signs need to be thoroughly diagnosed medically so that the doctors can recommend best treatments that can provide fastest recovery and that too safely and easily.
Best tips for tackling ADHD in kids:
- Setting behavior limits: If you make your kids learn how to lead a disciplined life, then appropriate behavioral limits are established. Arrogant child is mostly exposed towards ADHD.
- Staying calm: Child anger should be efficiently controlled otherwise. ADHD cannot be cured. If the kids remain calm and quiet, then only their concentration level will increase, and they can show productive outcomes.
- Setting pressure free structure: Sensible routines and scheduled charts are to be prepared so that unwanted risks can be easily avoided. If the kids are under tremendous pressure, then they might face different kinds of behavioral troubles.
- Allow kids to make wise choices: If you let your kids free, then only they will be able to take right decisions. Kids with a cool mind can take wise decisions that are very much appropriate for upgrading their performances.
- Advocating child: Child advocating is highly needed for maintaining a good and healthy balance. But too much strictness should be avoided so that your kids' behavior can be controlled with ease. This should be done either by parents or tutors so that they can choose the best direction in life.
- Avoid muting any headstrong child: Communicate with your child so that a proper interaction can be maintained. If your child remains silent for too long, then they might face different behavioral troubles.
- Acquiring knowledge about ADHD: Both parents and kids should have equal knowledge about ADHD and then only the probable signs can be easily avoided, and the necessary treatments can be known.
- Being persistent: Persistent behavior is to be maintained, and if you find any deviation in your kids, then you should take them to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.