Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Subhash KakarYour feedback matters!
I am 19 years old. I am male. I have sinus. I am also some fat. I am non-veg how can I reduce the effect of sinus on my body. My blood group is A+ and weight is 75 Kg. I Don't have any smoking or drinking habits. Is there a chance that I will get any other diseases.Please suggest.
Hi dr, I need your help I am in 16 week of my pregnancy n having frequent head and back pain n cold. What should I do also my weight is from starting 70 kg no increase. Also not able to take food without food feeling stomach full. Please advise. Also feeling very dizzy. Please help.
I am 27. Yr old and. I hav severe throat pain and cold too what should I do and I have a allergic of dust allergy please suggest some medicine.
Hi Sir, I am a Male 27, height 5.11, weight 82kgs, I had 2 problems, 1. EAR 2. Nose 1. Ear From past year i m hearing a noisy sound all the day, & itching too in Right ear. I consult to ENT doctor, they taken X-ray's, & said if it will necessary we will do Surgery, But sir i m very scare of surgery, pls pls cure without surgery, 2. Nose My one nossle always block, now a days the doctor suggested to use nassal spray, it will free for 6-7 hrs then i m using again, I have Nose blocking n flow problem from my teenage, doctor sir said it is the main cause for ear damage. Please please help me sir, i will be very thankful you.
My left ear drum was damaged so the fluid and pus was discharged since fast two months, now i cant walk studly,while walking i feel like giddiness it is relevant to ear problem are not, please answer me, thanking you
I am 19 years old and a music vocal student from last 2 months my throat is paining and I can't sing.
Hi sir, I have been suffering with Headache for the past 8 years and rounded several eye hospitals which didn't yield me anything in curing it. Finally a mam has suggested me to consult a Neurologist and I am here. The symptoms are worse and hard to bear when I am affected with Headache. It comes on the either side of the head and results in vomiting sometimes. Neck nerves in-turn pains me and sound like a break of a glass. I couldn't concentrate on my work and hands shiver often. I can't see heavy lights and couldn't bear some smells when I was with Headache. I feel like my BP goes down sometimes and finds dizziness. I feel like so stressed and all my bones make a crazy noise when I stretch out myself for a relax. Walking in Sun, Journey, Nervousness, Sleeplessness are some of the major reasons that brings me headache. I am currently using Grenil and Sibelium prescribed by an eye specialist and I didn't find any change from them. A bad sleep is the only medicine that cures my headache and I thank God for making this available for human kind. Please help me out with necessary steps I need to take before my case goes serious. I hope you would show me a better path in making me lead a healthy life. Thank you.
Sir I would like to get an immediate remedy for my child who is feeling severe pain in his left ear. He was suffering from common Cold and cough for Last 4 days and he was under medication
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required.