Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subhash Jain
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Subhash JainYour feedback matters!
I am 40yrs old. Total cholesterol are 125, HDL is 33 & LDL is 87, Trigi is 106, what will be the medical suggestions for me.
This morning after I woke up I felt a slight pain on the left side chest and arms. But no dizziness or fatigue. Slowly the pain turned to mild numbness and vanished after 1 hour or so. I checked my BP it was 130/90 and pulse 85. Did I feel a heart related pain.
Dear sir, my chest is paining.Like some one is pining in my chest and my upper back is also paining.
I have Been suffering from palpitations for the past three days. Find breathing slightly difficult at times, a constant shortness of breath. The palpitations and shortness of breath increase every time I'm in a tension/stress inducing situation. The palpitations and shortness of breath last throughout the day and no matter what I do it doesn't seem to subside. It's happened multiple times in the past but it's been over a month.
I have no symptoms, but my HDL 65, TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 234, TGL 240, LDL 134, CREATININE 0. 9, URIC ACID 8, BUN 25, FBS 12 HR 103, PPS 97.
I had diabetes, simultaneously my blood pressure remains high. So neither I can eat much of sweet and nor of much salty. Do guide me in my eating habits.
I am taking ramistar 0.25 mg for the past 2 years. My BP was as low as 95/65 (after consuming alcohol). During day time it raises up to 150/90. Please guide me.
I am 29, I am gaining too much weight, I also do hard exercise, go for a walk as well. Some times I can not leave the bed early due to low blood pressure. What should I do.
Food plays a vital role in lowering the cholesterol apart from timely medication. Here is a list of 10 foods that contribute to a great extent in lowering the cholesterol level:
- Oats: Changing the morning meal is the first action you should take. Oatmeal can bring down the LDL level to a staggering 5.3 percent in a matter of 6 weeks. It contains beta-glucan, which is capable of absorbing the LDL present in the blood.
- Red wine: You can cheer to reduced cholesterol with a glass of red wine in hand. A study conducted by the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in Spain found that red wine can reduce the cholesterol level up to 9 percent owing to a vital component known as Rioja present in it.
- Salmon Fish: Fatty and salmon fish contains Omega-3 fatty acids. They are known to be extremely effective for diseases such as dementia, cardiovascular diseases and much more. A study conducted by the Loma Linda University found that Omega-3 can increase the HDL by up to 4 percent.
- Nuts: Nuts can reduce the cholesterol by up to 9.3 percent, a study by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed. 1.5 oz of regular consumption of nuts greatly helps in bringing down cholesterol. Since nuts are very rich in protein, portion control is necessary to refrain putting on weight.
- Beans: A research conducted by the Arizona State Polytechnic University revealed that adding beans to soup can bring down the LDL up to 8 percent. Owing to their rich fibre content, they effectively absorb cholesterol. Some of the beans that can be tried include kidney, black and pinto beans.
- Cocoa: A study conducted by the AJCN reported that the daily intake of cocoa increases the HDL by over 20 percent in 3 months. Due to its high antioxidant content, it streamlines the blood flow and doesn’t let platelets stick together.
- Garlic: 2-3 cloves of garlic per day can dramatically reduce cholesterol-limiting LDL into the artery. It can prevent other conditions such as blood pressure, infections and blood clotting. Garlic can be consumed with any regular dish.
- Olive oil: Olive oil has multiple health benefits. It contains a compound known as MUFAs that lowers cholesterol and helps to get rid of abdomen fats. You can use it with salads, roast vegetables and marinate chicken.
- Avocado: Avocado contains monounsaturated fat that helps to raise the level of HDL and lower the LDL in the body. It contains Beta-sitosterol that absorbs cholesterol and brings down the count of it in the body. Owing to its high-calorie content, portion size should be looked into.
- Margarine: Two margarine can lower the LDL level up to 14 %. They are capable of absorbing cholesterol from the bile. It can be consumed with toast in the morning or as a snack in the evening.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!