Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srishti Agarwal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Srishti AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Laparoscopy, also known as keyhole surgery, is a type of surgery, which involves the usage of small tubes, surgical instruments and video cameras for operations through small incisions or cuts in your body. Though different people experience the surgery differently due to difference in health conditions, there are some points everyone should know about a laparoscopic surgery.
1. The problems that laparoscopy addresses
Conditions like ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis and pelvic inflammatory disorders are generally treated using laparoscopic surgery. Moreover, laparoscopy is also used to remove the gallbladder, appendix, patches of endometriosis or detect adhesions, fibroids and cysts. Also a biopsy of the organs inside the abdomen can be done through laparoscopy.
2. The duration of your stay in hospital
Usually performed on an outpatient basis (release on the same day as the surgery), a laparoscopic surgery may require you to stay overnight at the hospital if your condition requires a complex or lengthy surgery. Moreover, if the doctor feels that a bowel resection or partial bowel resection needs to be performed, you may have to stay at the hospital for a few days.
3. The preparation required pre-surgery
If you are going to have a laparoscopic surgery soon, ensure that you inform your doctor if you are taking any blood-thinners like aspirin or if you are allergic to any medications like anaesthesia. Moreover, let the doctor know if you are pregnant or planning to conceive. After giving all this information to the doctor, strictly follow all the instructions he/she gives you. Also, make sure that someone is available to drop you home after the surgery as you might be too weak or in too much pain to go back home by yourself.
4. Pain management post surgery
Laparoscopy is generally followed by a sore feeling around the cuts as well as shoulder pain. If the pain is unbearable you can ask for medication from your doctor or consider common analgesics. Recovery time for a laparoscopic surgery is only a few days, and to get through this period easily seek the help of a friend or family member to manage your medications and lift your spirits.
5. Restrictions you need to follow during the first couple of weeks
For the first couple of weeks after the surgery, your doctor might ask you to abstain from driving, tub bathing, swimming and having sexual intercourse. Make sure that you follow these rules and get adequate amount of sleep to ensure speedy recovery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
My weight was increasing day by day i'm taking proper diet and i'm doing little bit exercise and walking everyday but my weight was gaining. I want to conceive pregnancy. I am trying for that. Weight gain may cause any problem to get pregnant. Please give me some tips to lose weight.
I am planning for pregnant since 1 year I consult the doctor My endometrial thickness is 7 mm is any problem for pregnancy pls tell me.
Hello Dr. I visit to gycnolostic.In Kuwait. She check me and said my egg size is small she give me injection for making size big of my egg. Dr. I want to what is the standard size of egg and also I want to know what r the natural remedies for making healthy nad diet to improve. Thank you.
Doctor whenever me and my husband have sex. Immediately after sex I weep the semen with a tissue and throw out. It's been 1 years for our marriage but still I am not pregnant doctor. I just wanted to know since because I weep that semen immediately after the sex. I cannot become pregnant or is there any other issues.
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, family history, presenting symptoms, underlying pathology, possible causative factors etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions. A homeopathy doctor tries to treat more than just the presenting symptoms. The focus is usually on what caused the disease condition? Why ‘this patient’ is sick ‘this way’. The disease diagnosis is important but in homeopathy, the cause of disease is not just probed to the level of bacteria and viruses. Other factors like mental, emotional and physical stress that could predispose a person to illness are also looked for. No a days, even modern medicine also considers a large number of diseases as psychosomatic. The correct homeopathy remedy tries to correct this disease predisposition. The focus is not on curing the disease but to cure the person who is sick, to restore the health.
The homeopathic remedies (medicines) given below indicate the therapeutic affinity but this is not a complete and definite guide to the homeopathy treatment of this condition.
None of these medicines should be taken without professional advice and guidance.
Homeopathy Remedies for Appendicitis :
Bell., bry., cadm-s., calc-s., chin., chel., cocc., coloc., con., crot-c., dulc., echi., graph., hep., ign., iris-t., lach., lyc., merc., merc-c., nit-ac., phos., plb., sil., ter.
-Dr Rushali Angchekar
vaibhavi homoeo clinic
I am 15 years girl my periods came on 5th may and ended on 8th may and now it came on 31st may? Why it came on 31st.
Dealing With the Unbearably Itchy Penis
Every man has one thing in common: At some point in their lives, they have suffered from penile itching. It might have been a fleeting incident where the delicate penis skin just kept itching for no apparent reason. Or it might have been a more serious issue, perhaps with something easy to treat, like jock itch - and the problem was resolved with a little extra attention to penis care.
But for some men, the penile itching becomes totally unbearable - to a point where they can think of little else, and nothing they try will make it go away. That's when the typical itchy penis becomes something more serious.
But what could be causing the unbearably penile itching? Here are a few things that could cause the kind of itching that sends a man straight to the doctor for some relief.
1) Serious infections. Sometimes an infection gets out of control, and that's when the penile itching gets out of control, too. A yeast infection can become serious very quickly, as can jock itch that has been allowed to hang around for a while. These infections can lead to serious itching, and once they are out of control and spread around the wider manhood area, it can take a doctor's prescription to help things get back to normal.
2) Lice, scabies and other bugs. Nobody wants to think about creepy-crawlies on their body, especially not their most intimate areas. But unfortunately, there are several types of bugs that can wind up in the groin area and create an unbearably itchy penis situation. In most cases, these bugs must be eradicated with the proper medications, which means a visit to the doctor to figure out what is going on and get the right treatment.
3) Skin conditions. Some skin conditions can cause an itchy penis. Psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis are the top culprits - these conditions are often hereditary or show up in cycles, so it's important to get checked out by the doctor to figure out which problem it is. Each can have a different treatment.
4) Sexually transmitted diseases. One of the biggest culprits of that awful itch is contracting a sexually transmitted disease from a partner. Fortunately, there are many quick and easy tests for most of these infections, so a quick visit to the doctor can result in the proper treatment starting almost immediately.
5) Allergies. Though this often causes an itchy penis situation that resolves quickly, sometimes it lingers for no apparent reason. That's when a man can look to a rarer allergy cause. For instance, penile itching that results from changing the detergent a man uses on his clothing is easily fixed by simply not using that detergent anymore. But if it persists, the allergy might be sparked by something he eats, a medication he has recently begun taking, or even a place he has started to frequent - such as using new towels at the gym.
6) More serious issues. Sometimes penile itching can become unbearable but there appears to be no clear cause, even after a doctor's visit to get a professional opinion. That's when a guy has to look to other reasons that might be causing the problem. Though it is rare to have issues like penile cancer or melanoma, these things do happen - so an itch that just won't go away deserves another look by a dermatologist to rule out these possibilities.
In the meantime, a man can keep the skin of his penis smooth and supple, thus eliminating dryness and easing the itch. This can be done with a good penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A guy should look for a crème that contains Shea butter and vitamin E, two ingredients that help ensure the best possible hydration while a man look for the underlying cause of the itchy penis.
Garlic is just magnificent and phenomenal. I am providing few of the basics known and reliable home remedies for some specific ailments, which you could try at your home .
If you have cold and flu, then take small amount of garlic every day until the infection disappears. Garlic tends to reduce the frequency of colds and flu without any side effects. A suggested dose would be two or three cloves of raw or cooked garlic a day.
We all face horrid acne, blemishes, blackheads during our teens. If you want to reduce it, or if you just want to glow up your skin, then take two cloves of raw garlic regularly with warm water early in the morning. It works as a blood cleanser and clean your system internally. Do not eat chocolates, spicy or oily food during this treatment and rinse your face five times a day with cold water. Drinks lots of water daily to flush off toxic waste from the blood and urinate whenever you feel that your bladder is full .Else, apply a cut clove gently on the affected area only if you have no sensitivity to it.
If you have High Cholesterol Level, use garlic in your food. This is the better way for heart patients to reduce their cholesterol level. Modern medical science suggests one reason that garlic might reduce cholesterol , i.E. "Garlic is a proven anti-oxidant. This property might help to prevent LDL (Low Density Lipo Protein) from being oxidized. In this way the cholesterol build-up that clogs the arteries could perhaps be reduced by garlic.
If you are very fat and want to loose weight, squeeze half lemon juice in one glass of luke warm water and drink it with two cloves of raw garlic regularly twice a day (morning and evening), for about three months. Avoid using starchy foods and fats. Do exercise regularly. You'll amazingly fell a great change in your body.
If you have Wrinkles, and you want to use anti ageing cream, it would be better to use 3 cloves of garlic regularly as it has a powerful antioxidant effect, which help to protect the body against damaging "Free Radicals. Remember, out skin is made up of collagen and it looses elasticity on yearly basis. Therefore, use garlic and do exercise regularly for the positive results.
If you have Earache, put two or three drops of warm garlic oil in the ears.
Take garlic to boosts the weight of babies in the womb. Thus, when they are born, they are heavier than they would have been if you hadn't taken garlic. Some babies are born too small, so garlic is a definite boon in these cases too.
Use two raw garlic daily to reduce the risk of cancer, due to its Anti-Carcinogenic properties. It helps prevent cancerous compounds from forming and developing into tumors. It also inhibits the growth of tumors.
If any insect bites you at the seaside, you just crush the garlic and apply it to the affected area to reduce pain and to remove poison.