Lybrate.com has top trusted Ayurvedas from across India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Srinivasan PandayYour feedback matters!
I have pain at my neck at left back side from last about 7-8 years. I consult many of orthopaedic doctors and get treatment of medicine and physiotherapy.Pain reduce during and after upto sometime of treatment.Is there no any permanent treatment ? Kindly give advice for this. Thanks.
Respected sir/mam which type of treatment should I have to prefer for ed, PE, low libido, low testosterone level Allopathic, ayurvedic or homeopathic m so confused nd worried for starting the treatment that whta should I hv to prefer. So plzzz suggest m sir/mam.
I have some hair fall problem and growing of white hair problem since last 2 years, pls suggest the medicine which is no side effects from the any medicine.
I want to know to my health. I'm 18 year old and my height is not like as 18 year old boy What can I do?
I am 21 year my hands below shoulder part are very fat how to make them thin? Are there any exercise for them to become thin?
Skipping a meal has become a common phenomenon among most working people. You tend to miss breakfast on off days or skip dinner since you are too tired or sleepy. Skipping a meal once in a while may not have any serious effects although making a habit out of it can alter your body metabolism. The way your body reacts to skipped meals varies depending on your age, diet and health. Here are a few negative effects skipping a meal can have on your body-
1. Low brain function - There are times when you choose to compensate for a heavy meal you had by skipping another altogether. Your body weakens even if you skip one meal and subsequently your brain can't function actively and you tend to lose your focus. The brain runs on glucose primarily, hence, you can't think clearly because of low blood sugar level due to skipping a meal. It worsens in case you have made a regular habit out of it.
2. Mood swings and stress - Mood swings and irritable attitude is very common in case you are starving yourself. Due to low blood sugar level in your body, you tend to snap and get easily annoyed. The symptoms worsen if you make it a habit. You tend to get more stressed and face trouble in making decisions. Skipping meals regularly can make you really moody and jittery all the time. You tend to have angry outbursts in situations where you would otherwise deal tactfully.
3. More chances of overeating - Fasting increases the chances of overeating. You may choose to skip a meal as a compensatory act but there are more possibilities that you will end up binging later. Denying your body the appropriate amount of food only makes it crave for more. Most of the times you are likely to end up eating junk food and make up for the skipped meal. It's best to eat proper nutritious meals than loading up on junk food.
4. Gaining weight - There are high chances of gaining pounds if you skip a meal routinely. You tend to overeat usually when your body feels deprived and gives you hunger pangs. If you restrict yourself too much then it interferes with your body metabolism. Your body goes into a survival mode and starts storing everything you consume as fat. That way whatever you eat adds to your waistline and does not do much good.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Why Sodium is So Bad? + How to Control it with Diet
I am 64 years and recently I had undergone bypass surgery to heart but now I am having dental pain dentist told me that my wisdom tooth has to be removed and also she told me that BP and sugar should be under control. In my case Bois 160/90 and sugar is under control kindly advise me what to do.
Having diabetes which important tests should a person do by itself after short intervals to ensure that he is going right.
I am a 27 yr old male, weight 82kgs and height 172 cms. I am having severe knee pain while playing cricket or make a long walk (usually its very rare to make a long walk). So what should I do?
I was suffering from stomach got a tablet from a local medical store had it pain went again after two days it started paining now remember I had some chinese food at a friend party after that pain started to begin it starts I take a tablet it goes and after few days it again come back its getting repeated again and again.
I M having a lot hair fall from last few months. What can I do for that? Is it possible to control the hairfall without any side effects.
Sir. my age is 36 I want to know the actual water intake of body because due to low temp and cold season we are only taking dri fruits and fast foods please advice me properly.
A white painless sore kind of thing that keeps appearing on my inner thigh and pubic area. It takes a couple of days to grow in size and then it cures itself. It's painless and doesn't Itch's at all. I'm really worried? Is it some kinda STD?
Chest congestion is a symptom of cough and cold and may also happen when you have other infections related to the nasal and bronchial tracts. It can erupt into potentially fatal diseases like pneumonia and bronchitis, if not treated on time. Mostly, patients should look at fixing the problem at home before it develops into a full-fledged infection or hazard.
Here are a few home remedies for clearing chest congestion:
- Gargling: A glass of moderately warm water with a teaspoon or two of salt should be used for gargling at least twice a day as this can help in flushing out the bacteria that are present in the throat. It can also clear the mucus from the airways and help in clearing the chest to a great extent. Take care not to drink the water. Tip your head back, gargle and then spit it out into the sink.
- Steam Sessions: Whether it is a hot bath or a mug of your favourite piping hot beverage, there is nothing that a good steam session cannot fix. Take care to avoid exposure to a sudden dip in temperature after you step out of the bath or the shower stall, as this can worsen the situation and lead to a fever. Also, you can have mugs of green tea seasoned with peppercorns, ginger and basil. This concoction will gradually clear the chest and air passages. Taking steam with the addition of eucalyptus oil to steaming hot water, is also a good idea. Cover your head with a towel or a sheet as you inhale - and don't forget to be careful not to spill or tip the vessel.
- Elevation: Keeping your head in an elevated position as you lie down will help in keeping the air passages relatively free of mucus build up which can also eventually lead to chest congestion. Elevation can also help you sleep better.
- Yoga: Breathing exercises for at least ten to fifteen minutes can help in clearing all the passages starting from the nose to the chest.
- Humidifier: Using a humidifier when you sleep can lend some much needed moisture to the air, which can be particularly helpful if you have contracted the chest congestion during the cold and dry wintery months which can lead to heavy, hacking coughs. The use of a humidifier will help you in breathing better as you sleep. You can also add some nasal congestion medication to the slots so that it spreads in the air as you sleep.
For persistent problems and coughing that is accompanied by fever, you must see a doctor for more focused diagnosis and treatment.