Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Srikrishna Das
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Stem Cell Transplant
Submit a review for Dr. Srikrishna DasYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that my Srikrishna Das is the reason. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing gallstones treatment was very relaxing. It has been quite some time that i was suffering from gallstones. The facilities available in the dr Srikrishna Das's clinic are very nice. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. dr Srikrishna Das's clinic has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have gallstones. He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency.
Initially the symptoms of hemorrhoids were not that severe but then it became worse. A friend of mine referred to Dr Srikrishna Das. He is a very practical doctor. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. He is quite knowledgeable. I am quite benefitted with his treatment. It was so quite pleasant in the dr Srikrishna Das's clinic. The dr Srikrishna Das's clinic is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of.
I was suffering from acute abdominal pain for which I chose to consult Dr Srikrishna Das. He told me that I was suffering from Hernia, which was very shocking for me. Due to hernia i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. He has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. The overall atmosphere in the dr Srikrishna Das's clinic is very soothing.
I was suffering from stomach pain for which I chose to consult Dr Srikrishna . I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to him for the perfect advice. He ensures that he listens to his patients. It was an amazing experience as everyone in his clinic is so nice. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing stomach pain treatment was very relaxing.
I recommend the Doctor becoz he take care of every patient issue even to don't ask for. Friendly behavior with professionalism attitude makes him different from rest. Even he solves patient query on telephonic conversation. He believes in giving less trouble to patient. I have gone through hemorrhoid surgery by the same, the things are going better as he had said.
I was suffering from hernia for which I consulted Dr Srikrishna. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. I have had this hernia from quite some time. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results. He is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
Sir you are too good as doctor as well as gud human being
Foot problems can occur due to a number of causes that, in most cases, are easily diagnosed. An orthopedic is a specialized doctor whose advice you should seek if you have any kind of discomfort in one or both of your feet. Discomfort may include chronic or regular pain, difficulty in movement and/or disfigurement. These are generally a result of arthritis, physical injury or a genetic or hereditary condition. In some of the cases, the pain and discomfort can be treated without any surgery, by using medications. However, in extreme cases, where medication, physical therapy, and other such non-surgical methods fail to have any impact, surgery is the only way to go.
These surgeries are less invasive and require a limited recovery time. They are also one of the most successful types of surgery. The surgical procedure is successful in dealing with the main complaints of a foot problem. It successfully treats a foot by,
- Relieving pain: The pain in your feet interferes with your work, making it difficult to carry on with your daily life, affecting your personal and social relationships. Pain often indicates an underlying problem, and it is easier and effective to treat the problem with a surgery, as it relieves you from the chronic pain.
- Restoring function: If your feet do not function properly, it will be impossible for you to move, as they are necessary for mobility. When a simple stride becomes a problem, your whole lifestyle is affected. Accepting defeat is not an option. A good orthopedic can help you to get back to your normal daily life by surgically treating your feet thus ensuring they function properly.
- Improving appearances: Foot deformity, due to a number of reasons such as polio or bone spurs, can lead to a restricted lifestyle. Movement is hampered and so is freedom. Surgically it can be treated and the appearance of your feet can be improved.
Arthritis is also a cause of a number of foot problems. In more cases than not, surgery becomes a necessity to treat your foot. Here are some of the surgeries that cater to arthritis-related foot problems:
- Repairing Fracture: If the fracture is beyond repair by non-surgical methods, surgery is the last refuge for an orthopedic surgeon. Surgery will include repositioning of the bone and the use of supports to keep them in position.
- Arthroscopic debridement: This surgical procedure helps to remove inflamed tissues or spurs from the joint.
- Arthrodesis: Also known as joint fusion, it involves the removal of the ends of the bones at the joint and replacing them with metal pins or screws.
- Osteotomy: The surgical procedure involves realignment of a joint by cutting the bone.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a condition which occurs due to unhealthy food habits and sudden lifestyle changes. This condition causes the stomach acid to travel in a reverse direction and enter the esophagus. If changes in your food habit and lifestyle do not cure you of this condition, then a surgical procedure is recommended.
What are the different surgical methods of treatment for gastroesophageal reflux disease?
The different forms of surgery that can be used to treat this condition have been explained below:
- Fundoplication: Fundoplication is one of the most common surgical methods recommended to patients suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease. The lower esophageal sphincter or LES is tightened with the help of this surgery. The strengthening procedure is accomplished by wrapping the upper part of the stomach around the outer part of the lower esophagus. Both open and laparoscopic surgical options are available for this surgery.
- Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication or TIF: In this surgical procedure you do not have to undergo any incisions. A barrier is made between the esophagus and the stomach. This barrier will work to prevent the acid of the stomach from entering the esophagus. A special device is inserted through the mouth of the patient which helps in creating several folds at the base of the esophagus, these folds form a new valve or barrier. Thus you do not have to undergo any incisions at all if you opt for this procedure. Those who are looking for a non-invasive method to treat their gastroesophageal reflux disease, this procedure is no doubt one of the best.
- Bard EndoCinch System: This is a special type of surgery that is accomplished with the help of an endoscope. Although it is not one of the common methods to treat the problem. In this procedure, several stitches will be made in your lower esophageal sphincter so that they result in the formation of valves.
- Stretta Procedure: This procedure is also performed with the help of an endoscope. But this is an outpatient procedure and you will be discharged on the same day. A flexible tube is inserted into your esophagus and the other end of this tube has an electrode. This electrode will help in heating the tissues of your esophagus. It will also form small cuts in it. The scar tissue that results from this procedure helps in stopping the acid from flowing in the reverse direction. It also strengthens the muscles that are present in the surrounding area.
These surgical procedures are very successful and have the ability to give you long-term results. Many complications such as the inflammation of the esophagus, can be avoided if you opt for a surgical treatment as a cure for gastroesophageal reflux disease.
I am 30 years male while passing stool anus opening bulges out from one side and again goes inside itself after completing stool but not bleeding there is small oval mass near anus opening. What is it n what food will be better to consume.
The outcome and the procedure of an abdominal laparoscopic surgery vary among patients. The extent of the surgery, the length of the procedure, the surgeon, the hospital nursing staff, and a number of other factors vary with each patient.
Moreover, the recovery or the healing time also varies among patients. What applies to one patient may not apply to another. Generally speaking, surgeons will tell you that it takes only a few days to recover from a laparoscopic surgery, but this is not true to specific cases as in many cases, the recovery time has been longer than expected. So, a laparoscopic surgery is subjective to the health of the patient and the extent of the procedure; however, there are some tips that may prove to be helpful for you to deal with a laparoscopic surgery and to improve your healing process.
Here are some useful tips that you can follow before the surgical procedure.
- After you have consulted your doctor and made up your mind on the procedure, then it will be useful to watch some surgery videos and read about the procedure to prepare yourself mentally. The videos can be gory and hence discretion must be maintained.
- You can read blogs by patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery to get a better understanding of the procedure and its implications.
- Eight hours prior to the procedure, do not drink or eat anything.
- Ask someone to accompany you on the day of the procedure.
- Make sure that you fix a pre-op appointment with the surgeon to clear any doubts about the surgery, anesthesia or any such concern.
- You can shave the part of your body where the surgery will be performed by yourself or be prepared for someone else to do the same at the hospital.
- Prepare your hospital bag with the necessary items and inform the person accompanying you about the items in your bag.
Here are some useful tips that you can follow after the surgery.
- Keep yourself active after the procedure to enhance the healing process and to relieve any flatulence.
- Stick to comfortable clothing and preferably loose clothes.
- Avoid taking a bath for a week or as advised by your surgeon.
- To avoid constipation and to stay hydrated drink at least 2-3 liters of water a day.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach to lessen the pain while sneezing or coughing.
- Don’t get up straight from your bed. Roll sideways and use the support of your arm to stand up.
- Avoid driving for at least 2 weeks.
- Go for regular check-ups with your surgeon or doctor to ensure that the incisions are healing properly.
Most patients suffering from ulcerative colitis are advised to undergo a surgery as that is oftentimes, the last option remaining for them. Failure of other treatments to bear any results leads to the need for a surgery. There are two main categories of surgery options; however, the difference lies in where the waste pouch will be placed following the ulcerative colitis surgery.
A patient who is planning to go through the ulcerative colitis surgery procedure must be aware of the recovery period and its duration. Since the surgery is an invasive and an intensive procedure, the recovery time is lengthy. So, naturally, before you arrive at any decision it is recommended that you consult your doctor, surgeon and other healthcare professionals about the procedure.
Ulcerative colitis is not a curable disease, but if your colon and rectum are removed, the symptoms of ulcerative colitis can be treated. But educate yourself as you may still have to live with a number of side effects of the surgeries, even after the incisions have healed. This is the reason that you must prepare yourself both physically and mentally before making any decision, which should be based on the information available.
Tips for Quick Recovery
The recovery from ulcerative colitis is quite tricky. As it is an invasive surgical procedure, the recovery time is lengthy. However, you should not fret yourself with that. With the required care and doctor’s advice, you will be able to return to your daily life in full vigor. In order to improve your recovery and hasten the process, you will be given a detailed file of information that you must follow strictly. These tips are:
- After the surgery, you may have to remain in the hospital for 3 to 7 days. This is a mandatory protocol as it allows your surgeon to monitor your incisions and treat any complication or infections.
- Any procedure that you may opt for, a total of 4 to 6 weeks is a minimum requirement for recovery.
- During this time, you will be asked to meet your surgeon regularly and in some cases an enterostomal therapist as well. An enterostomal therapist is a specialized doctor who only deals with patients who have had their colon removed. So you should make an appointment with an enterostomal therapist, suggested by your doctor, and have him/her review your case.
- Eat nutritional healthy foods to avoid any complications.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 2-3 liters of water per day.
- A rehab therapist or a physical therapist will help you to move towards your normal life, by keeping you active and recommending rejuvenating exercises that won’t hamper your health.
- Manage stress and anxiety as they cause stomach issues.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Gallstones can’t be wished away. There are no medications for it. The only solution is to remove the gallbladder. The gallbladder is a pear-shaped organ situated beneath the liver, which collects and concentrates the bile produced by the liver. The surgical removal of the gallbladder becomes necessary if one develops stones in the gallbladder which blocks the flow of bile. Gallbladder removal surgery also called Cholecystectomy is a fairly common surgery with very low risks and complications.
Gallstones are usually diagnosed with the help of an ultrasound, although in the more complex cases, CT scans and X-ray tests are also used. As gallstones can only be managed temporarily with dietary adjustments and can’t be made to go away, Cholescystectomy is a permanent solution.
- Temporary or transient nausea may occur for a day or two, as a side effect to the medications used such as anesthesia.
- The amount of time that a patient might need to spend in hospital care is dependent on how well they can intake and retain fluids in the body. Urine function is monitored and on that the basis of that, patients are discharged.
- Patients can resume normal physical activity, which includes driving and light lifting within almost a week’s time.
- If you notice an onset of fever, yellowing of eyes and skin, persistent nausea, then you must contact your surgeon in case it develops into a serious complication.
- Follow up with your surgeon within 2-3 weeks of the surgery.
The risks associated with Cholecystectomy are quite low. Minor complications such as blood clots and infections are usually mitigated by the precision and dexterity of the surgeon.
You need to plan ahead for your recovery.
- Plan to stay at the hospital: Although you could easily leave the same day as your Cholecystectomy, it is highly advisable to stay in hospital care for at least a day or two. Complications may occur, therefore, it is smarter to deal with them in the hospital where the doctor is always available. Also, if it was so required that the surgeon needed to make a deep incision, you will need to stay longer at the hospital.
- Do not drive yourself home: Ask a family member or a close friend to drive you home when you leave the hospital. Its not going to take you more than a week or two to start driving again. It is better to cautious about physical activity just after surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Appendicitis occurs when there is an obstruction in the lining of the appendix, resulting in an infection. Left to itself, it may lead to swelling, inflammation, formation of pus, and rupture of the appendix. The most common symptoms of appendicitis are pain in the abdomen, abdominal swelling, nausea, loss of appetite, high fever.
What is the Appendix?
Appendix is a small, 3.5 inch long pouch-like tube of tissues present in the colon, which is located on the right side of your lower abdomen. Quite a few research studies suggest that the appendix functions as a depository for the good bacteria and helps reboot your digestive system after it is rendered dysfunctional by diseases like diarrhea. However, doctors suggest that the human body can function perfectly without an appendix and hence, one can have their appendix removed in order to prevent bacterial infection or inflammation from spreading to the abdominal cavity.
Appendicitis surgery, also known as appendectomy, is the procedure of removing the appendix before it gets ruptured. There are two methods of performing an appendectomy- open appendectomy and laparoscopic appendectomy.
- Open appendectomy- During the procedure the doctor will make a surgical cut in your lower abdomen to remove the appendix. Moreover, if the appendix has already burst, your abdominal cavity will be cleaned. After that the wound will be carefully stitched. Open appendectomy is the preferred choice for those who’ve had a surgery before, or when the abdominal infection has spread to other body organs.
- Laparoscopic appendectomy- To start with this procedure, the doctor will first make a couple of cuts – usually three - in your abdomen and insert a narrow small tube known as cannula. The cannula inflates your abdomen with carbon dioxide gas, which gives your doctor a clear view of the appendix. Next, a thin long tube with attached camera and light, known as laparoscope, will be inserted through the cut. The camera displays the images of your abdomen and appendix on a monitor screen and thereby allows your doctor to tie it off with stitches and remove it. After the removal, the incision will be cleaned, closed and dressed. This type of surgery is a preferred option for adults who are slightly overweight. Moreover, this procedure is safer and faster as compared to open appendectomy.
Appendectomy is usually a safe and permanent solution to have your appendicitis removed. It does not have many serious complications or side effects. Like all surgeries, there are some post treatment guidelines to quicken the recovery process. You should clear your doubts with your doctor after the surgery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi doctor my left side testis very small and right side testis normal size and both side varicocele problem please help me varicocele paining and swelling.
The endocrine system is a major component of the human body which maintains and regulates secretion and the levels of hormones in our body. These hormonal balances and secretions are necessary for the proper functioning of the different cells of our body.
The major endocrine glands include the pituitary glands, the pineal gland, pancreas, testes, ovaries, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, etc. and all the surgical procedures that are related to these organs are grouped under endocrine surgery. There are a few essential things one needs to know and understand about endocrine surgeries:
Why would you need an endocrine surgery?
The endocrine glands secrete various types of hormones that maintain the proper functioning of different cells of the body. Some hormones are essential for growth, some for maintaining blood glucose levels and proper metabolic rate and some for the growth of sex organs and sexual characters. Disruption in any such function indicates a problem with the endocrine glands.
Endocrine surgery is an uncommon specialty
There are approximately 200 active endocrine surgeons in the US and about 100 abroad. Due to many complexities in this field, there is still a huge scarcity of specialized surgeons and practitioners all over the world. As a result, bulks of such cases are operated by surgeons not specialized in this field of work. Such practices are still considered useful despite the fact that superior outcomes can be achieved if they are performed by specialists.
Procedures related to endocrine surgeries
There are various operative procedures carried out during an endocrine surgery. Depending upon the extent of damage of the endocrine glands and as per the requirements, the procedures may vary. Surgeries include the partial or total removal of the endocrine glands. In the case of thyroid surgeries, the patient is given general anesthesia, and an incision is made in front of the neck. After that, by dividing the muscles, the thyroid gland is cut out. Nowadays less invasive procedures are more commonly practiced.
What are some possible complexities of endocrine surgeries?
Despite the high success rates, there are always complications related to such surgeries. A few of such complications might even cost your life if not treated properly. In the case of thyroid surgeries, there might be occurrences of chest infections, heart problems, blood clotting and infections. Post surgery bleedings may occur and may result in a swollen throat. In some cases, there may be damages to the voice box and parathyroid glands too.
Are endocrine surgeries accessible and affordable?
Endocrine surgeries are specialized surgeries. Although such surgeries are performed by the non-specialists widely, the best results are yielded by the specialized practitioners only. The surgeries are affordable when done by the non-specialised surgeons, but while considering specialized surgeons, similar operations are much costlier due to the scarcity of medical professionals in that field.
Every year, millions of people all over the world undergo abdominal surgery. If you belong to that group, you will want to get back on the feet as early as possible. But there are many aspects that patients do which can slow down the recovery process and lead to delayed and uncomfortable and sometimes, fatally dangerous complications.
In recent times, hospitals employ enhanced recovery after surgery or ERAS for pain management, pre-operation eating, and post-operation exercise. The result of this protocol is that the recovery time is reduced by one-third which indicates that you can go home a few days earlier while the rate of complication drops manifold. Regardless of whether you have undergone a hernia repair surgery or removal of gallbladder or hysterectomy or colorectal cancer, the following steps can help you heal faster.
- Get walking as soon as you can: When you are recovering from the abdominal surgery, you should aim for three to four walks regularly. This is because movement helps the lungs to expand which can reduce the chance of having pneumonia which is a common risk of post-surgery. It can help in the movement of blood in the extremities while decreasing the likelihood of blood clots.
- Cut back on narcotic painkillers: Your doctor may recommend a non-opioid pain reliever or an epidural injection which can protect bowel function. But you should try not to rely on these drugs for a longer period and strive to cut down on them since they can cause various complications. They can slow down the function of intestine which causes constipation. This is extremely troubling after undergoing the abdominal surgery and can delay recovery time.
- Drink a lot of liquids: You should start drinking water and other liquids as soon as your doctor allows you to do so. If you are a coffee lover, you can start drinking that as well to prevent caffeine withdrawal symptoms like headaches. But make sure you can drink a lot of water for avoiding dehydration.
- Chew gum: Once you have undergone abdominal surgery, the digestive system would become slow and may decline from the optimal function. It can be extremely uncomfortable and prolong hospital stay. When you chew gum, it makes the body feel that you are eating which will compel the digestive system to start functioning again.
- Spend time on a rocking chair: Most people know that sitting tends to open the lungs better than lying flat. But when you spend time in a rocking chair, the additional activity can be extremely beneficial for your body. The best thing you can do for yourself is to get up and walk.