Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sri MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Drink more fluids
- Drink more fluids, regardless of your activity level. Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. Bring a reusable water bottle with you to maintain hydration. If you're at work, you could also bring a pitcher and glass and fill it every morning.
- If you're older, be especially careful to drink fluids because the amount of water retained by the body decreases with age.
- Avoid salt tablets if possible. If your doctor has you on water pills, ask him or her how much you should drink.
- Don't drink liquids with dehydrating caffeine, alcohol, or large amounts of sugar. Avoid very cold drinks.
- At family events and reunions, bring a cooler of cool drinks.
- Cut back on exercising; if you must exercise, drink two to four glasses of cool, nonalcoholic fluids each hour.
Keep your body cool
- Dress in lightweight light-colored clothing and sun-reflective shirts. Wear loose clothing.
- Wear wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses. Keep a stash of hats on hand for friends and family!
- According to the cdc, fans may provide comfort but they do not prevent heat-related illnesses when the temperature is in the high 90s. Take a cool shower or bath, or move to an air-conditioned place to cool off.
- Stay in the shade, especially between 11 a. M. And 3 p. M.
- Avoid strenuous activities during the heat of the day.
- Never leave anyone in closed, parked vehicle, even with the windows down.
- To feel cooler, eat cooler. Reduce your protein intake.
- Open your house to the breeze after sunset and leave it open until dawn.
- In the early morning, draw the shades before the temperature starts to rise.
Protect yourself from the sun
- Don't get too much sun. Sunburn makes it difficult for your body to dissipate heat.
- As well as a hat and sunglasses, wear sunscreen spf 15 or higher. The most effective products say 'broad spectrum' or 'uva/uvb' on their labels.
- Be aware of heavy sweating, hot and dry skin, rapid pulse, pale or clammy skin, and cramps in your leg or abdomen muscles. All could be signs of heat disorder.
- If you are older, it's wise to keep medical information readily available, including phone numbers of health care providers and copies of your prescription and health insurance cards.
I am married. My wife has some problem with getting pregnant. Its been 5 years we have got married. Please advice an appropriate doctor with low budget treatment.
I am pregnant for last four month. I have not health issue but now I feel weakness n measure think for me its my weight. I put on 7 kg in four month. What should I do. Tell diet for me and my baby.
I have blackish on my vagina &loose my vagina what can I do to remove this blackish &to tight my vagina?
Hello dr, i am 29 years married woman, I m facing a problem of white discharge from my vagina with bad smell, please suggest me something what is this problem?
In order to have proper information about ovarian cysts, it is essential to discuss the anatomy of ovaries. These are basically a part of the female reproductive system and are located in the lower abdomen on the two sides of the uterus. The major functions of ovaries are production of eggs, oestrogen and progesterone hormones.
So what exactly are cysts? Cysts are fluid-filled sacks, which sometimes develop on the ovaries. These are usually painless, causing no such symptom and females develop a cyst at least once every year. However, there are various kinds of ovarian cysts like the dermoid cysts and endometrioma cysts. The most common kinds of cysts are usually the functional ones. The types of follicle cysts include the following:
- Follicle cyst: When the menstrual cycle starts, the egg grows in a sac, usually called follicle, which is located inside the ovary. In usual cases, the follicle breaks and the egg is released. However, there might be a case where the follicle may not break. In situations like these, the fluid present in the follicle may turn into cysts in the ovary.
- Corpus leuteum: After the egg is released into the uterus, the follicle ideally dissolves. However, in case the follicle does not dissolve, the excess liquid causes the developing of little sacs and these are the other kinds of cysts.
Most of these tumors are benign (non-cancerous) and never spread beyond the ovary. Benign tumors can be treated by removing either the ovary or the part of the ovary that contains the tumor.
Malignant (cancerous) or low malignant potential ovarian tumors can spread (metastasize) to other parts of the body and can be fatal.
There are some more types of cysts as well, which are as follows:
- Dermoid cyst: This is a sac-like growth, which occurs on the ovaries that can contain hair, fat or other tissues. They’re a type of ovarian germ cell tumor. Usually these tumors are benign, but occasionally they can be malignant.
- Endometriomas: These are those tissues, which should originally grow inside the uterus, but instead they attach themselves outside the uterus to the ovaries. This in turn results in cyst formation.
- Cystadenomas: These are basically non-cancerous growths that develop on the ovary surface.
Polycystic ovary syndrome
This is a condition that some women develop, a large number of small cysts form inside the ovaries, thereby causing the ovaries to enlarge. It is important that polycystic ovarian syndrome is treated soon because if left untreated for long, it may cause infertility in women. These cysts are usually not harmful, but they can cause the following:
- Hormonal imbalance, which may lead to acne or facial hair, may also cause individuals to stop ovulating or cause irregular periods
- Higher chance of getting diabetes as the body starts having insulin resistance
- Weight gain
This is not that big a deal and can be controlled easily. Also with healthy living and eating, this condition can be brought to normal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Actually My age is 19 I have done sex with my boyfriend I think he cum inside it not sure I have not take any pill what should I do now?
I am 22 yrs. I am 22 weeks pregnant. I have begun to sense fetal movements recently. But for the past 2 days I sense fetal movements very frequently nearly 15 times a day. My elders say that in this week fetal movements wil be less n why am I having so frequently. Please help whether my baby is good or do I have to consult my doctor in person immediately.
Good afternoon doctor, , age 29yrs. My TSH level is 5.87 (normal range 0.34-5.6 mIU/L) 1year back in my 1st pregnancy I got abortion becoz of baby heart undeveloped) in 1st pregnancy I have TSH level is 7.5. Now my tsh level is 5.87. Im using 50mcg thyroid tablets. Can I plan for pregnancy while using thyroid tablets? This is right time to plan for pregnancy?
My wife is pregnant with 1 month nd 11 days. Am only married in 27 oct 2016. She is student and her further studies going on. We want abort the pregnancy please advice.
I am a 27 year old female I have period problem, continuous bleeding for 13 days. Before when I was 14 year that time it was for 9 days. I have taken medicine for 6 month. Medicine name-regestrone 5mg for 3 month after 3 month I have taken duoluton l for again 3 month. This time my period was for 5 days. After I stop the medicine again it is bleeding 13 days. Before it was coming monthly but only this month my period came after 2 month. I am married.
Hi. I did not get my periods from 3 months. I did my blood test and urine test too. And I did my ultrasound as well. The doctor told me everything fine but my b12 is low so what should I do?
Hi madam I am getting irregular periods.When I get period and that time it will not stop for 1 to2 months and also I have thyroid problem and it has been now normal.Nd also I am taking medicines like ovral.L and tamik BC and registrone-5mg,r/locD tablets prescribed by doctor.But still my problem is not solved.Pls will u suggest the correct treatment.Thank u
My gynaecologist told that my sister is having 9x5x4 size uterus with chocolate cyst in right ovary of size 6x3x3. She have a baby of1 years old. Is there anything serious of uterus size n cyst.
I started my periods on 18 aug and ended on 20 aug and I had unprotected sex on 21 and 22 but my husband didn't ejaculated inside me. Is there a risk of getting pregnant. .should I go fr contraception..
I am 6 months pregnant woman, there is a lots of swelling on my feet. What to do you? I daily dip in warm water for some time but still have lots of swelling.
Hi Doc. I got some white fluid sometimes. Is that normal or some problem. Also want to understand why it happens. Does it cause any infection? Please suggest some alternative if it is a problem.
Physical exercise is one of the tried and tested ways to have a glowing skin such as running jogging or yoga sweat it out at least five times a week. Sweat removes harmful toxins from the body. Exercise not only flushes out toxins but also produces natural oils that helps skin to look supple and young