Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sp Aggarwal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sp AggarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old man. Sir my weight is 60 kg and my height is 6 feet according to height my weight is to low. What are the reasons why I am loosing my weight? What should I do to increase my weight? Is masturbating is the reason for loosing weight and health?
My dad is suffering from PTB doctor suggested to have bronchoscopy for understanding weather its of type mdr or not? What should we do? Should we wait for results of first line medicine or go with test? How much is cost of bronchoscopy in mumbai? And is it hurting patient in any way?
How to grow my penis. Presently my penis size normally 4inch. My girlfriend is not happy in sexual time, and its reason my pennis. How to create big size & enjoy my girlfriend in long time sexual.
I am 29 years old. I got a surgery of gallstone previous year. Now few month I watched whn I drink alcohol. It's feel like poison. And thn I get vomiting. Thn fell relax. And when I lunch heavy food or normal food I got a acidity problem. Thn lastly relief when I vomit. Sir kindly reply what should I do? Pls give me medicine.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when there is a vascular event in the brain causing a blockage of blood vessels or a rupture of vessels causing hemorrhage. The brain cells are starved of food and oxygen or are assaulted by a barrage of harmful agents released as a result of hemorrhage, suffering reversible or irreversible damage. Dead or disabled brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients may lose control over parts of the body or lose the capacity to speak, think or remember.
Strokes can be mild to severe and require immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and a stroke patient is ideally treated by a multidisciplinary team of experts. At various stages of treatment, the attention of doctors specializing in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Critical Care, Medicine, Radiology and Physical Medicine may be required. Besides, good nursing care and physiotherapy are essential for better recovery from stroke.
Types of Stroke-
- Ischemic Stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. The commonly seen underlying causes are atherosclerosis (which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels) or embolism (blood clot formed elsewhere reaches the brain circulation and blocks a smaller blood vessel). Other rarer causes of ischemic stroke are trauma, hypotension, vasospasm, etc..
- Hemorrhagic Stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel ruptures into the brain. This can be caused by high blood pressure, weakened vessel wall due to atherosclerosis, or vascular malformations like aneurysms, AVM, or cavernomas.
- Transient Ischemic Attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini-stroke. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature, and may happen repeatedly.
Treatment of Stroke:
A. General Treatment: Most cases require supportive management to prevent the secondary complications of stroke, so that the patient gets adequate time for the brain tissue to recover functions. Medicines are administered to control brain pressure, prevent convulsions and aid brain tissue recovery. Paralysis of muscles, difficulty in eating, drinking, breathing, controlling urine etc. make the patient highly dependent. Physiotherapy is essential for good recovery of impaired functions. It is essential for family and friends to encourage the patient and involve themselves in supportive care to prevent depression from setting in and for robust rehabilitation.
B. Specific Treatment of Ischemic Stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes presenting early. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is again useful only if the patient reaches early. This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
- Decompressive craniectomy: Large ischemic strokes cause a rise of brain pressure which may cause death. To reduce brain pressure, decompressive craniectomy surgery may be required if medicines alone are not effective.
In this, a large part of the skull on one side or in the front may be removed to allow space for a swelling brain and relieve intracranial pressure.
C. Specific Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to remove blood clots, repair vascular malformations and for relieving pressure within the skull. The need for surgery depends on the cause, location and volume of hemorrhage besides other factors. It is an important decision, and the family needs to consult with the neurosurgeon and understand the implications thoroughly before agreeing or disagreeing for treatment.
- Endovascular coiling or embolisation: Act as standalone treatment or as an additional aid to surgery especially in vascular malformations like aneurysms or AVMs.