Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sourabh Bhaita
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sourabh BhaitaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old for past five days I got thigh pain in my both legs side left and right when I was stretching my legs it's so difficult and getting pain I am feeling uncomfortable to sit also at the time of getting pain heavy due to what reason it's causes and treatment for this.
Hi doc Since last one month I am having pain in both of shoulders and waist. At present I am taking two pills one for blood pressure Tab. Tazloc beta 25 in morning and Tab Atchol F 10 mg at night. Please advise me what should I take for pain relief.
Most of the common back pains we experience are mechanical in origin and therefore are affected only by drugs and medication with pain-relieving capabilities. There are no medicines or drugs capable of removing the causes of our common backaches and pains. Therefore, medication should only be taken when your pains are severe or when you must find relief.Certain medications such as aspirin and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) have been found to be the most useful for alleviation of acute back pain and have fewer side effects than some other commonly prescribed medications. Both have been recommended by the United States Federal Government Agency for Health Care Policy and Research.
1. BED REST
When your back pain is so severe that bed rest is required, you should restrict this period of rest, if at all possible, to two or three days.A recent study conducted in the United States demonstrated that those patients resting in bed for two days recovered as well as those remaining in bed for seven days. However, those patients remaining ambulant and moving were able to go back to work sooner than those who rested for either two or seven days. Nevertheless, I have seen many patients who could still not arise from bed after ten days.
Acupuncture is able to relieve pain and, when all else has failed, is well worth a trial. You should be aware, however, that as with taking medication, you can obtain relief from acupuncture, but acupuncture itself does not correct the underlying mechanical problem.
In the past, the treatment of back and neck problems by adjust mentor manipulation of the spine was considered one of the most popular forms of treatment, and it was demonstrated by chiropractors and osteopaths in the first half of the century that a short-term benefit could be obtained from this form of treatment. However,much research has now shown that from spinal manipulation or adjustment there are no long-term benefits, and its use can create dependency.A recent study by internationally renowned researchers from the University of Washington in the United States has shown that one month after completing treatment, patients taught the McKenzie method improved to the same degree as patients receiving manipulation by chiropractors. However, the patients receiving the McKenzie method had fewer treatments to achieve that improvement,and 72% of them reported that in the event of recurrence they would manage their own problem. This has great significance for those patients with recurring problems.About 80% of patients with common back problems can be taught the self-manipulation methods outlined in this book. The other 20% of the population are the only ones who will require any form of manipulative therapy.I think it is important that people who are suffering from back pain are aware that spinal manipulation or adjustive treatments should not be given to the whole population with back pain in order to deliver it to the few who really need it. Spinal manipulation should certainly not be used before self-treatment measures have proven unsuccessful.Manipulative phyiotherapists, chiropractors and osteopaths all dispense spinal manipulation or "adjustment."
Recommend various forms of heat, shortwave diathermy,and ultrasound, all of which are commonly used in the treatment of back pain.You should be aware that these treatments provide no long-term benefit and do nothing to treat the underlying problem, nor is there any scientific evidence that they can accelerate healing.