Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. soodYour feedback matters!
I am 58 years old and have high cholesterol 207, triglycerides 230 hdl 38 ldl 123 kindly advice what to eat for decreasing the level.
I am suffering from high bp (130&100) and having acidity and gastric problem also. Suggest me what to do? Thanks.
Joint pain problems in knees, backpain, am suffering from diabetes from last three month's, also from hypertension,
My age is 24 years old, Height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. I had habit of masturbation since the age of 17 .upto the age of 20 I used to do 1-2 times a day by rubbing penis against bed for hours after that my habit became addiction .it became 5 times daily upto age of 23 means for 3 years .now from 1 years I am ill .my illness becoming more day by day. I left this habit 1 year ago before I was ill. I became ill after 2 months of leaving this habit. I used to have bone and muscle pain in whole body including mouth. Frequent and dark coloured urine. Shooting pain in penis head. Abdominal pain and left half head pain from back side. High bp 150/100. Numbness and tingling in whole body. Too much chest and belly enlargement even I used to eat 1 chappati since 6 month. Excessive hair growth on whole body even in eyebrows and head. .i am having no effect of nutritional medicine on my body. My problems are increasing day by day. I had my some blood test. .my cortisol came 234ng/ml. Total testosterone came 2.73ng/ml. Free testosterone 21. 3pg/ml. Estradiol 28. 3pg/ml. Vitamin b12 is 185pg/ml. Vitamin d is 73. 3nmol/l.2 month ago ut was 114 nmol/l.i used to walk in sunlight every time. I eat vegetables. I took vitamin medicine. Then still my vitamin d is decreasing day by day. Vitamin b12 is also low. Is not it is the cause of all my problems?
I am 23 years old female often times I get pain in left side of my chest ( at least 2 times in a day)
Would like to know whether any harm to have cholesterol level in body above 220 for couple of months while trying to manage it with lifestyle changes along with food changes and without any medicines?
Hello Doctor My Bilirubin level is 2.8 and other Liver function test are normal, doctor said nothing to worry the level of Bilirubin is high in some people's but it is normal. Is there any problem?
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.