Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonu DehiyaYour feedback matters!
Is urine infection is the reason I am not getting pregnant please guide I wanna conceive asap its been 5 months I am married.
Respected Doctor, My age is 33 yrs, and i have undergone Laproscopy in may 2014.After trying hard for 6 months i was not able to conceive n so my gynac had adviced me for ICSI. I had ungergone the treament in jan 2015, n my result was negative,my gynac have advised me to again undergo ICSI in the month of july.(in january my embroys was not grown at all i.E 3 embroys were inserted .)can u pls guide me as for the next procedure.
I am of 25 years old. Since last two months I am having irregular periods and I am also suffering from allergy, I mean rashes on body, pimples on my face. Please help me.
My wife appears to be pregnant. She had her last cycle on 30th September 2016. She feel little nausea and her BP has fallen down to 60/90. She did urine test through Prega News and one more strip and it came positive. Please guide how should we proceed and what steps should we take?
Hi Doctor, me and my girlfriend had sex last night at the moment when I start first I push to my girlfriend vagina inside but condom was broken sudden I change the condom and I am not release because I push that was starting time and I touch only. So any chance to pregnancy.
Electric pads, hot water bottles, and gel packs or moist such as damp clay packs are the common hot agents used for hot therapy.
From the past 1 week, I am having irritation, itching problem in my vagina. I consult dr, she gave me clocip medi for internal use and clocip tube to apply on outer area. But after 4-5 days again it started. I am very worried and irritated. Please help.
I am 18 years old and had sex on the 7th day of my period. My partner had cum inside me a bit. It was an accident. I'm on regular birthcontrol pills. Is there any chance of becoming pregnant? Please help.
In my last scan Doctor found an ovarian cyst. But after using tablets, when I go to scan today, they told the cyst is removed and there is no problem. Now I want to conceive, is it the right time to conceive? Or any problem happened? Can I use any medicines?
According to WHO a third of the world population is obese, obesity is caused by overeating, lack of physical activity, age factor, hereditary and sometimes malfunctioning of the endocrine glands causing excessive fat accumulation. Food is meant to generate energy in the body so as to enable each and every organ to discharge its individual functions. To avoid overeating one has be careful about portion control and eat at a fixed time. Each meal should have a combination of carbohydrate 50 to 60 % of total calories + protein 35 to 40% of total calories and fat 20 to 25% of total calories. Dietary fibre of 25 to 30 grams a day can obtained from whole grain, fruits and vegetables should also be taken in sufficient quantities as it imparts a sense of satiation and reduces the food intake.
Indian diets are usually high in carbohydrates leading to higher incidence of diabetes. This can be countered by increasing proteins in each meal along with fibre,which gives a controlled balance to sugar levels in the body. Use unsaturated vegetable oils like olive, rice bran, soyabean and sunflower oil to maintain and reduce cholesterol and maintain heart health along with Omega-3 from flax seed, nuts (almonds and walnuts) or fish oil supplements, including vegetable juices in your daily diet improves the antioxidant level and fibre in the body and helps in weight loss.
How to make meal plans customized to your BMR
Step 1 - Calculate your BMR
|Women's BMR||Men's BMR|
|+ (9.6* of your weight in kilos)||+ (13.7* your weight in kg)|
|+ (1.8*your height in cm)||+ (5*your height in cm)|
|- (4.7*your age in years)||- (6.8*your age in years)|
|= ___________ Calories per day||= ___________ Calories per day|
Step 2 - After calculating your BMR ,and to start weight loss cut 200 kcal from your BMR.
For example if your BMR is 1600 kcal choose a meal plan that is 200 kcal lower I.e is from 1200 to 1400 calorie meal plan.
The main meals should be three meals like your breakfast ,lunch and dinner and the in between meals should be like fruits ,veg juice ,dry fruits,dry bhel , roasted chana, a slice of cheese ,which are not very dense in calories and high in nutrients.
STEP 3 - Eat every two hours with three main meals and three small meals.
STEP 4 - Drink plenty of water through the day at least 8 to 10 glasses.
Exercise - Lack of physical activity means there is no energy output and this results in weight gain over the period of time because as we age our BMR reduces (basal metetabolic rate : that is total number of calories your body requires for normal body functions excluding any activity factor like exercise, BMR is the energy used for metabolic process of maintaining life itself and usually accounts for two thirds of total daily expenditure ). To maintain a healthy weight increasing the BMR is essential and this means increasing the muscle mass over the fat mass as 1 pound of muscle burns 6 calories at rest and 1 pound of fat just 2 calories. Increasing muscle mass can happen only through physical exercise and adequate protein in the diet thereby, increasing fibre and reducing fat in the diet.
Advantages of Physical Activity
- Helps to keep digestive system in optimum condition
- Improves cardiac rhythm and output
- Maintains flexibility of body
- Energies blood vessels and does not allow cholesterol deposits and improved heart health as it does not allow fat accumulation
- Improves peristaltic action of intestine and rectum and removes constipation
- Helps in improving insulin resistance in the body especially in PCOD and PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Maintains the sugar levels in diabetic patients
Other Causes of Obesity
- Age factor: Obesity is generally prevalent in the middle age as the BMR reduces as a person ages especially if he or she does not exercise, but weight gain can be gender specific as women have more fat mass and the weight gain during pregnancy is common due to increase in fat in the diet, but in recent years there has been a rapid rise in obesity in children and teens due to over indulgence in junk and fast foods, which have high amounts of refined carbohydrates and hydrogenated fats. Heredity also plays an important role in fat accumulation. Children of obese parents do have high chances inheriting obesity from their parents as genetic factor could be a contributing factor rather than excessive food. In such cases physical activity plays a very important role for weight loss
- Untreated Hypothyroidism: Hypothyroid causes a drop in the BMR and increase in fat percentage and if untreated can cause weight gain, but once on medication they have improved metabolism.
- Drugs: Use of oral contraceptives, steroids, insulin and phenothiazines is generally followed by weight gain to stimulation of appetite.
- Alcohol: Alcohol is just empty calories and 1ml of alcohol gives 7 calories and this causes weight gain along with the fat laden food eaten while having alcohol, overeating is usually a consequence of drinking leading to weight gain and drinking coupled with smoking increases the lipid levels in the body affecting the heart health
- Fasting and Yo Yo Dieting: The process of losing weight and gaining weight several times throughout a life time is often characterised by increased fatness with each cycle (Krause food and nutrition therapy). Fasting is dropping calories to less than 600 to 800 over a period of time, which causes starvation and breakdown of muscle mass and lowering of BMR and once one gets back to normal diet there is sudden surge in weight which then gets difficult to rid off.
- Water: Incredible as it may seem water is a very important catalyst in weight loss,water suppress the appetite naturally and helps metabolise stored fat. Drinking water is best for fluid retention caused due to excessive intake of salt, the more water you take, more it dilutes the excess salt and reduces the fluid retention. Eight to twelve glasses of water in a day is the optimal intake.
- Stress: Stress is a another precipitating factor for weight gain which causes damage to the heart. Excessive stress causes an increase in cortisol and thereby, increase in fat percentage in the body and weight gain. An emotionally charged and highly strung nervous system can adversely affect the coronary arteries and deteriorate the heart. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Ayurveda is regarded as one of the most ancient systems of the herbal remedies found in India, and it offers some of the most significant and useful herbs to help boost women’s health. There are several natural herbs that aid the women in finding the natural rhythm of the body, which is closely associated with nature. As a result, women are able to respond much better to the Ayurvedic treatment that offers many herbs and medicinal plants that have been proven to improve the health of women.
It is very important to control and regulate the diet of the women who have crossed 40 years of age and they should not live their lives in her own whims as this is the age when hormonal imbalances occur in the body. Additionally, there are also some natural herbs that can help to boost the health condition of a woman and help her lead a happy and healthy life.
- Guduchi Stem: This is a common ingredient in the herbal medicines which can be used for treating various types of health problems in women. Guduchi stem is a versatile herb which induces internal heat and is a great treatment for decreased libido. It has the ability to calm the nervous system and is regarded as a strong anti-inflammatory and diuretic agent.
- Asparagus root: Asparagus roots have multiple benefits required to improve the health of women. It has been utilised as an aphrodisiac and natural treatment for alleviating fertility issues in women. It also helps in treating a wide range of female disorders starting from health disturbances during menopause to unnatural menstrual symptoms to lactation. It is considered a major ingredient in almost all herbal blends that aim at improving women’s health.
- Licorice: Used in almost all Ayurvedic medicines, this herb has been used for a long time for the treatment of several ailments, including menopause and genital issues as well as urinary disorders. Though it is incorporated mainly in treating health problems of women, licorice is also known for its anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties.
There are many health issues that are faced by women on a regular basis starting from vaginal discomforts to menstrual problems. However, most women feel it is very uncomfortable to speak about them with anyone. Thankfully, these problems can be completely eradicated with the help of the Ayurvedic herbs. But if you see no results even after consistent use, then it would be wise to seek an expert’s advice.
I wanted to know if is it ok to have sex with a man or not I am 31 years male but I am interested getting sex with guys. I am unmarried so wanted to know if getting anal sex is scientifically ok or not.
I'm 37 weeks pregnant. For past one week, I'm getting back pain often. Wat does this symptom refers.
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately.