Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Sonika GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering form headache at night randomly. When I goes for sleep than my back pains very much. And when I wake up early morning than my eyes seems like red. Some dark pimples on my mouth Suggest me what could I do.
From the last night my right eye is painting (very little) and today now when I woke up, I found it red (too much red) and I'm having problem. My eye sight is weak and left eye's sight is weaker than the right one. Please give me some suggestions what should I do.
I don't want to wear eye glasses or spectacles. I want to remove it permanently by using natural remedies. Kindly suggest.
Every morning I wake and when wash my face after some time I feel itching in my eyes due to which I do rub my eyes my turned red and some washing with water it get red is this a disease and please help me to avoid it every day when I see my eyes I fell that I am drunked it embarrassed me.
My eye sight are weak I can not see far object how can I am improve my eye sight because this create so many problems to me.
I am taking lutivit since 3 days for eyes irritation. But I am getting pain in above testicles. I am diagnosed having gallbladder stone. Suffered chikungunya one and half months back. May I continue the lutivit capsules daily one.
I am 32 years old male, have a healed chorio retinitis. Pigments all over retina, gradually my vision has dropped. Give me solution and let me know will my other eye too will get affected? What are all should be precautions? All my blood test are normal, I never had tuberculosis nor I have hiv, what can be the cause?
My eyesight no. Changes very frequently in 2 months approx. I have tries all the exercises required. But the problem is still there. What should I do.
I am 24 years old and i am having a vision problem to increase the vision sight what are the steps to be follow.
Sir, I am wearing glasses, but I want to get my eyesight without any laser treatment is it possible?
I am suffering from CNVM in eyes where new blood vessels grow over retina and rupture leaving waste materials there. This left me almost blind in left eye 15 years before. Since 2012 same problem appeared in right eye but it is now under control after 7 avastin injections. I have to go for follow up in every 3 months. Is there any ayurvedic method of treatment to cure the condition? Please suggest
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 Eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath