Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonika AgarwalYour feedback matters!
There is pain in my back and leg due to secret abortion and my mom doesn't know about that. I am in problem.
Midnight snack craving is basically a craving for food when you wake up in the middle of the night. Midnight cravings can lead to weight gain if you binge eat on a regular basis. It is important that you accept the situation and take steps to rectify it.
A majority of the foods that you consume are mostly empty calories such as cookies and sugar based food. If you don't control these cravings, then it may lead to tremendous weight gain. Here are a few tips to control your midnight snack craving -
- Eat your Dinner Properly: It is important that you eat a well-balanced dinner that consists of carbohydrates, protein and fats. If you don't eat a proper dinner, then the chances of eating later and subsequent binge eating go up drastically.
- Include Fiber: Add fiber to your diet as fiber helps you in feeling full. Eat fiber rich foods such as beans, lentils and broccoli which promote a feeling of satiety.
- Green Tea: Drink a cup of green tea after eating as it will help you sleep better.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you are properly hydrated as it will prevent food cravings. Dehydration may also lead to other health complication such as skin problems.
- Consume Yoghurt: Consume portions of yoghurt as it contains probiotic bacteria that help in keeping your digestive system healthy. It also promotes a feeling of satiety as it contains protein.
- Plan an Activity: Don't immediately go to bed after dinner, instead go for a walk or play with your pet. Make sure that you spend some time after dinner prior to retiring for bed.
- Eat Healthy: If you do have cravings then go for healthy choices such as eating salads and fruits. Focus on foods such as cucumber, jackfruits and apples.
- Protein: Make sure you add protein to your diet as protein helps in muscle building. It also makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as eggs, chicken and fish to your diet.
- Exercise: Exercise on a regular basis. This increases the secretion of endorphins in your body which improve your wellbeing and promote happiness. It will help you sleep better and reduce your craving to eat unhealthy foods.
I am 8 months pregnant. And now having difficulty in passing urine because all time i feel that i need to go for loo. Even during night i go for loo around 5-6 times. I cant even stand for more than 15-20 minutes due to the pressure on bladder.And my baby moves a lot in womb.But my doctor said my baby is weak. What are the reasons behind it? Kindly suggest. Thanks.
What is the measure that without protection sex can be done, suggest any pill or vaginal insert pill after which sex can be done with out condom use.
My daughter is 2 yrs old so now I want to stop feeding but she doesn't agree and she screams like anything so can I get some solution?
My wife is pregnant and we have consulted a Doc. As per advise we have done the ultrasound and the report says that missed abortion and the reason being cardiac activity absent. The doc has advised for abortion. Need a suggestion that whether should go for abortion or should go for 2nd opinion.
I am 19 years old, female. I am having serious pricking sensation all over the body for quite some months. Like sometime head, fingers,legs, hands, neck then the other moment is in lower abdomen. I seriously can't predict when and where the next moment it gonna pain or choke. I got lump on head and when I consulted a doctor about the head's lump. He said it to be cause of oil gland. Neurologist And now I got lump on my breast bone. I got the pricking and choking sensation in my heart and breast. I seriously don't know what I am going through. I have no idea which department should I see and consult a doctor. I will be very thankful if you gonna help me. Thanking you.
I am 26 years old I have pcos this time I got one month late of my periods the last date of my period was on 29 September and today is 29 November till now my periods have not come three urine test I did last one was 10 days back but all the tests came negative m so confused whether m pregnant or it just bcoz of pcos kindly help please.
Starting a family and being people who you can completely rely on is something that may be a dream that most people nurture and work towards. In the Indian culture, it is seen that children are supposed to serve as the backbone for the parents in their old age and when a couple is able to bear children, they may be able to lead more satisfied lives than at any other point in time. While most couples are blessed with happy families, there are a lot of those couples who may have to rely on medicines and treatments to be able to conceive a child.
With the changing lifestyle and the increasing amount of stress, a lot of couples are not able to conceive naturally. This is when they turn to medical help from professionals who may be able to suggest treatments and counselling. Even though the medications and treatments are sought very popularly, it is also a fact that couples have to go through painful procedures and unfruitful trials before they are able to get positive results, if at all that is possible. Not to mention the expensive treatment costs and the costly medicines that they have to invest in, apart from the mental and emotional trauma that is accompanied with it.
A safer alternative:
One of the safest alternatives to conventional medicine and treatments is to opt for homeopathy. This is a style of treatment that works on the body using natural means such as plants extracts and other natural derivatives, in combination with medicinal properties in healthy portions. With the use of such treatments and medicines, it may be possible for aspirant couples to be able to work on their body systems to make them healthier and more responsive to conceiving a child.
Some of the most important advantages of homeopathic treatment for infertility:
- The medicines make sure that they do not put the others aspects of health at jeopardy for the users of homeopathic medicines which means that the medicines do not have highly destructive side effects.
- The lack of side effects in the homeopathic medicines for infertility ensure that the couples remain mentally and emotionally strong enough to stick to the resolve of getting treated and that is something that may be helpful in the success of the treatment.
- Since the medicines are all organic, most of them are not as expensive as the conventional medicines.
- Choosing a safe stream of medication such as homeopathy may also help in ensuring that when the child is conceived, it does not get affected by the harmful medicines that may be administered to the couple.
When the future of your family and health is at stake, it is important that you take well thought out and wise decisions about what kind of treatments you should undergo. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
When a woman's vaginal muscles squeeze tightly, or slams shut making it impossible or extremely painful when penetration with the penis or any other object is attempted, we describe that situation as 'vaginismus'. It's an involuntary contraction of muscles surrounding the vaginal opening. It is different from voluntarily squeezing the vaginal muscles out of fear. Vaginismus happens out of the person's control. In other words, the opening shuts automatically, when intercourse or insertion of a medical instrument is attempted. Penetration would not happen; the attempt would end up in pain for the woman. In the case of intercourse, she might describe the experience as a feeling that the man is 'hitting a wall'. Usually, women having vaginismus would fear genital examination and disallow it, especially inserting any object -even a finger, leave alone the speculum. There are cases where women kicked the staff, jumped off the examination table and ran out. Ridiculous as it might appear, it's a genuine morbid fear for the woman.
Why does it happen?
No physical cause is identified with vaginismus. It's considered mostly psychogenic. In some women, it can be traced to a previous painful intercourse, or a rough and injurious attempt at intercourse, and severe anxiety. Some are severely apprehensive and anticipate pain and injury during first intercourse. I have known a woman who was terrified watching her sister deliver a baby, and decided to never conceive. The subconscious association of intercourse with pregnancy used to trigger anxiety in her whenever intercourse is attempted and resulted in vaginismus.
How can it be resolved?
It can be resolved, though it's a little time-consuming therapeutic process. It is not cured with medicines. And, there is no need for surgery. A sex therapist skilled in treating vaginismus, can help the couple resolve their problem through therapeutic suggestions and counseling, without touching the client (I mention this because several clients keep asking us anxiously "do you have to examine me?", and feeling so much relieved on hearing a "no!").
How does the therapist go about it?
- Educating the couple: The couple – especially the woman needs awareness about her basic anatomy and function of the sex organs. what each is meant for, how one should touch, explore and handle them.
- Exercises: During sex therapy, she will be given various homework exercises that include:
- exploring genitals to increase her level of comfort with the genital area.
- using graded vaginal trainers to be inserted into the vagina gently and gradually in a non-threatening way at her own pace, and
- controlling and relaxing vaginal muscles, and stretching the vagina.
- Relaxation: Getting yourself to relax progressively is a matter of exploration and touching, which can help you understand the kind of touch and the exact areas that make you tense. During sex therapy, you may be taught a technique known as progressive relaxation. The purpose is to get gradually comfortable with insertion.
- Sensate focus: This is a part of sex therapy and involves your partner. In this method, you will be asked to abstain from sex and touch each other without going to the genitals and other private parts. This will help in better arousal and sexual stimulation, especially for those women who, for fear of intercourse, also experience arousal problems.
Surgery: Surgery is rarely indicated in vaginismus, unless a physical problem is contributing to it or when there is a need to enlarge the vagina. This may be necessary if a previous surgery has left scar tissue making vaginal entry painful, such as an episiotomy during childbirth. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Im 14 years old I dont have periods nowand im a tubercosics patient what to do? Suggest me something.
When I rub my clitoris and shake my vagina does it loosens it as m not virgin please tel me clearly does it loosens my vagina.
I had protected sex two weeks ago. My partner didn't ejaculate inside me, but on me. My period was supposed to arrive yesterday. I still haven't gotten it. Got a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative. Am I pregnant?
Doctor I got intimated one week ago We did not used any protection Within 24 hours I consumed an ipill Now after one week Im bleeding but not like as I always bleed Thick lining is coming out Blood is not coming only some kind of thick lining is coming out I do not want to become pregnant I do not know what to do.
WATER, a basic need of every lifeform, helps a lot in fighting against some common diseases/ health problems.
Drinking water, either plain or in the form of other fluids or foods, is essential to your health:
- It helps in maintained balance of fluids in our body The functions of these bodily fluids include digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature.
- It helps keep skin looking good. It helps in preventing skin problems like acne. It also keeps your skin moistened and gives it a natural glow.
- It helps in many diseases related to stomach like gastritis/acidity. Drinking sufficient amount of water daily will avoid the problem of acidity in your near future.
- It also helps in losing weight in case of obese individuals and also in maintaining weight in case of non-obese individuals.
- It helps in preventing as well as treating urinary infections.
- It helps in maintaining normal bowel function and prevents constipation. Actually, water along with a high fibre diet is the perfect combination for those suffering from constipation.
Now, the question in every mind- How much water should one drink? People drink 2-3 glasses and think thats enough for a day. Some people dont keep count and are not sure if they are having sufficient water daily.
Its best to keep a one litre bottle and set a target to drink at least 3 such bottles in a day, that makes 3 liters of water intake daily.Also, eat more fruits and vegetables(salad). Their high water content will add to your hydration.
Be Hydrated Be Healthy