Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonia Naik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia NaikYour feedback matters!
A very good doctor. She actually treats everyone as if they are their family. Very knowledgeable person.
I am a virgin. I want to loose my virginity but have phobia of vaginal penetration and the pain it would cause. I fear if something goes wrong as we both are inexperienced. We have tried but I stop the moment I feel pain so I can not do it. I am embarrassed about myself .i am loosing confidence and having doubts about myself. please help me in being positive and make it easy please.
Hi I hve pcoc problem. Recently I go through i.u.i n having susten 200 nw. Bt still der is a 7 days fo my periods bt am having keen pain n der is no white discharge. Is it symptoms of monthly periods or us der is a chances to get pregnant?
MRI or Magnetic Resonance Imaging is a process of reproducing images from the structures & organs of the insides of the body on the computer screen with the help of energy pulses generated from the radio waves using a magnetic field placed inside a special machine.
MRI is used to diagnose various medical conditions like internal injuries or bleeding, rupture of blood vessels & other internal infections. However, an MRI scan is also useful for diagnosis of brain tumors, brain strokes, spinal tumors, bone tumors, ruptured ligaments, breast cancers, aneurysm etc. MRI scan is also used to detect problems in liver, gallbladder, kidneys, eyes and ears that are otherwise unrecognisable.
On comparing it with other similar imaging processes like ultrasound imaging, CT scans & X-rays, you will come across the following facts:
- MRI can effortlessly produce images from different directions & orientations of one particular structure.
- MRI is also helpful for getting detailed & precise images of soft tissues in comparison to similar imaging processes.
- MRI provides a macroscopic overview of the body in contrast to other imaging processes like ultrasound which concentrates on a minute examination of your body parts.
- MRI is also useful to determine the limit to which cancer has spread in the body.
- MRI can be useful to detect health issues when other imaging processes fail, because of its multi-faceted image recording technique. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Radiologist.
Hello doctor my girlfriend had unprotected sex with me on 25th October & took i-pill on the same day & her last periods was started on 20th & ended on 23rd of October she is in her safe time of cycle but she didn't had periods in this month means '20th november what does that mean & is her periods cycle skipped if so when will she have periods in this month I mean approximation of it please help. Sry whoever replied me in last ques I entered wrong month.
I am pregnant from 4 week. I take mifegest three tablet 10 o clock last night. But my bleeding not start yet.
Bladder cancer can be caused by a variety of factors, which include genetic factors, inheritance, drugs, chemicals, environment related factors and smoking. In fact, smoking tobacco is one of the major causes of bladder cancer around the world. The chemicals present in tobacco can irritate the bladder lining which ultimately leads to bladder cancer. Besides smoking other important environmental factors might be chemotherapy, exposure to chemicals from newspaper, dye, leather, paints industries.
Symptoms of bladder cancer are as follows:
Most often it occurs in people more than 50 years of age. It can present in different ways, but common symptoms being :
- Painless hematuria - reddish or brownish colored urine with or without clots Increased frequency of urination Pain while passing urine .
- Difficulty in passing urine
The diagnosis requires a proper imaging workup including ultrasound, CT scan and urine examinations. Following the initial imaging, a biopsy is required to confirm the diagnosis and stage the disease. This is done by cystoscopy under anesthesia.
Treatments for bladder cancer depend on the stage of cancer. Broadly bladder cancers can be categorised into Non-invasive and Invasive cancers.
- For non-invasive cancers: It requires recurrent cystoscopic surveillance and resection. For those with high risk of tumor recurrence or progression, intravesical chemotherapy or immunotherapy might be required.
- For invasive cancers the various treatment choices are:
- Surgery: For localised tumor which are amenable to resection perhaps surgery is the best possible treatment. This is a major undertaking where in whole of bladder along with accessory organs is removed. The surgeon may offer choices for reconstruction between neobladder (refashioning bladder with patient's gut) or ileal conduit (fashioning a stoma over which bag can be worn to collect urine). Following surgery a regular follow up is required and the prognosis is good.
- Chemotherapy: This modality is reserved for patient's where surgery is not possible or they have metastatic disease (disease spread to other body parts).In this method, medications are used to target and destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy: This might be and option for patient's that are not suitable for surgery. Radiation therapy uses gamma rays to destroy cancer cells in the body The key to good prognosis in bladder cancers is early detection timely intervention and good follow up.