Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia NaikYour feedback matters!
A very good doctor. She actually treats everyone as if they are their family. Very knowledgeable person.
My wife is pregnant and now 4 months running. Now pimples are occured in vagina and so much of pain and burning is there. May i know the reason for that and whatis the solution for this.
Avoid touching your face or propping your cheek or chin on your hands. Not only can you spread bacteria, you can also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
I am 19 and half years old. I just want to clear one doubt. I had sex with my husband 3 days before he didn't cum inside me but accidently on my fingers and it entered to my vagina. According to tests his sperm are really vigorous than normal. Is there chance for me to get pregnant? can I take morning after pills now to avoid pregnancy? if I can, can you suggest some pill's name available in thrissur district, kerala. Please get me answers fast because we both are not prepared for a baby right now.
I'm 46 years of age. I got myself chek up recently at CMC. The doc says im going thru perimenopause. Depression. Anxiety. Weight gain. I m bloated due to water retention. Medicines given to me r Daxid 50 mg Dytor-5 Petril-MD 0.25 please help me im also a hypothyroid patient but it is under control. Free T4 18.0 fast g sugar is 87 mg.
Hi. I m 21 year old married woman. I feel fever and warming in my bottom of leg. And my period time doesn't get properly and not upto 5 day (only 3 day and that is also improper) please give me suggestion.
Hi doctors, am 26 years old female, I am trying to conceive, though I just got married four months back, but the problem is that my menstrual circle use to normal but I get married, I mean 28 days but ever since my first month of marriage the circle has change, we went to the hospital and we were asked to treat infection which we did, and took the medicines as prescribed, but unfortunately it came earlier than before this month which make it very difficult for me to time my fertility period. Please help us.
Pregnancy is a joyous journey of surprises and new experiences. It is really hard to understand the changes that your body goes through during this beautiful period. You might have heard stories from your elders and friends. But, what it exactly feels like and what it takes or gives to be pregnant, can only be realised when you are pregnant yourself.
The most interesting part of this journey is that it’s nature and characteristics differ from one woman to the other. The symptoms experienced are completely or partially different for different expecting moms. But, one most common symptom of pregnancy is exhaustion. Almost every mother has gone through this experience during the first trimester. You might get a feeling of flu or feel as if you haven’t slept for five days. But don’t worry as this exhaustion is temporary. It vanishes as your pregnancy enters the second or third trimester or ends.
Here’s how you can cope up with the exhaustion of the first trimester:
- Maximise your happy or good hours: Exhaustion is not constant throughout the day. It hits hard either during the day or night. You need to identify these hours. It is best to avoid your work and social life at this time. You can use the other half of the day, when you are active, to carry out your day-to-day activities.
- Increase your sleep schedule: You need to get proper rest for your body and fetus. Sleeping for just seven or eight hours might not be enough. You may have to sleep for ten or eleven hours in the night to get rid of the exhaustion.
- Take short naps: A major way of coping up with the exhaustion is to take short naps. A power nap in between your working schedule can help you regain your lost energy. You will feel refreshed. Take the nap for 20 minutes only. Don’t take a too much longer nap. Doing so will only make you feel more lethargic.
- Drink water like a fish: You will have to keep your body hydrated. Make sure that you stay hydrated all the time by drinking the right amount of water. Dehydration can increase your exhaustion. A rule for drinking water is to equalise your body weight divided by two in ounces plus 8 ounces more with that
- Take help: You must not try to do things alone. You will have to take help from others like the house taker, relatives, family members or friends to do the housework. Also, request your employer to give you less work during this period.
Apart from these indulge in light exercise and eating a balanced diet along with small portions of healthy snacks in between meals is also a must for an expecting mother.
I am 23 years old. I am having hormonal imbalance. Doctor has prescribed me normoz tablet twice daily for 6 months. I started having it from 18th march 2016 and I have got my period early after having it and its not been a month and I got my period again. Is it fine or not? Is the medicine good.
I have a follicle cyst of 5.5*4.9 cm in a ovary and I have lot of pain in abdomen area and the pain is unbearable what should I do. Is this operate this cyst.
I had sex with my gf and I hv given her i pil after 28 hours of sex and after 7-8 days her bleeding was there and her pregnancy test is negative and one month and 5-6 days are over but her periods have not come yet pls help
My periods got completed on Wednesday & went out with my boyfriend on saturday. We did not had sex neither did he penetrate me. But since we were too close it is possible that a bit of his premature ejaculated liquid has reached my vagina. I have been facing nausea dizziness pain in lower back since Monday. I have eye problem and have power, and I did not wear specs for two days, I have acidity problem. I am pcos patient too. I have been taking rantac 150 for 2 days twice. Acidity has decreased a bit. But back pain is continuing. Is it possible that back pain is because of the posture we took together even though we did not have sex. My weight is 60 kg. and my lower abdomen has more fat. I am having pain now in lower back and in lower abdominal and thighs joint on both sides. And my head is still feeling heavy.
I am 25 years old female working in an E-commerce field and thus has to continuously sit for 9-10 hours in front of my system. Daily morning I am going for walk but still my fats are not lowering dowm spclly tummy, thigh, back and face. As I am suffering from PCOD I am on ayurvedic medication from last 6 months. What should be done to reduce my fats.
My wife's last LMP 23/08/15 and her period is not come till today pregnancy test is positive and we don't want child what should I do? please suggest me any medicine. Thanks.
A stinging pain in the neck that makes you feel broken from the neck joint could be a reason to worry. It is often accompanied by an aching head or a throbbing shoulder joint. Neck pain, such as this occurs due to an injury in the area resulting from sudden back and forth movement of the neck. It is referred to as whiplash as the nature of the pain and subsequent discomfort resembles the snapping of a whip. The pain is more like a sprain, but not exactly so. This can affect athletes or even any person in general who has faced an accident in recent past. Whiplash is characterized by a tearing of ligaments and tendons that connect one bone to another.
Causes of Whiplash:
- Sports that involve contact: Any extracurricular activity involving collisions or other forms of physical contact can cause neck injuries. Football and rugby players frequently suffer from Whiplash.
- Road accidents: Public transport has a host of disadvantages. Reckless driving can make the tendons of your neck tear. Auto accidents cause immense strain on your neck; it can also lead to Whiplash.
- Any kind of physical abuse: If you have gotten into a violent fight with someone your neck could suffer from a Whiplash. Instances of physical abuse where the neck is jerked or punched at can also result in neck strains. Domestic violence often leads to instances of neck strains.
Symptoms related to this condition:
- You may or may not suffer from tinnitus. Tinnitus is a physical disorder where you hear ringing sounds. It is quite distracting.
- Your vision might get blurry.
- You can experience irregular sleep patterns.
- You can find it hard to concentrate on any one thing for more than a while.
- You can grow irritable at the drop of a hat.
- Your memory may fail you. You might find it next to impossible to trace back a day's activity.
Some of the other direct symptoms are:
- Your neck might turn stiff preventing you from moving it left, right, up or down.
- Pangs of pain can be felt in and around your shoulders.
- Your upper arms can grow numb and tender.
- Your head can spin repeatedly or you could feel dizzy.
- Whiplash can also result in serious fatigue.
Ovarian cancer is referred to as the cancer of the ovaries. The ovaries are a component of the female reproductive system. There are two ovaries located on either side of the uterus in a woman's body. Ovaries which are the organs responsible for producing egg cells also produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer which often goes undetected until it has spread all the way to the pelvis and the abdomen. However, it is also very difficult to treat the condition in its later stages which is why diagnosing ovarian cancer quickly is quintessential. Here is everything you need to know about ovarian cancer;
- No symptoms at first: Usually, in its early stages ovarian cancer does not cause any symptoms.
- Abnormal bloating: Bloating is when your abdomen swells due to excess fluid or gas inside. Abnormal bloating is more frequently associated with irritable bowel syndrome or even constipation is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.
- Feeling full quickly: This is also an associated symptom which has often been mistaken for constipation or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Weight loss: This is one of the more common signs of ovarian cancer.
- Discomfort in the pelvis area: This symptom occurs towards the later stages of ovarian cancer after it has already spread.
- Constipation: Constipation is a symptom of ovarian cancer as well.
- Frequent urination: This is yet another symptom which is a sign of ovarian cancer.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are often mistaken with that of irritable bowel syndrome and constipation.
Causes: As with other forms of cancer, it is still very unclear what exactly causes ovarian cancer.
- Surgery: Surgery most commonly involves removing large parts of the female reproductive system which includes the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the uterus as well as the lymph nodes. The surgeon will also try and remove as many cancer cells as possible from the abdomen and pelvic areas.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy is usually done after surgery. It is usually performed so that the rest of the cancer cells are killed off. Chemotherapy drugs can be injected directly into the vein, abdominal cavity or sometimes even both.
" if you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little matters. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude".
Me and my girl friend went to trip My sperm has fallen on my girl friends vagina We are not so sure it has entered her vagina or not. How will we come to know she's pregnant or no What will be the symptoms if she is gonna be pregnant I know soo much that she will miss her periods And her period was started on 17th and this has happened on 26th was she on safe day?
Being a lady, shopping is my favourite task. I love to shop whether its clothes, jewellery, bags, shoes, home furnishing products or my daughter's stationary items. I am pretty sure 99 % of the women love to do that. But being a medical nutritionist and a mother, I am very cautious while purchasing the grocery. As every time with the change in season, cold, cough, flu become the common ailments as immune system of people is very weak these days because of the improper diets and unscheduled eating habits. I take charge that my family should not be affected by choosing right food for them. I will share some of the magical food items which all of you must include in your respective shopping lists, whenever you are going for the next purchase.
1. Citrus fruits
Vitamin c increases the production of white blood cells in the body which are responsible to fight against infections. Our body does not produce or store it, so it is really essential to include citrus fruits in the diet as almost all of them contain vitamin c. Some common examples are:
It is a super food packed with minerals, vitamins such as vitamin a, c and e and many antioxidants. The best way to serve this healthy veggie is to cook it as little as possible and keep the nutrients packed.
3. Red bell peppers
Red bell peppers have vitamin c double the amount of citrus fruits which help in maintaining healthy skin and the beta carotene in them keeps both the eyes as well as skin healthy.
4. Ginger garlic
These are the most commonly used ingredients in the indian cuisine and along with the taste, they add infection fighting properties to the food. Garlic helps in lowering the blood pressure and ginger help controlling the cold in taking place in first instance itself.
5. Green tea
I always recommend green tea to everyone and it is an inseparable part of my daily regime. Not only it aids weight loss but also produce germ fighting compounds because of the presence of flavonoids.
6. Sunflower seeds
Winter season is very famous for its love for sarson (sunflower.) these seeds are packed with vitamin e which is responsible for fighting and maintaining immune system. It is full of nutrients like phosphorous, magnesium and vitamin b-6.
I include 10 soaked almonds in my morning routine because of the presence of the key to healthy immune system in it named as vitamin e.
Next time you go for shopping grocery, buy all these things as limiting yourself to only one of them won't make any difference. The variety and combinations of all of them will keep your immune system strong and your body healthy.