Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonia Naik
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia NaikYour feedback matters!
A very good doctor. She actually treats everyone as if they are their family. Very knowledgeable person.
My frnd is 21 year she had unprotected sex a week back now she is getting milk fro her breast what may be the reason.
My period is lighter than usual. It doesn't even feel like I have my period (I do) I'm not pregnant as I've never had sex. My period is usually heavy on the 1st 3 days. I'm on day 3 .and its still light. Do you think its because my blood is low? My mom advised me to take Vitamin b Complex tablets. Do you think those will work?
Helo I had sex with my bf last month n today is 17 april n I am scared when my datecwill occur I checked with upt it was negative. Am I pregnant? N um having slight pain in abdomen: (What to do to make my date occur early?
A balanced diet is one which contains different types of foods in such quantities and proportions so that the need for calories, proteins minerals, vitamins and other nutrients are adequately met. A small provision is made for extra nutrients to withstand short duration weakness. Everyone should know about the requirements/needs of body in terms of nutrients/energy and on the basis of this daily diet should be planned. Our diet requirements can be defined in to 4 groups namely: adult men, adult women, small childs and teenagers.
The daily requirement of individual diet depends upon growth status (age, sex, height and weight), physical activity and physical stress or illness keeping in view the recommendation of the nutrition expert group of the icmr for dietary allowances.
A balanced diet has a major role in achieving long healthy life.
1. It helps in controlling body weight, heart rate and bp.
2. Increase in exercise capacity and muscle performance.
3. Improves blood sugar, lowers harmful cholesterol and triglycerides and increases the beneficial hdl cholesterol.
4. Produces mental and physical relaxation.
I'm 22 and had protected sex with a partner on the 15th of October. We used a separate condom each time he penetrated me. However, between acts we removed the condom (s) and had oral sex. He ejaculated near my collar bone. I was worried about an unwanted pregnancy and hence took an emergency contraceptive 48 hours after the said act. I have irregular periods and my gynaecologist has prescribed Deviry 10 mg 5 days a month (21st day of my cycle to 25th day. First day being first day of period). I took this from 8th of October to 12th (Though, I didn't stick to a fixed time 10 pm one day, 8 pm the other and the like). It's the 21st of October and I still haven't gotten my menses. Is there a chance I could get pregnant? How should I proceed from here on.
I had sex frequently with my bf nd now I do not have my periods for last 2 months. I used pregnancy test kit nd it shows that I am not pregnant. What will be actually my prob.
Me and my gf had sex yesterday evening and she took I pill today afternoon. Any possible for pregnancy. We used condom but it was broken. That's the reason she took I pill and she pass urine and wash vagina. Please answer me.
You might have heard of the eucalyptus oil and the first thing that comes to your mind would be is the treatment of cold. Well, eucalyptus is not just an effective remedy for cold and it is much more than a passing herb that you can miss. Eucalyptus oil can be used as an analgesic, antibacterial, anticatarrhal and anti-inflammatory agent. Let us get on directly with the benefits of using the ever affluent oil.
Benefits of Eucalyptus oil:
- Dental problems: Eucalyptus is naturally minty and it can treat cavities, gingivitis, and in some cases even dental plaque. It has germicidal characteristics and they are very beneficial in fighting dental problems. Nowadays, even many modern toothpastes have a dash of eucalyptus oil as its ingredient. Such is the power of this product.
- Asthma: Asthma attacks can occur at any time. Under those circumstances, massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the chest or you can inhale the aroma directly to breathe better.
- Congestion: Nasal congestion and eucalyptus oil go hand in hand. Add a few drops of oil to the boiled water and inhale the steam to get rid of all your nasal congestions.
- Cooling temperature: Eucalyptus oil cools the body down! It is especially beneficial in the summer months when the instances of heat strokes rises. Apply it directly to your body to maintain your body temperature and to maintain it.
- Cough: You can say goodbye to coughing, sneezing, blocked nose, etc. with the usage of eucalyptus oil. They are also beneficial in curing a variety of ailments from wounds, fevers, and respiratory ailments. You can use them as an overnight ingredient to get a soothing sleep and the aroma can act as a mind relaxant too.
- Diabetes: Eucalyptus oil usage can increase the circulation in diabetic patients. You can also massage eucalyptus oil onto the body and take a bath later to increase the blood circulation.
- Dysentery: Eucalyptus oil is also known to fight against diarrhoea, inflammation, and other infections. Apply raw eucalyptus oil on your abdomen area and massage in a circular motion for the best results.
- Ear inflammation: You should never put essential oil directly into the ear cavity. However, you can easily massage the oil around the ear and outer ear for pain relief. In case if it gets in your ear cavities, seek medical help immediately.
- Kidney stones: Kidney stones can be painful and debilitating. Eucalyptus oil is known to reduce the pain when applied in the kidney areas and massaged.
- Muscle pain: Eucalyptus can act as a natural analgesic and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Massage a few drops of eucalyptus oil evenly over the affected area to ease the pain. You can even warm the eucalyptus oil and massage it to soothe the muscle pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
Swollen face or hands
Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
Round-ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy
Gushing of fluid
If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not.
If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!