Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonia Malik
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia MalikYour feedback matters!
I HAVE SEX WTH MY HUBBY ON 8 june on the first day of my periods and my period last 6 days n after that I did not have my periods till now? Please tell me is m pregnant or nt? Why I missed my periods?
I m 19 years old. My periods r not cum regularly and also suffer from thyroid from last 3 years. Due to this problem my weight continue increase. More totally depend upon medicines. So please help me! Hairs r also grow on my breast chin stomach etc.
Sir I have missed my periods this month. The date of maturational cycle was 7 Dec .but still I have not come periods. I have physical relationship. Not sexual like. Only had outer contact on 30 Nov .but still I didn't have sex. Please help me why is it still not come. I took pregnancy tests by kit after 7 days. But result was negative. Please help me what should I do. Am I pregnant or not?
I took I pill twice in a week. One week later I got bleed. Is there any chance of pregnancy? When will my nxt period come? I took the I pill within 24 hrs. I had my sex on 2nd day and 8th of my period end. Plzz reply asap.
My marriage has been one year and I am trying to be pregnant since 3-4 month but I don't get any result yet. What shall I do please help me.
Hello Ian pregnant, about to complete 8 months by the month of Feb 2nd. So I wish to drink go Muthram that means cow urine. So can you please suggest .Is it safe during pregnancy. I heard that drinking go mutram will make painless delivery. So if necessary please say me which brand provides good quality for drink.
My period started yesterday morning and after that I had Normal 1st day flow I always take magnesia phosphoric 12x for cramps so I took that at noon before taking that med I checked my flow was normal after that in the night time when I changed it looked like my flow was reduced a lil bit and after that in night I again took the mp12x and I also took meftal spas because I was having really bad cramps and today morning I checked my flow reduced even more I didn't know what was happening I took mp 12x today noon around 12.30 pm and around 2 pm I had terrible pain contractions and checked my flow around 4.30 pm its very little and today is my second day. This is very strange please help what should I do today is my second day and my flow has reduced so much.
I have tried 7 times iui 2 times ivf still my wife has not conceived I am now 40 and my wife 35 her amh now is 2.3 and my sperm count is 20 million I am thinking of now going for once again for ivf which is best centre what precautions should we both take her tubes are patent and no endometriosis or cist also let me know how shall I improve my sperm count
Do you feel disinterested in getting physically close to your partner? If yes, then it can be a sign of HSDD, that is Hypoactive sexual desire disorder. It is a sex disorder marked by disgust and disinterest towards sex. This disorder affects both men and women.
Men with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Men are generally perceived as highly sexual beings, but in reality, 1 out of 5 men may be suffering from HSDD.
Some possible causes of male HSDD include:
- Psychological issues: Anxiety and stress due to the strain of family or relationship problems, rigours of daily life or mental disorders such as depression are some of the factors that influence sexual desire.
- Medical causes: Diseases (for example: diabetes), conditions (such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity) and drugs (such as hair loss medications) have adverse effects on sexual desire.
- Hormonal problems: Low levels of testosterone usually lead to low sexual desire. Other hormones, such as the thyroid hormone or prolactin (hormone that governs the development of breast milk) can also contribute to the cause.
- Low levels of dopamine: Dopamine is a neurotransmitter, which is responsible for the pleasure perception in your brain. Low levels of dopamine usually signify low sexual desire.
How it can be treated ?
If the cause is psychological, then sex therapy (psychological counselling based on sexual issues) is used to treat HSDD. But if it is hormonal, testosterone supplements are used.
Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
Female HSDD is more complicated and is difficult to diagnose. HSDD can affect women across all ages.
In women, this disorder can have a wider spectrum of causes, which include:
- Interpersonal relationship problems: Certain problems such as the partner’s performance issues, loss of emotional gratification with relationships, childbirth and becoming nothing, but only a loved one’s caregiver can all lead to low sexual desire.
- Sociocultural influences: Media’s portrayal of sexuality, peer pressure and job stress have negative influences on sexual desire.
- Low testosterone: Women produce testosterone as well, and similar to men, low levels of this sex hormone cause a significant dip in sexual desire.
- Medical problems: Mental illnesses such as depression or medical problems, such as fibroids or endometriosis (a disorder characterized by the growth of uterine tissues outside the organ) affect women, physically and mentally, thus making ‘hypoactive sexual desire disorder’ a possibility.
- Medications: Excessive use of antidepressants, oral contraceptives and blood pressure drugs can lower sexual desire.
- Age: The androgen (sex hormone) levels lower drastically as a woman ages, thus negatively impacting her sexual desires.
Sex therapy (therapy that concerns itself with counselling and addressing one’s physical or psychological hindrances to sex) medication changes, diagnosing underlying medical problems, vaginal estrogens and testosterone therapy (therapy that helps in managing the effects of low levels of testosterone) are mostly used to increase sexual desire in women. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.