Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia MalikYour feedback matters!
PMS is often treated as a joke but for many women, it is a monthly nightmare. Muscle cramps, headaches, bloating, breast tenderness, anxiety and depression are common symptoms of PMS. Though there is no set cure for PMS here are a few tips that will help you deal with it.
- Set an exercise routine: Exercising not only helps you maintain weight but also helps dealing with PMS. You only need to set aside 30 minutes a day for a brisk walk, jog, swim or even dance. Aerobic exercises improve blood circulation, ease stress and help the brain release happy hormones.
- Change your diet: If you are feeling bloated and depressed, cut back on simple carbohydrates like sugar and fat and increase your consumption of complex carbohydrates like fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Do not attempt a low carb diet to lose weight if you suffer from PMS. Reducing the simple carbohydrates in the body and increasing the complex carbohydrates keeps you body feeling full for longer and increases the serotonin levels in the body.
- Quit alcohol and caffeine: Drinking a glass of wine or a cup of coffee may give you temporary relief from PMS symptoms but in the long run they aggravate your PMS symptoms such as headaches, breast tenderness and mood swings. Alcohol may also contribute towards lowering the magnesium levels in your body and thereby make you feel bloated.
- Relax: One of the effects of PMS is to make you feel anxious and tense. The easiest way to address this is by learning to relax. Try meditation or yoga for half an hour every morning. This will improve your overall health as well as soothe muscle pains.
- Take a few supplements: Research says that certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and linoleic acid can lower irritability and body aches associated with PMS. Calcium is also known to help ease PMS symptoms. Getting these nutrients in the required levels may not be possible only through your daily meals. Hence, you can also consider supplements to ease your pains.
- Use Birth control pills: Birth control pills with the drospirenone hormone can help ease symptoms of severe PMS. Menstruation is often accompanied by a drop in estrogen levels that can lead to migraines. Birth control pills also regulates your hormones and hence avoids these fluctuations. It also keeps your ovaries from releasing eggs every month and hence reduces the intensity of the associated cramps.
- Talk to people: You are not alone when it comes to PMS. Instead of keeping quiet about your discomfort, talk to people who may be experiencing something similar. Sharing your problems will introduce you to new ways of dealing with it. You could also get online support through various discussion groups.
My wife don't have any interest in sex. We often do it in a week or two. She have hormonal deficiency.
I had a ectopic pregnancy last year. And laparoscopy surgery was done. Doctors say that they diet harm the tubes. But after that my weight is continuously gaining. I have never crossed 53 kg . But now I am 59. I am doing little diet on my own. And brisk walk for 40 mins. Still there is no effect. Please suggest. Is iy due to surgery or os there any hormonal imbalance?
I have warts on my vagina and my husband also have the same problem in his private parts. It is because of my husband that I developed this problem. I suffer from lot of itching and irritation. So pls tell me some remedy for my problem.
Junk food is something you should generally avoid, courtesy to the health problems that they may cause. However, in some cases, when you are hungry you tend to go for junk food items as they are easily available. The other reason is that you don't know what you should opt for if you avoid junk food.
Outlined below are some healthy food options that you may replace junk food with:
- Replace ice cream with frozen yoghurt: Ice cream is considered to be laden with sugar that will add a sizeable number of calories, so you may replace that with frozen yoghurt. Yoghurt does not contain sugar and contains probiotic bacteria and protein that are good for your body. The probiotics in yogurt will help in enhancing your digestive system.
- Replace caffeine with fresh fruit juices: Caffeine is a known vasoconstrictor, which means it tends to narrow your blood vessels. This leads to problems in blood circulation and can lead to problems, such as erectile dysfunction. Instead consume fresh fruit juices as they are much healthier than coffee. They contain antioxidants that protect your body from free radical damage.
- Potato chips with bananas: If your cravings for salted food, such as chips increase then it points to a deficiency of potassium in the body. Instead of reaching for the packet of chips, eat a few bananas. They contain good amounts of potassium which helps to regulate fluid balance in the body.
- Eat nuts instead of chocolate: Instead of gorging on chocolates, a healthier option would be to opt for various kinds of nuts, such as almonds and cashews. They contain magnesium which tends to reduce chocolate cravings. They also provide the body with healthy fats and protein which help in building lean muscle mass in the body.
- Replace cookies with dry fruits: Cookies contain sugar in large amounts, which has the potential to create havoc on your body. From increasing blood sugar levels to obesity, it can cause serious complications. Opt for dry fruits as they are rich with important nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals that are essential for the human body. Add food such as dates, almonds and apricots to your diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Help doctor my periods are delaying last month on 22 it has started n ended till 27 but now it delayed I tensed what should I do.
सर 22 को सेक्स किया था और पीरियड्स का समय है 26 आज 5 तारिक होगई है अभी तक पीरियड नहीं आया है पीरियड लाने के लिए कोई टेबलेट्स का नाम बताये जो आसानी से किसी भी दुकान में मिल सके|(धन्यवाद)
I have two big cysts around 6cm, 5cm on my two ovaries, my age 39. Is there any remedy to cure my cysts without operation.?
My friend had unprotected sex 1 week before with her boyfriend. She got her periods on 19 April and she had sex on 13 April. She is concerned because the flow of her period is very light after 1 day. From second and third day it is very light. Is she pregnant? Should she consult a doctor or wait check by home pregnancy test.
- Drink lemon water every morning after you wake up. This will have an alkalizing effect on the body and keep the body hydrated and mineralized. Stay hydrated throughout the day,
- Must include vitamin D3 in your diet. Especially if you live is a colder climate where sunlight is reduced during the winter season.
- Increase consumption of leafy greens to ensure enough B vitamins, fiber and mineral supply in the body. You will get a lot of calcium, magnesium, iron, B vitamins and other minerals through leafy greens. Swiss chard, collard greens, yogurt, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, spinach contains these minerals.
- Eat fatty fish, fish or flax oil every day to get relief from hormonal imbalances.
- My most favourite remedy to get relief from cramps is an Ayurvedic home remedy using cinnamon and ginger to make a tea. Just use quarter tsp. of ground cinnamon and a pinch of ground ginger or a couple of thin slices of half an inch of fresh ginger to a cup of hot water. Wait and let it steep for 5 minutes. Strain and drink the tea.
- Vitex or chaste berry is a herb that eases menstrual cramps,
- Evening primrose oil or borage oil are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids and are known to reduce breast pain and tenderness as well as PMS symptoms.
- Dietary intake of calcium and magnesium is crucial for balancing the hormones.
- Using heating pads or hot water bags around the area relaxes the stiff muscles and reduces pain by bringing oxygen in the area.
- One of the most important things to address is relaxation through 7-8 hours of sound sleep and stress reduction. Meditation and breathing exercises (pranayama) also assist in reducing stress.
- If you eat a lot of nuts, seeds and grains then increase aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercises release endorphin hormones or 'feel good' hormones in the body. The presence of this hormone works like a natural pain killer.
- Apply natural progesterone cream or wild yam cream. Apply this cream on the stomach, lower abdominal area, buttocks, things, breasts and upper arm area. Best time to apply this cream is a week before the start of your period.
The health benefits of holy basil, also known as tulsi, include:
- oral care
- relief from respiratory disorders
- treatment of fever
- treatment for asthma
- Treatment for lung disorders
- Treatment for heart diseases
- Treatment for stress.
It is undoubtedly one of the best medicinal herbs that has been discovered. It has endless miraculous and medicinal values and has been worshiped and highly valued in India for thousands of years.
A few leaves dropped in drinking water or foods can purify it and can kill germs within it as well. Even smelling it or keeping it planted in a pot indoors can protect the whole family from infections, coughs, colds and other viral infections.