Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old F. Since 3 days I feel a little pain in the lower stomach. I had my periods last Tuesday and the discharge was jus spots for 3 days and after that white slimy discharge started coming. Also I feel a little discomfort can not say it is pain at this discharge. And I did not feel any smell to the white discharge.
Doctor prescribed krimson 35, metmorfin and folvite for pcod. Advised me to take krimson from 5th day only. I was on the pill from november and may be the november interval was for 8 days instead of 7 day. Since period started after 4 days of finishing the pack. Did not miss any of the pill either november or december and I took the pill after dinner usually from 9-11 (never exactly on time, but within time frame). December pill pack ended on 24th december and had unprotected sex activity on 25th noon, where partner rubs his genitals on my butt but no penetration (either anal or vaginal) no ejaculation was done also strict. But since in a guys precum there are 1000 of sperms (though he went to toilet before the act) and if it manage to swim from back to vagina will their be any egg to fertilize? Since November-December time gap was 8 days instead of 7, will 1 day gap triggers ovulation? There was a full 5-6 day bleeding after completing December pill pack from 28th dec to 2nd january. Is it withdrawal bleeding on pill? Or a bleeding on pregnancy can last for 5 days? After how many days of regular use pill started to work effectively. I had some antibiotics for skin which was given after considering pcod treatment. Nevertheless will it reduce the effectiveness of the pill. Earlier my cycle was 48-50 days which came to nearly 28 days from november. Will 1 day gap on nov-dec interval leads to ovulation when earlier cycle was that much long? My pill pack of jan got over on this Saturday 21st January. If I got period this time will it be a sure indicator m not pregnant? Do timing is important for combined pill? Is the pill to be continued from 5th day of periods or will we have to start after 7 days. If we had bleeding at proper time on pill and their was normal bleeding it means the pill have worked? My Dr. only tld me to tke the pill after dinner and from 5th day. But does the pill have protect me? Does the pill give proper protection after 7 days or we ve to complete a total course? Or does rubbing on the back and not having Intercourse leads to pregnancy even if their was precum and no ejaculations?
I had unsafe sex with my wife but I discharged my sperm outside her vagina . After 10 days she used a pregnancy test kit to check whether she is pregnant or not but the the kit shows single negative line. After someday of that test she also had normal period but following the next month her period delayed by 5 days and also she is suffering from waist pain , head ache , vomiting , uneasy feeling. Is she pregnant ?
5 Things to Keep in Mind if you Have Had Unprotected Sex
If you are not planning to get pregnant, some kind of contraceptive precaution should always be taken before or during sex. But, sometimes real life situations do happen in emergency when one is either not ready / forgotten/ignorant or lazy to use these precautions. The resultant anxiety starts taking a toll on you from the next morning after. Here are a few things that every sensible woman should keep in mind:
1) Unwanted pregnancy: Please keep a track of your last period date i.e. the day you started to bleed in the last month and calculate a projected date when your periods will start in this month. One can roughly divide a 28 day cycle in 4 quarters. Then calculate in which quarter the unprotected sex happened. If it happened in the first and the last quarter, then your chances to conceive are extremely rare but theoretically a pregnancy can result from even a single sexual contact at any time of the period.
2) Emergency contraception: If a pregnancy is a total no-no, you must consult a doctor to give you emergency contraception. This tablet needs to be taken as early as possible and within 72 hours of unprotected contact. The sooner it is taken the better are the results but its effectiveness is not 100% and failures resulting in pregnancy happen many a times. So do not rely on emergency pills except in real emergencies.
There is another way to protect your-self which is considered more effective by doctors. Intrauterine devices (Copper-T or multiload)can be inserted in your uterus up-to 5 days after an unprotected intercourse and removed as soon as your periods come. You could keep it for longer if you wish to use it as your regular contraceptive. This is more effective in avoiding pregnancy as compared to the pill and you could discuss this option with your gynaecologist.
3) Sexually transmitted infections: If it has been a one night stand or you are not very sure of your partner's sexuality, you must visit your gynaecologist to get yourself tested. Usually sexually transmitted infections cause pain in your lower tummy, foul smelling or itchy vaginal discharge, difficulty in urination and painful sex. If you think you have developed a STD (sexually transmitted disease), treatment should be taken quickly to avoid permanent damage.
4) Urinary infections: Difficulty in passing urine/ burning sensation and passing it drop by drop could be a sign of urinary infection which happens commonly in sensitive women after oral or vaginal sex. If you have any problems like this a simple urine routine test should be done to detect infections and treatment taken soon to avoid bad effect on your kidney.
5) Delay in Periods: Sometimes after unprotected intercourse, the periods are delayed. This can happen due to many reasons. The commonest reason is a delay associated with the use of emergency pills(I-Pill/unwanted 72 etc. available in Indian markets)) of up to one week. Stress, hormonal imbalance and failure of emergency pills causing a pregnancy are others. Whatever be the reason, one should not take a chance and at least do a home pregnancy test once every three days till periods resume. If the home test shows a positive pregnancy, you should contact your gynaecologist for further help.
Last month me n my wife had sex n I just put penis little inside and we both masturbated together. I did cum on her pussy, so we were afraid that she s pregnant. So she took an ipill before 24 hours. She got her period 7 days later as per her normal period n bleeding was less. This month she got periods on expected date and Again very less. Is it any signs of Pregnancy? She s getting little bleeding. Her chums is not happening as usual! please help. She is too worried.
Hi I'm a 23 years old girl. Sometimes I feel pain in my breasts and if I squeeze a little amount of grey liquid comes out of it. Is it normal at this age?
People who eat fruit and #vegetables as part of their daily diet have a reduced risk of many chronic diseases. Usda's my plate encourages making half your plate fruits and vegetables.
Vegetables are an important part of healthy eating and provide a source of many #nutrients, including potassium, fiber, folate (folic acid) and vitamins a, e and c. Options like #broccoli, spinach, #tomatoes and #garlic provide additional benefits, making them a superfood!
Potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure. Dietary fiber from vegetables helps reduce blood cholesterol levels and may lower risk of heart disease.
Folate (folic acid) helps the body form healthy red blood cells. Women of childbearing age who may become pregnant and those in the first trimester of pregnancy need adequate folate to reduce the risk of neural tube defects and spina bifida during fetal development.
Can a breast feeding mother take travel sickness medicine like avomine, if not what are suggestions. Baby is 3 month old.
I had 2 ectopic And doctors suggested me to fo for ivf now I do not want to do ivf Is there any other thing I can try please reply asap.
I want to know about hymenoplasty surgery. What are its complications, cost, best doctor for the same etc, also wanted to know the approx. Cost for it.
I had sex with my boyfriend on 14th february 2017 with out any protection but my boyfriend told he didn't spammed me. And after that I got period on 15th february and also on 14th march. But after my 2nd period I feel like my upper abdomen being tight. My food habit weight everything are normal there any worry about it?
Dear sir, We had intercourse with protection one time and now my periods is delayed by 11 days what to do and with two pregnancy kit I have tested both are negative.
Hello doctor, if period will not come after 7 weeks of D&C then what should I do next? Should I refer doctor now?
Today may be I'm 12 dpo & I tested then the result was negative but still I'm feeling weakness and frequent urination and feeling nausea and every sign of pregnancy. My due date of period is 3rd august.
It is not abnormal to see white discharges in women with different age groups. In a specific face of menstrual cycle this discharge can be seen. This problem is generally seen in teenage girls. Little bit of white discharge is not at all a medical problem. But, it can cause discomfort for the lady having white discharge. Excess of the discharge in a lady can be a matter of concern.
The medical term used for this white color liquid is known as Leuchorroea. This can give rise to many serious problems in the reproductive organ of the ladies.Women suffer from variety of health conditions that is mostly connected to genital organ and reproductive system. Getting white discharge is also a type of adverse physical condition that affects the overall health of the women.
Women feel really week and pale during this situation. Stomach pain is also been backed with the white discharge in women. During this stage, women give out the white or yellow color vaginal discharge. This is quite likely to happen during the menstrual cycle of individuals. Some women also suffer it during the pregnancy period. We have some home remedies, let us find out.
Problem caused due to white discharge
- How to treat the hormonal imbalance at home
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Pelvic inflammation
- Hormonal problems
- Vaginal infections
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical infections
Symptoms of the disease
Some ladies get white discharge without any symptoms or trouble. But, there are many individuals having white discharge backed with the symptoms such as constipation, redness, pain in stomach, Pelvic pain, itching, etc. If you are suffering from all these troubles, you can try some home remedies before showing to doctor.
Abnormal vaginal discharge
It is important to know whether an individual is having a normal vaginal discharge or abnormal discharge. White discharge is treated as normal. But, if the colors of the discharges seem to be:
- Grayish white
This can be a serious concern to ladies. This is the time to show doctor immediately. Thick white discharge backed with itching can also be a cause of vaginal thrush. This is generally caused by the effect of yeast or fungus growth in the particular area. People suffering from diabetes and was prescribed antibiotics can also be a reason for such white and thick discharge. The greenish yellow discharge backed with unpleasant smell is also very dangerous for a woman health. The medical term used for it is trichomoniasis which a form is of sexually transmitted disease.
Natural remedies for vaginal white discharge
- Fenugreek seeds: This is treated as a natural home remedy for while liquid discharge in many ladies. You must consume it by diluting it with hot water. It will make your internally strong as you drink the liquid. You can also cook the Fenugreek seeds in 1 liter of water. Cooking should be done in an uninterrupted way for a period of 30 minutes. You must drink after the water is cooled down.
- Lady finger: Most of the people have lady finger in their stock of vegetable. You can boil lady finger and consume its thick slurry to get relief from white discharge naturally. Some ladies also soaks lady finger with yogurt and tampons. Consumption of yogurt will naturally stop the growth of bacterial in the vaginal area.
- Many women are accustomed to experience some amount of vaginal secretion. This is good for heath as it cleans the bacterial and fungal growth in the vaginal area. Even during the sexual intercourse, the lubrication is possible due to the slippery surface with white discharge. This is known as normal Vaginal discharge.
- Coriander seeds remedy: In order to avail coriander seeds remedy for white discharge in ladies, it will be important to soak few teaspoons of coriander seeds in water for the whole night. Now strain water from the solution in the morning and drink it early in the morning in empty stomach. This is one of the natural remedies to treat white discharge with no risk at all.
- Indian gooseberry/ Amla: The other name for white discharge is leucorrhoea which has proved to have been treated well with Amla. You must slice the Indian gooseberry in pieces and dry them in sunlight. After few days it will become dry. Grind them and get powder out of it. Now take 2 teaspoon of such powder and mix it with same quantity of honey. Once the paste is prepared, just consume it to get the effective treatment. You must consume the paste 2 times in a day to get better result. For a diluted form, you can include the Amla powder and honey in water and drink it adequately.
Home remedies for yeast infection
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is a wonderful natural fruit which is not only tasty but also have variety of health benefits. It is treated as one of the effective home remedies to stop white discharge in women. You can either consume it raw with seeds or extract juice out of it to get remedy out of white discharge in ladies. Even, the leaves of pomegranate fruit works as a wonder to stop white discharge when made a paste and combined with water and consumed in the morning every day.
- Tulsi/ basil: Tulsi is one of the wonderful herbs which is not only worshiped but also has variety of medicinal value. For long, people have been using it as a remedy for treating vaginal discharge. Make a juice out of basil leaves and add honey with it. Drink this every day twice to eradicate the problem of white discharge totally. Alternatively you can also consume it with milk everyday to stay away from the problem of white discharge. You can also get basil juice with sugar syrup and stay away from vaginal white discharge.
- Rice starch: You can now extract rice starch after preparing rice. This needs to be cooled down and drink in a regular basis to prevent the problem of white discharge in ladies. You just need to boil rice and filter water from rice. This starch is highly preferable when you are repeatedly suffering from the trouble of white discharge.
- Guava leaves: Pick some guava leaves from the tree and boil them in water till the water becomes half. Strain the boiled leaves from the water and drink water to reduce the problem of vaginal discharge. Drink this twice in a day and stay fit and sound.
- Ginger: Dry ginger after cutting into pieces and place it I a grinder. Make powder out of it and avail this as a remedy for white discharge. You need to take 2 teaspoon of dried ginger powder and boil it in adequate quantity of water. The next step will be to boil ginger in water and drink it once the boiled water becomes half. You need to drink this water regularly for three weeks and stay away from leucorrhoea. This is a proven remedy for white discharge.
- Apple cider vinegar: These ingredients must be available at home as it has great property for different types of health issues. If you still do not have apple cider vinegar at home, it is the time to get it today. Take a glass distilled water and add a cup of apple cider vinegar. Mix them well and wash your vaginal area. You must do this twice in a day to remove the white discharge.
- Banana remedy: The fruit named banana also is loaded with variety of minerals and diseases fighting elements. You must keep ripe banana at home. This probably is a great remedy to cure leucorrhea. You must take at least 1 – 2 banana which are overripe every day in order to stay away from the problem named as white discharge from the vaginal area.
- Fig: Another wonderful household remedy to reduce white discharge in women is through the fig. This is the natural ingredient that has laxative effect over your body. You need to soak 2-3 dried figs in water overnight. Get up in the next day and blend the fig adequately and drink when your stomach is entirely empty. This is a wonderful remedy of reducing the white discharge from the skin. If you have powdered form of fig, you need to mix a spoon in two cups of water. Drink it regularly whenever you have the problem of white color discharge. Whether it is during menstrual cycle or pregnancy, this will be a great remedy.