Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia MalhotraYour feedback matters!
My wife age 28 facing infertility problem from 2 years Dr. Suggest for tube test is it safe. What should I do If tube found block or in working condition. What is the next step I take after tube test. Can HSG test can open block tube and helpful for my wife to getting pregnant Pls reply.
The relationship between intelligence and brain size, both among people and between various species, has never been precisely well defined. People often believe that their outstanding psychological capacities must mean that they are superior to all animals as far as brain size is concerned. However, it is not true since whales and elephants have much bigger brains than humans and humans have the same brain-to-body mass proportion as mice do.
Here are a number of ways by which the brain size can be determined:
- Encephalization remainder: Since it would be against human instinct to admit loss and defeat, researchers have created a measure to determine the brain size called the encephalization remainder. It is the proportion of actual brain mass with respect to the anticipated cerebrum mass for the animal’s size (based on the suspicion that bigger animals require somewhat less brain matter with respect to their size, compared to little animals). By this metric, human beings prove to be the best, with an EQ of 7.5 outperforming the dolphin's 5.3 and the mouse's 0.5.
- IQ testing: Without a solitary and evident method for measuring intelligence, some improved tests like IQ (Intelligence Quotient) are by and large acknowledged as a moderately decent working device. IQ estimations are not without issues, and there is a great deal of criticism about their significance. IQ testing uses government sanctioned tests, for example, the WAIS–III (Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale). The normal IQ is somewhere around 90 and 110. The scores beneath the normal may demonstrate changing degrees of pathology, for example, marginal intellectual function, or mental hindrance of different severity. Over the normal range is regularly connected with knowledge, splendour, talent, or genius. However, as with computers of a few eras, size and intellect do not precisely relate. Present day portable computers weighing around one or two kilogrammes can store more data and perform a greater number of assignments than supercomputers from the 1980s that used to possess expansive structures. This is a contrast amongst quantity and quality. Numerous scientists now hold the view that it is not the whole brain, which is bigger in a human with a higher IQ, yet rather certain zones that are denser and might be bigger. A fascinating late revelation is that these ranges can be expanded in size and enhanced in usefulness during the course of our life.
- NeuroplasticityIt refers to the dynamic procedure of repair and maintenance that our brains are continually experiencing. We are conceived with around hundred billion neurones, yet lose around two hundred thousand a day to a procedure called pruning. As we develop and grow, pathways in the brain that are not required are detached, and the neurones pass on. However, in a compensatory procedure, new neurones are delivered and more detailed associations are built up between neurones that are more dynamic. This is the procedure of de-cluttering, in which our brains develop to work at most extreme effectiveness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
Hello mam my age is 22 and muhje kuch time pahle fungus infection mere private part or thies par hua hai or jab se me us ke liye novale soap or terbicip cream use akr rhi hu tab se muhje bahut jayda safed pani ki problam ho rahi hai. Muhje kiya karna chahiye.
I'm facing white discharge ï.e.luecoerhea and itching problemem from Last two weeks. please suggest.
My girl and I had sex first time yesterday night and I happened like her hymen got broken and the blood also came out but the blood is not stopping still little blood is coming out is it natural or there is some problem.
Should there be a minimum age for the insertion of IUDs? I have learnt that barrier methods are not 100% effective neither the withdrawal methods.
Consuming a mediterranean diet - rich in fruits and fish - while decreasing the intake of soft drinks may help prevent the risk of developing colorectal cancer by nearly 86 per cent, suggests a new study. Colorectal cancer develops from intestinal polyps and has been linked to a low-fibre diet heavy on red meat, alcohol and high-calorie foods.
" We found that each one of these three choices was associated with a little more than 30 per cent reduced odds of a person having an advanced, pre-cancerous colorectal lesion, compared to people who did not eat any of the mediterranean diet components" said naomi fliss isakov from tel-aviv medical centre, in israel.
" Among people who made all three healthy choices the benefit was compounded to almost 86 per cent reduced odds" isakov added.
For the study, presented at the esmo 19th world congress on gastrointestinal cancer, the team included 808 people who were undergoing screening or diagnostic colonoscopies who were between 40 and 70 years old and had adhered to a mediterranean diet.
- A balanced diet can help cut down sugar cravings.
- A typical mediterranean diet was defined as consumption levels above the group median for fruits, vegetables and legumes, nuts and seeds, whole grains, fish and poultry and a high ratio of monounsaturated to saturated fatty acids, as well as consumption below the median of red meat, alcohol, and soft drinks.
- Consumption of even two to three components of the diet, compared to none, was associated with half the odds of advanced polyps, the study showed.
I am 29 recently married about 7 months we both mingle daily, but then still no such results, weather we have to consult any doctor for this.
My wife is pregnant, So what about our next intercourse! So doing sex is harmful for pregnancy at which month Details please advise.
I am 25 years old women and I'm 6 months pregnant. My legs pain so much this time that I am unable to sleep whole nights. And I have the habit of eating pan masala. What should I do to get relief and take proper sleep at night.
Hello sir/madam Meri shadi ko 1 saal ho gaya abi tak baccha nahin huwa madam ka monthly period 25 din bad aata your 5/6 din ruk jata ha us ki age 20 aur meri 25 Ask Nursing/Asst ne kaha Injection-Plscentrax 5/6 karo baccha ruk jayega Ab ap batwo ki kya karon sir ma sainik (fougi) hun aur wife k sath kam rehta hun.
A broken nose, often referred to as a fractured nose or a nasal fracture, it is a crack or break in the bones of your nose. The bone that is more prone to getting fractured is the one over the bridge of the nose.
There can be a lot of reasons for a broken nose. Common causes include falling down on your face or the nose being hit by a blunt object. Your nose may look twisted and you might have trouble breathing. A nasal fracture can cause pain in the nose and is usually accompanied by bruising and inflammation around the nose.
Any activity that tends to increase the possibility of facial injuries can also increase the possibility of a nasal fracture. The common risk factors include playing contact sports like soccer or rugby without proper face protection. Riding a two wheeler without a helmet or not using seat belt in a four wheeler can cause a nasal fracture if the vehicle meets with an accident. Physical fights can also result in a broken nose.
Symptoms and complications:
The common symptoms of a nasal fracture are:
- Pain in the nasal region. You may feel pain just by touching your nose.
- Swelling around the nasal region can also be observed.
- Your nose and the region below the eyes may be bruised.
- Sometimes you may experience breathing problems as well, since your nasal passage can be blocked due to a nasal fracture.
- Loss of shape of your nose along with bleeding and discharge of mucus from it are common signs of a nasal fracture.
There can be a lot of complications that can occur due to a broken nose. The complications may vary according to the nature of injury.
The common complications are:
- Clotting and collection of blood. Due to a heavy injury to your nose, the blood tends to clot in large quantities and sometimes can cause blockages in the nostrils. This condition is specifically referred to as septal hematoma and needs a quick surgical procedure to prevent any sort of breathing problems.
- Another complication that can result due to a nasal fractures nasal cartilage fracture or a deviation in the septum.
- Sometimes the impact of the blow, which has caused a fracture in the nose can also result in a neck injury.
Me 25 year ladki ki hu. Mere me estrogent ki kmi he nd upper lip me bal bhi aate he and estrpogent ki kmi se period bhi late aata he. Me estrogent bdhane ke liye" progynova@28 tablets 1 mg" leti hu. Muje ye estrogent bdha ne ke liye konsi medicine leni hongi? meri sadi ho gai he and abhi tak child nhi he. Please help me 2 be perfect girl.
Hi. My wife is 22nd week pregnant. She has been getting severe back ache since the start of pregnancy and even having low blood pressure. She is suffering a lot. Can you please suggest what to do?
An easy to make recipe which taken regularly helps manage blood sugar levels. The antioxidant property of amla helps boost immunity and metabolism.
Do spend atleast 30 minutes every day in routine such as cycling swimming or dancing as regular basis in same time is advisable to have or to maintain fitness along with balanced and nutritional diet
You probably think that things can go wrong during a surgery only and not to post surgery. However, you are wrong! The chances of infection after a surgery are very high and it used to be the highest cause of unsuccessful surgeries in the past, before it was known just how deadly an infection could be. A doctor, however, cannot monitor everything afterwards. Therefore, it is crucial you know and take care of yourself after the surgery.
Here are some ways in which you can do so:
- Keep it dry: It is crucial that you keep the incision dry for whatever period of time the doctor tells you as otherwise the chances of infection increase dramatically. Some of the things you should do to keep it dry is to not take a bath, scrub the incisions or put lotions on it. In fact, you should also not expose it to sunlight.
- Keep the incisions: You must trust your doctor as the doctor is trained and usually knows things better than you. Therefore, if the doctor tells you to keep the incisions, then keep them. Do not scrub, rub or put powder on them either.
- Check for signs of infection: This may be the easiest thing to do as there are many symptoms of an infection. These include a change in the color, size, or odor of the incision, fever, redness, hardening or heating of the surrounding area or in extreme cases more bleeding and pain than usual.
- Changing a dressing: This is a major cause of infections among surgery patients and the only way to prevent it is to follow the doctor's instructions. Once again, trust your doctor and remember to wash your hands and put on medical gloves. Do not put alcohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide either.
Here are some postpartum tips for mothers
Good morning everybody. I am Dr. Meenu Goyal, consultant obstetrician and gynecologist at Goyal Medical Center, Vasant Vihar. Today we are here to discuss the postpartum issues. Bringing home a new child is one of the happiest moment in a woman's life but with that comes emotional and physical challenges. Physically she may feel weak, she may feel be having sore breasts or hemorrhoids or fecal incontinence or constipation or the stitch line side pain or she can even have a vaginal discharge or the weight gain issues. Emotionally she may be Feeling the baby blues, the postpartum depression and as regarding the partner she might be having some struggles with her intimate life. The husband might want to pick up from where they left before the baby's arrival but a woman would be struggling through and would be craving more for a good night sleep.
So we ask the ladies to take care of her certain things, drink plenty of water at least two to three liters of water in summers and at least eight to ten glasses in winters. Also they should be taking care of their sleep. They should have a good night sleep. They should expect vaginal discharge. Consult your doctor in case you have fever, you have a painful menstruation or you are having problems in Menstruation, you have any swelling redness or pain or any kind of a fouls smelling discharge from your stretch line or you have any new belly pain or you have any kind of swelling tenderness or swelling in the legs or you have any problems with defecation like you have constipation or in case of any dirty discharge or any red colored discharged from your nipples.
Don't worry in case of any problem you just consult a gynecologist or you can chat with me or text me or email me or you can connect me through lybrate.com or at my clinic at Goyal Medical Center, Vasant Vihar.