Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonia Gulati
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sonia GulatiYour feedback matters!
Dental implants are basically replacing your teeth roots. In dental implants anchors are used which are actually a cylindrical screw like object. This is put in your lower and upper jaw bones through surgery and they work like stable bases for artificially replaced teeth. (Learn how to Avoid Yellowing of Teeth)
Dental implants can be of many types and the types of implants vary on the method of surgery.
Some prominent types of dental implants are:
Endosteal: In this method screws, blades or cylinders are surgically inserted in the jawbone. Every implant can hold one or more artificial teeth.
Subperiosteal: Through this process, artificial teeth are on the top of a jawbone by a metal framework. People who cannot wear artificial dentures and have a short bone height prefer this method.
Dental implants come with many advantages, some of the advantages may include:
Improved Appearance: Surgically implanted teeth feels like your own teeth, at the same time they also look better.
Improved Speech: With badly fitted dentures (learn more about regular care for dentures) you have chances to slur or mumble your words but with dental implants, it is easier to speak.
Improved Comforts: Dental implants are very comfortable; you will not find any difference with your own teeth.
Comfortable Eating: As it feels like your own teeth, you find no difficulty whilst chewing, and you can always enjoy your favourite food.
Improved Confidence: After dental implants, you will smile lot more than before and that will happen because of your regained self-esteem.
Durability: Dental implants last many years and if you take good care then it can last for your lifetime. Sometimes people choose dental implants for its durability.
Convenience: Although this process lasts for a very long time, you can replace it or change it anytime you feel like you are having any problem regarding it.
There are also some different processes through which dental implants can be done. It depends on your problems and needs.
Some processes may include:
Replacing one single tooth: if your one tooth is missing then one crown and one implant would be enough.
Replacing many teeth: if you are having problems with several teeth, then a full bridge of dentures can be used.
Replacing all your teeth: if it is needed then all your teeth can be replaced.
Sinus Augmentation: this one is a little difficult process, it helps to develop bones for dental implants. It also develops the quality of your bone.
Dental implants are very successful now. It is durable and good looking. After the implant the artificial teeth feels like your own teeth and it is very easy to handle.
Dear Dr. Want to know more about gingival cottage. Or gum surgery cost. please Suggest Dr. Near by me Kolhapur Maharashtra.
I am on 11 th day of post operative dental flap surgery with bone graft to my lower teeth. Tomorrow I will be going for suture removal. I am fond of dairy milk chocolates. Can you tell me if I can eat them doc? If not, when can I eat :(thank you.
I am 22 years girl. Now a new teeth grown 2-3 days before so pain my total mouth. What is the any solution of this problem?
Poor dental habits often invariably lead to complicated dental issues and hence expensive treatments. And, to maintain the general good health of your teeth, brushing is not enough. It is very important to regularly floss too.
Difference between brushing and flossing: For those who consider brushing and flossing to be similar, here is where the difference lies. While you brush your teeth, it's only the surface that gets cleaned. But the dirt that gets accumulated between the gaps of your teeth can only be cleaned by using a thin nylon thread, and that process is known as flossing. Avoiding flossing can lead to cavities and decay and also gum diseases at times.
Benefits of Flossing:
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases: Periodontal diseases, that is, diseases of the teeth, gums and mouth, can lead to heart diseases. Thus maintaining oral health can reduce the risk of any major ailments manifold. It can also help you to avoid the risk of diabetes and high body mass index.
- Cleaner breath: Flossing cleans the dirt between the teeth that gets accumulated when we eat. The accumulated food, if not taken out, starts decaying and creates bacteria and results in bad breath, leaving a bad impression.
- Cleaner and glossier teeth: Flossing regularly keeps your teeth clean and white. It also makes your teeth gleam, making your smile more attractive.
- Keeps you healthy while you are pregnant: During pregnancy, some women suffer from enamel wear and gum diseases. Thus, flossing regularly even while you are pregnant can help you maintain your dental health.
Types of dental floss:
- Waxed and unwaxed dental floss: Waxed dental floss is much smoother than the unwaxed version, and as a result, moves more easily between the teeth. On the other hand, unwaxed dental floss can be a little rough to use in the beginning.
- Teflon floss: Made of Teflon, this type of floss is extremely easy to navigate between the teeth and rarely gets stuck between teeth.
- Thread floss: This one works just like the other flosses, but is simply made of a different material, that is, nylon.
- Tape Floss: As compared to the other type of flosses, this particular floss is a little thick and is suitable for people who have wider gaps between their teeth.
You can also stick to flossing aids for maintaining proper dental hygiene. They are usually perfect for people who find the conventional forms difficult to adapt to. However, such aids may be more expensive than regular flosses.
You can also use a toothpick or an interdental brush in case you wish to avoid flossing. Just make sure that the dirt comes out, no matter which method you take up! Keep Smiling!