Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sonam YadavYour feedback matters!
I have a thyroid problem and there is a heavy hair loss. I am using thyrorich 50mcg, had thyroid problem from past 6 months. Give me solution for hair loss.
Hair transplant is a surgical procedure where hair is surgically implanted on the head. You can opt for this procedure, if you suffer from hair loss and bald spots on your head. The surgery comprises of shifting hair follicles from one part of the head to another. Mostly, hair follicles from back of the head are relocated to the balding areas.
The reasons when you can opt for a hair transplant are
- Involutional alopecia: It is a form of alopecia where the hair growth tends to decrease due to ageing resulting in thinning and shorter hair. The follicles remain in the telogen phase (resting phase) for an extended amount of time. You may opt for a hair transplant surgery to correct this disorder.
- Male pattern baldness (Androgenic alopecia): Androgenic alopecia is a condition which is characterized by a gradual receding hairline, especially along the temples. This is caused due to the testosterone hormone being converted in to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes shrinking of the hair follicles. If you are affected by male pattern baldness, then you may opt for a hair transplant surgery.
- Female pattern baldness: Females may also be affected by baldness which is characterized by loss of hair from the top of the head and gradual thinning of hair. It may lead to self-esteem issues; so opting for a hair transplant surgery is recommended.
- Traction alopecia: This type of hair loss occurs due to exertion of external pressure on the hair which may cause it to fall. If the hair does not grow back then it would result in a bald patch. Thus you may opt for a hair transplant procedure if you suffer from this disorder and experience loss of hair.
- Trichotillomania: This is a psychological condition where a person pulls out his/her hair. If excessive hair is lost resulting in bald spots, then you may opt for hair transplant surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have me lash on my face pigmentation on nose can I do chemical peeling on my face please give me solutions.
My age is 20 and I have started getting grey hair already. It's not a genetic problem as my father or my mother didn't have this problem during this time of their age. I think it's pollution. I don't know. The amount of grey hair is gradually increasing and I'm getting very conscious about it. Kindly suggest me a remedy or a treatment for this issue.
Sir I have a burn spot in my face how can I remove it. This accident happened in my childhood. Now I am 18+. I don't use any product remove it.
My skin is oily and have lots of acne, even I also tried lots of medicine like calapure lotion, percuna gel, adapen gel but they don't give me permanent relief so what can I do?
I am 20 year old male, from noida, I have been suffering from hair loss, i am a college student. My hair are getting thinner. And bald spots.
I have too many pimples in by face. My face is already changed by pimples. Please help me. What should I will do in my face to clear those pimples.
I am loosing hair quickly since from past 4 months, my hair density is very less, I tried lot of shampoos and also some medicine they show their impact to some extend but with time situation is going same as before, now please give me some tips which help me to solve my hair problem.
Sir can I use kojiglo gel only at night or I should use twice a day because sir I use ekran sunscreen lotion at morning and how much time does kojiglo takes to work.
I'm a science student and I have lot of pressure in my mind and I noticed that for this reason my hair gets white one by one. Is three any solution to keep my hair black naturally?
I am 30 years old female my hair is not a curly ,not a street, I want to hair straightening but I am confuse, so please advice me ,what should I do.
Hair fall My hair get rough & get damage due to dandruff please tell me which conditioner I should use.
Hair growth occurs either naturally or after a specific treatment for hair loss, hair thinning or even baldness. There are several treatments and solutions in the offering. Some of them are genuine and effective while many others are fads or ways to dupe harried people looking for solutions. Homeopathy is one field of alternative medicines that is highly effective in promoting hair regrowth and reducing or curing baldness in the process. It is a stream of medicine that is ancient wherein the doses are prepared by natural and sometimes herbal and mineral sources. People with a penchant for having thick dense hair or if they are suffering from baldness can turn to homeopathy for relief. Many practitioners prescribe the homeopathy medicines bearing the basic nature of a patient. A few specific medicines that are known to promote the hair growth are discussed below.
1. Lycopodium: this medicine is prescribed to those who are suffering from premature balding, including pregnant women and new mothers. The medicine is made from the spores of plants like club moss and is effective for both men and women.
2. Silicea: this is made from sandstones and human tissues and happens to be one of the most prescribed homeopathic medicines. It aids in making the hair stronger and nourishing the hair, thus taking its dryness away.
3. Natrum muriaticum: made from table salt, this medicine helps in hair growth for cases hair loss results from dry scalp and dandruff, skin and menstrual problems. Women suffering from menstrual problems also suffer from hair loss. This medicine is prescribed to them too.
4. Kalium cabonicum: this is prescribed a lot, specifically to stop thinning of hair, aiding the growth of hair in this process. It also cures brittle hair condition. Kalium cabonicum is made from the compounds which are used to make glass in Egypt.
5. Phosphorus: scalp disorders at times result in loss of hair in clumps. Phosphorus is prescribed for such situations.
6. Kali sulphuricum: as the name suggest, parts of this medicine is sulphur. It is available in liquid form and tablets as well. It should not be taken more than twice a day and should be discontinued after taking for a couple of weeks.