Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sonam YadavYour feedback matters!
Greying of hair occurs when the pigments which give hair its characteristic color stop working. The pigment cells present in the hair follicle produce a chemical known as melanin which is responsible for the color of the hair. Usually greying of hair begins when one reaches their mid-thirties, however, premature greying can occur in one's twenties.
These are some home remedies for treating greying of hair -
1. Almond oil and lemon juice massage - Almond oil enhances the elasticity and provides nourishment to the hair. Lemon is a good source of vitamins and phosphorus which help in promoting the growth of the hair. Combining almond oil and lemon juice helps in preventing greying of hair.
2. Indian gooseberry - Indian gooseberry or amla contains high amounts of antioxidants and vitamin C which is an excellent remedy for greying hair. You can either apply amla oil or consume the fruit to reap its benefits.
3. Henna - Henna is a natural hair colorant that is used to darken the color of the hair. It also helps in strengthening the hair strands.
4. Coconut oil - Coconut oil helps in moisturizing the hair, eliminates dandruff and promotes hair growth. Coconut oil contains high amounts of antioxidants that help in treating grey hair.
5. Black tea - Black tea enhances hair strength and promotes hair growth apart from adding a natural dark hue to the hair strands. It is one of the most favored methods to treat grey hair.
6. Curry leaves - Curry leaves contain vitamin B which improves the functioning of the pigments present in the hair follicle. It also provides nourishment to the hair and limits hair fall.
7. Blackstrap molasses - It is a by-product of sugarcane that is rich in minerals such as manganese, calcium and vitamin B. It is also rich in copper that is beneficial to the hair pigment.
8. Shikakai - Shikakai, also known as 'Acacia Concinna' is a herb that helps in grey hair treatment. It restricts hair fall and promotes growth of hair.
I 18 years old. I ak getting bald head in this age itself. And even white hairs started to grow. Is there any possible way to cure?
Hello, only my chest part of my body is itching and I have small pimple right below my abdomen n some times suddenly I feel like my skin is burning. What should I do n whom should I consult.
Beautiful eyes speak a thousand words. They play a pivotal role in shaping up your overall personality. Your eyes can make or break things in life. But appearance of dark patches under eyes may play a spoilsport. They foil the beauty of your innocent eyes. It is not just lack of sleep or rest that causes these unwanted dark circles. Researchers have found out that a number of factors are responsible for under eye dark circles. Here are the common reasons behind dark circles:
Aging: There are numerous blood vessels passing through the under eye region. As blood cells get clogged in these vessels, they give a blue black tinge to the region. Aging leads to the thinning of the skin under the eye. This makes the blood vessels more prominent and appears as dark circles.
Hereditary factors: You can sometimes blame the bad genes for occurrence of dark circles. Nutritional deficiency: If you are not taking balanced diet, you may end up developing dark circles. Your body must get adequate supply of vitamins A, C, K and E to prevent dark circles.
Insufficient Sleep: Lack of proper rest and sleep turns the skin under the eyes pale. Therefore, the blood in the veins becomes more prominent, causing dark circles.
Smoking and alcohol: The intake of alcohol or indulging in smoking can lead to dehydration of the body and thus lead to dark circles.
Long hours under the sun: Your skin under the eyes gets damaged by the UV rays from sunlight. Moreover, spending long hours under sun triggers the excess production of melanin pigment. This gives a darker shade to the region beneath your eyes.
Pregnancy and menstruation: A woman's skin is largely affected by the hormonal influences at the time of pregnancy or menstruation. The hormonal changes during these periods lead to darkening of the under-eye area
Diseases: Researchers have found that certain diseases linked to the liver or anaemia often causes dark circles under the eye.
Allergies: The colour of the under eye region often changes due to certain allergic reactions and subsequent scratching or rubbing of the area.
A holistic approach to remove dark circles combines chemical peels, microcurrent therapy and homecare solutions. Chemical peels break apart the dead cell layer and bring fresher skin to the surface, reducing pigmentation around the eyes. Microcurrent makes the under-eye area firmer while also supplying it with additional hydration. To maximize these results, a customized homecare regime is drawn up to suit your skin's specific needs.
Further, under guidance of a Cosmetic physician or dermatologist, changes in lifestyle and homecare regime ensure that you enjoy long-lasting results. With this approach, your eyes lose their tired look and are completely refreshed. This effectively reduces pigmentation around eyes and ensures that your eyes remain sparkling fresh as long as you want.