Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonal
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SonalYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I am married from 3-4 months My husband put his penis in my mouth Everytime we are together From early morning or during lunch dinner, he push entire penis in my throat Please suggest how should I enjoy this act so that I can satisfy my husband I can do anything for him. Can I swallow his sperm.
Meri friend ko pichle ek month se menstruation cycle nhi hai to uske liye mein usko kya sujav du ya koni tablet du ya check up karvauu.
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as at that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn:
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.
One day we make physical relation without protection. I gave her unwanted 72 pill withing 24 hr first time. Now it is 16 day from that day and her periods getting late 2 days. She always regular with periods. We don't want baby at any cost. Is there any chance of pregnancy. And if she become pregnant then how we can abort ant is this legal?
People have a common perception that most injuries, medical conditions only affect those who spend several hours working outdoors. But what if we tell you that people who stay indoors- such as homemakers - are also susceptible to numerous health problems?
There’s a saying: “Home is where the heart is.” But for countless homemakers, home is the place where ‘hurt’ is! Scores of Indian homemakers encounter various injuries every year while engaging in household chores like cleaning and washing. The most common ones are:
- Sprain: If you’re a neat freak, you wouldn’t mind spending half of your day cleaning the entire house. Here’s a small tip- go slow if your cleaning duties include shifting heavy appliances and furniture from one place to another. There’s a high chance that you may end up with a sprain injury. Sprains occur when you accidentally twist your ligaments. Another major cause of sprain injuries is a sudden fall. If you’re mopping the floor or cleaning the bathroom, there’s a fair chance that you may slip or lose balance. One must be cautious when working with water.
- Back injuries: These are the most common types of injuries at home. Bending, lifting a heavy bucket or an abrupt movement, can strain your back muscles or ligaments leading to back injury. Many times the injury can result in a persistent, sharp stabbing pain, and hinder your usual routine.
- Joint compression: Homemakers spend a considerable amount of time standing in the kitchen. As tiring as it is, standing for prolonged periods puts pressure on your joints- knee joint, hip joint as well as those in the feet and the ankle. This leads to wear and tear of the synovial joints, eventually causing them to tear. In due course of time, you will find it difficult to move around and walk even a meagre distance.
Starting to get worked up? Don’t be. These problems can easily be prevented if you follow these steps-
- Avoid overstretching, bending and twisting
- Avoid lifting heavy weights. If possible, use a waist belt to keep away from traumatic injuries.
- Keep your body weight in check. Mild exercises can help you with that.
- Maintain a healthy diet- calcium intake can help your bones get stronger.
- Use muscle braces to keep your joints protected.
The most preferred and effective choice of treatment for curing muscle injuries and joint inflammation is physiotherapy. Physiotherapy uses manual therapy, mechanical force and exercise therapy to promote mobility.
- The most common method of treating such injuries is the RICE technique. ‘RICE’ stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. Keep the injured part at rest. Put an ice bag on the injured portion. Compress the injured area. Elevate the wound/injury for faster relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen and Aspirin are prescribed to reduce inflammation and swelling. Painkillers can offer you instant relief from pain.
- Physiotherapy treatment can effectively cure you of such injuries, that too in a short span of time. If you follow the treatment guidelines, recovery will take about 2-4 weeks.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
With the increasing prevalence of diabetes, it is being considered as the next big epidemic – completely related to lifestyle. India has become the diabetes capital of the world with increasing prevalence. The age of onset of diabetes is reducing, with children having diabetes and requiring insulin. The complications arising out of diabetes are also more – there is no bodily system which is not affected by diabetes. For someone who is diabetic, keeping blood sugars under check is the constant challenge. Uncontrolled blood sugars can lead to transient complications including loss of consciousness and fatigue and long-term complications including neuropathy and retinopathy.
What is CGMS:
Continuous glucose monitoring system is an FDA approved device. This device has a sensor that is placed either in the belly area or on the arm. These sensors identify the sugar levels in the body fluid and send it to a wireless which is worn by the monitor patient as a belt. Readings can be obtained at regular intervals, ranging from every 5 to 15 minutes.
CGMS measures blood sugar levels every 15 mins, that is 96 times a day The data can be downloaded into a persona device – smartphone, tablet, or laptop and used for further analysis. It does not replace the need for routine monitoring, but helps improve vigilance with a constant monitoring. It can help detect trends and patterns and helps the doctor identify periods of the day when the sugars are too high or too low. The amount of insulin or antidiabetic medication required can be adjusted based on sugar levels. The exercise regimen can be defined including the type, time, and duration of workout. Meal planning can be customized to suit body needs in a better manner. Night-time sugar lows which often go undetected can be monitored with the alarm Highs or low between meals (especially with snacking) can be tracked Determine treatment efficacy. The biggest advantage of CGM devices is that they provide information on what is happening to your blood glucose level every few minutes.
CGMS measures blood sugar levels every 15 mins, that is 96 times a day. The newest devices display glucose readings on a screen so you can see – in real time - whether glucose levels are rising or falling. Some systems also contain an alarm to let you know when your glucose reaches high or low levels. Some devices are able to display graphs revealing glucose levels collected over a certain number of hours on its display screen. The data collected on all devices can be uploaded to a computer for graphing and further important trend analysis.
Whom is it for?
If you think this is a great way to constantly watch your sugars, it is not required. The following people would benefit from this. People with insulin pump usage Those who have frequent fluctuations in sugar level, which is not clearly explained Those who are not aware of low sugars, and may have problems with fatigue or loss of consciousness Gestational diabetes.
Continuous glucose monitoring systems (CGMS) may not make life with diabetes any easier. But they can definitely improve health, if you can deal with the hassle and expense. So how do you know if such a system is right for you? You can easily and discreetly view your current glucose values continuously throughout the day, without having to do a finger stick. It’s easy and discreet. The monitors have “trend arrows” that show you if your level is rising or falling quickly, so you can prevent highs and lows.
Continuous glucose monitoring can help “identify fluctuations and trends that would otherwise go unnoticed with standard HbA1c tests and intermittent fingerstick measurements. The device can capture dangerously low overnight blood sugar levels which often go undetected, reveal high blood sugar levels between meals, show early morning spikes in blood sugar, evaluate how diet and exercise affect blood sugars, and provide up to a 72-hour complete review of the effects of changes made to your therapy by your health-care team.
If you are a dedicated investigator, you can use CGMS to understand what’s happening with your blood sugar levels. In case you have a concern or query you can always heal & get answers to your questions!