Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SonalYour feedback matters!
Bedwetting or nocturnal eneuresis as it medically is quite common in children. Generally, bed-wetting before age 7 isn't a concern. At this age, your child may still be developing nighttime bladder control.
Bed-wetting is involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which staying dry at night can be reasonably expected.
Most kids are fully toilet trained by age 5, but there's really no target date for developing complete bladder control. Between the ages of 5 and 7, bed-wetting remains a problem for some children. But if it still continues after 7 its a matter of concern this means the nervous control over the bladder is not yet reached.
Causes of bed wetting:
Commonest of all is habits. Many children habitually ignore the urge to urinate and put off urinating as long as they possibly can
Urinary tract infection: the resulting bladder irritation can cause pain or irritation with urination, a strongeurge to urinate (urgency), and frequent urination (frequency).
Inability to recognize a full bladder. If the nerves that control the bladder are slow to mature, a full bladder may not wake your child — especially if your child is a deep sleeper.
Stress and Stressful events — such as becoming a big brother or sister, starting a new school, or sleeping away from home — may trigger bed-wetting.
Role of homoeopathy in bedwetting:
Homoeopathy works on the immune system. Homeopathic medicine will increase the muscle or nervous control and hence can cure it in a months time.
I am 23 years old lady. I got married before 3 yrs. Mood is not coming to do sex . .Plz suggest me some tab.
Hi, Question Behalf Of My Sister, My Sister is Pregnant of 5 Months, Guide What was Good Food To Take And Food items to avoid totally and other tips please.
As per test my wife ovary has stuck with vaginal tube for that reason eggs unable to move in fallopian tube, please help me for to get ovary free from vaginally tube and she can get pregnan
I have last periods on 28th, now it's 1 month over but it has not started, I had sex 2 times in last month but it was protected using condom, currently I am feeling pain like periods will start but still not, please advise what should I do? As I am not married and don't want to pregnant.
Kindly suggest some medicine for constipation. As we are also planning for pregnancy, medication going on. So side effect issue.
Is there Any possibility to get pregnant if your partner ejaculated inside you and at the same time I took contraceptive pills as well?
आजकल की तेज रफ्तार जीवनशैली के चलते दिल से जुड़ी बीमारियां भी तेज रफ्तार से बढ़ती जा रही है। बुजुर्ग ही नहीं कम उम्र के लोग भी इसकी जद में आ रहे हैं। लिहाजा दिल से जुड़ी परेशानी के लिए की जाने वाली तरह-तरह की सर्जरी भी बढ़ती जा रही हैं। ऐसी ही सर्जरी है एंजियोप्लास्टी। भले ही यह सर्जरी आम हो गई हो लेकिन इससे जुड़ी सावधानी और खतरे के बारे में जानना बेहद जरूरी। हृदय रोगों और हार्ट अटैक की सबसे बड़ी वजह हृदय की धमनियों और शिराओं में कोलेस्ट्रॉल का जमा होना है। कोलेस्ट्रॉल जमा होने से नलियां अंदर से संकरी हो जाती हैं जिससे हार्ट तक पर्याप्त बहाव के साथ खून नहीं पहुंच पाता। धीरे-धीरे ये नलियां बंद होने लगती हैं और हार्ट अटैक तक की नौबत आ जाती है। यदि आपके भी हृदय की रक्त धमनियां संकरी हैं तो हार्ट एंजियोप्लास्टी की जा सकती है। इस प्रक्रिया में रक्त प्रवाह बेहतर बनाने के लिए कैथेटर के आखिर में लगे बैलून का उपयोग रक्त धमनी खोलने के लिए किया जाता है। रक्त धमनी को खुला रखने के लिए एक स्टेंट लगाया जा सकता है। स्टेंट तार की नली जैसा छोटा उपकारण होता है। एंजियोप्लास्टी सर्जरी की सफलता इस बात पर निर्भर करती है कि ब्लॉकेज कौन सी आर्टरी में हुई है। पैरीफेरल आर्टरी में एंजियोप्लास्टी सर्जरी लगभग 98 फीसदी तक सफल रहती है। एंजियोप्लास्टी कराने वाले महज 10 प्रतिशत रोगियों के फिर से ब्लॉकेज होने की आशंका रहती है। ब्लॉकेज का जल्द पता चल जाता है तो इसके सफल होने की गारंटी और बढ़ जाती है। अब शरीर की सभी आर्टरीज की एंजियोप्लॉस्टी की जा सकती है।
अगर आपने एंजियोप्लास्टी करवाई है तो ध्यान दें
- दवाएं बराबर लें। अपनी सभी दवाएं, आपके ह्रदय विशेषज्ञ द्वारा बताएं अनुसार नियमित रूप से ले, भले ही आपको कोई शिकायत न हो। अपने ह्रदय विशेषज्ञ से पूछे बिना कोई भी दवा बंद ना करें।
- भारी और थकाने वाले कार्यों से बचें। शुरू में आपको लगभग एक सप्ताह के लिए भारी गतिविधियों से बचने की जरूरत है। फिर धीरे धीरे अपने डॉक्टर की सलाह के अनुसार अपनी क्षमता बढ़ाएं।
- कोलेस्ट्रॉल लेवल पर नजर रखें।
- नियमित रूप से चेक-अप कराते रहें।
- तनाव न लें, चिंता न करें और गुस्स को काबू में रखें।
- ब्लड प्रेशर को नियंत्रित करें।
- डायबिटीज को नियंत्रण में रखें।
- वजन को संतुलित रखें।
- दिल के लिए फायदेमंद चीजें खाएं।
- डॉक्टर ने जो परहेज और व्यायाम बताए हैं उनका भी ध्यान रखें।
- इन चीजों से बचें-
- स्मोकिंग न करें।
- दौड़-भाग न करें।
- वजन न उठाएं।
- ज्यादा वसा वाले खाने से परहेज करें।
एंजियोप्लास्टी के खतरे
एंजियोप्लास्टी के लिए हमेशा अनुभवी सर्जन के पास जाएं। एंजियोप्लास्टी के दौरान एक्स-रे डाई से कई बार एलर्जिक रिएक्शन हो सकते हैं। इसके साथ ही हार्ट का वॉल्व या ब्लड वैसेल के क्षतिग्रस्त होने का भी डर रहता है।
यदि अनुभवी कार्डियोलॉजिस्ट से ऑपरेशन कराया जाए तो वह सुरक्षित होता है लेकिन जिन्हें इनका ज्यादा अनुभव नहीं तो कुछ खतरे हो सकते हैं। वहीं जिस हिस्से में नलिका या कैथिटर लगाया गया है, उसमें ब्लीडिंग या क्लॉटिंग हो सकती है
एंजियोप्लास्टी से बचने के लिए ले ये घरेलू दवा
एक कप नींबू का रस, एक कप अदरक का रस, एक कप प्याज का रस और एक कप शहद लें और सेब का सिरका लें। इन चारों रसों को मिला लें और एक बरतन में लेकर धीमी आंच पर रख दें। लगभग आधा से 1 घंटे तक पकाने के बाद जब यह मिश्रण 3 कप रह जाए, तब इसे आंच से उतार लें और ठंडा होने के लिए रख दें। तब इसमें 3 कप शहद अच्छी तरह से मिलाएं। इस मिश्रण को रोजाना खाली पेट दवा के रूप में लें। ये आपके हार्ट के लिए काफी फायदेमंद साबित होगा।
हार्ट पेशेंट को हमेशा यह उलझन रहती कि वे अपने भोजन में क्या शामिल करें। ऐसी स्थिति में वसा युक्त पदार्थ यानी घी, तेल से सबसे पहले परहेज किया जाता है। क्योंकि शरीर को वसा की हमेशा जरूरत रहती है, इसलिए इसे पूरी तरह भोजन से हटाया नहीं जा सकता लेकिन इसकी मात्रा नियंत्रित रखें साथ ही जीवन शैली पर भी ध्यान दें।
खाने-पीने से ही कोलेस्ट्रॉल नियंत्रित रहता है। कैलोरी, वसा, कोलेस्ट्रॉल, सोडियम लेने की मात्रा को ध्यान में रखकर दिल की हिफाजत की जा सकती है। दिल के मरीज डॉक्टर की सलाह लेकर अपना डाइट चार्ट बना सकते हैं।
On 14th of sep my friend had unprotected sex and after 24 hrs she had consumed a pill name unwanted 72 right after consuming the same she was feeling little unwell and puked after 2 hours of consumption, she have done sex for the first time and broke her hymen too a little bleeding happened oy at that time since thn her vagina is completely dry and felt that its little swollen, is it normal to hv swollen vagina after first time. She felt pain for few days and her dates were supposed to come near to 23rd sep but she is still waiting and no discharge coming from vagina please suggest are these signs of pregnancy as she had unprotected sex, if yes, then how can she avoid it.
Motherhood is a life transforming phase that all women look forward to. With the conception of a baby, a number of physiological and psychological changes take place within the mother’s body. Soon there will be a number of restrictions in the kind of food a mother a can consume, the activities that a mother can perform, the way she sleeps or sits. These restrictions are put so as to allow the baby to grow and develop safely. The restrictions prevent injuries and accidents that can be quite fatal to both mother and child.
Sitting Postures You Must Avoid
Do not sit straight on the edge of the chair. Provide a support to your back.
Do not sit in a way that pressurises only one side of your hips. Evenly distribute your weight when sitting down. Be comfortable.
Do not sit at the same place and in the same position for extended time periods.
Do not twist from your waist when you are sitting on a rotating chair. Instead, slowly move the chair along with your entire body to turn around.
Standing Postures You Must Avoid
Avoid standing with your pelvis tilted forward or backward. You must stand straight with your stomach held in and up as much as possible.
You must not slouch while standing.
Do not stand in the same position for an extended period of time.
Do not put your weight on one foot. Shift weight occasionally if your feet are hurting, but make sure to evenly distribute the weight.
Do not bend too much backwards or forwards.
Do not keep your head tilted down or sideways when you are standing. Look up, look straight.
Sleeping Postures You Must Avoid
Lying on your stomach
Sleeping with pillows under your shoulders. Pillows should only support your head.
Do not sleep all curled up. Relax your feet and hands to allow the blood circulation to continue smoothly.
Do not jerk up from your lying position. Turn to the side, swing your legs down to the side of the bed slowly and sit up using the support of your hands.
Activities You Must Avoid
Hard core gyming
Intense aerobics that include a lot of jumping
Lifting heavy weighted objects
- Travelling by public transport on a jerky road.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
- Travelling by public transport on a jerky road.
I am teenager of 16 years old. I had an abdominal ultra sound scan. The reports show that I have an ovarian cysts formed near one of my ovaries. 1.What is an ovarian cyst? 2.how is this formed? 3.How will this effect me in my future? 4.What should I do now? Please. Respond.
Pilonidal Sinus is a disease commonly seen in the people with hairy skin. Disease presents as a small nodular swelling in the lower spinal region with off and on blood mixed pus and watery discharges. This sinus is formed because of underlying hairs which are impacted beneath the skin and act as a source of infection. Once the pus is formed; it creates a passage to come out on the skin; thus a sinus is formed.This disease is usually not curable by oral medication like anti biotics etc., Ayurvedic as well as homeopathic oral medication is also of not much help.
Now a days; pilonidal sinus patients are treated with surgery/ Z plasty. With these surgical procedure; chances of recurrence are as high as 15 %.
How ever in Ayurveda; Pilonidal Sinus can be very effectively and very conveniently treated by Graded Ksharsutra. In this procedure; first the sinus tract is defined with respect to its depth, direction and branching pattern with careful probing and sinogram. Once the sinus tract has been precisely defined; medicated Ksharsutra is placed in the tract with the help of certain instruments. Now from this medicated thread; medicine is gradually released in the tract. This medicine (Kshara) induces a potent debridement effect on the sinus tract as a result all the unhealthy fibrogranulomatous tissue, pus pockets and accumulated hairs etc. are cleared from the tract. The medicinal coating on the thread gets dissolved hence the thread has to be replaced by a new thread with in a week or two.
The sinus tract heals at the rate of 0.5 to 1 cm per sitting. Thus a small sinus tract which is around 4-5 cm long may take around 8-10 sittings to heal completely. The chances of recurrence of Sinus tract after Ksharsutra treatment are predictably ZERO.
The treatment is far better than surgery as-
- No hospitalization or bed rest required
- Patient can continue his normal routine activities
- Chances of recurrence are predictably ZERO
- No shaving of hairs or laser treatment for hair removal required
Hello doctor I am 7 month pregnant if I do any work like cooking and something after some time I feel pain in my stomach.
Symptoms Of Skin Fungus
While skin fungus may be caused by different environments and different types of fungi the signs or the symptoms of such infections are common:
• The skin of the feet peels, cracks or scales off
• Redness occurs on the skin as well as blister formation
• The skin tends to soften and breakdown
• There could be itching and burning
It is to be noted that skin fungus causes infections that are highly contagious. Thus, it can easily be transmitted from one person to another. The infected area needs to be treated or else it will spread to other areas of the body and cause complications. The different kinds of skin fungal infections like Jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot can be cured or prevented by taking note of the effective home remedies available.
Home Remedies For Skin Fungus
1. Proper Cleaning Routine
We often do not give adequate attention to the feet or clean it properly. It is necessary to:
• Wash feet thoroughly with soap
• It should be scrubbed or exfoliated from time to time to remove the dead skin cells.
Such regular cleaning rituals will keep the skin on the feet healthy and not allow bacteria to develop on it.
2. Keep The Feet And Shoes Dry
It is imperative that one maintains cleanliness and dryness of the feet and shoes:
• One should not wear shoes with wet feet
• The feet should be dried thoroughly after bath or washing
• If shoes are wet, they should be dried out properly before they are worn
3. Use Of Apple Cider Vinegar
If one has ringworm they can make use of apple cider vinegar and its antiseptic properties:
• The affected area should be cleansed with antiseptic soap first
• Apple cider vinegar should be applied on the affected area with a soft cotton ball
• The affected area should be massaged gently
4. Use Of Nail Polish
A common home remedy to get rid of skin fungus is to use nail polish remover or nail polish on it:
• If the fungus has affected the nails putting nail polish on it will kill the fungus and dry out the area
• The acetylene content in the nail polish does the trick
5. Do Not Wear Footwear For Long
If you tend to sweat or are active all day long, you need to remove the footwear often:
• It will help to dry out the seat
• It will reduce chances of fungal infection coming on
6. Apply Powder
If one is repeating the same pair of socks and shoes they need to:
• Apply baby powder in the shoes and the socks
• That will keep the moisture out and reduce chances of infection
7. Keep An Eye Out For Telltale Signs
It is hard to recognize the symptoms of fungal infection. One needs to keep an eye out for the first signs as the skin infection caused by fungi is contagious:
• Crusty skin layer forms on the top of feet
• Small rashes might develop which might itch
8. Do Not Wear Tight Fitting Clothes Or Shoes
When one has fungal infection they should resort to:
• Loose clothing that allow the air movement
• Comfortable fitted shoes should be worn to prevent aggravation of the infected areas
9. Tea Tree Oil
This is known to be an effective cure for fungal infections. It can be used in the form of:
• Ointment on the affected area
• The oil can be mixed with a carrier oil and then applied on the affected area
10. Preventing Skin Fungus On The Back
If you tend to sweat a lot you need to:
• Change the sweaty clothes
• Scrub the skin thoroughly when taking bath
11. Use Of Essential Oil
One can use the following essential oils to prevent fungus from growing on the skin:
• Garlic oil
• Tea tree oil
• Oregano oil
12. Use Of Hydrogen Peroxide
On can use a solution of
hydrogen peroxide and water in order to treat fungal infections. If one is suffering from such an infection:
• They can use such a solution to wash themselves or soak the affected area
• If the skin is sensitive, skin bleach can also be used to treat the affected areas
I am breastfeeding mother of 22 month old daughter. But feeds from left side only for few months as my right side breast produced less milk and nipple is small. Sometimes I have pain in my right breast. Is this a early sign of breast cancer? Please help.
Today I had sex and I'm not conform that my sperm is inside or out and my partner's periods occur in 19 of each month and I didn't wanna to make her pregnant. So what to do now.
I am pregnant and 7th month is running. But problem is baby is very weak and weight is approx 500 to 700gm. Than what should I do. Please tell me.
While small amounts of alcohol do not have any effect on your sexual health, moderate amounts of drinking are known to cause problems in both men and women.
Let's take a look at the effect alcohol may have on your body and sex life:
1. It acts as a depressant - Acting as a depressant (a drug that reduces stimulation or arousal in various parts of the brain), alcohol inhibits certain areas of the central nervous system that are important for orgasm and arousal, more specifically - the circulation, respiration, and feeling of nerve endings.
2. It dehydrates your body - Sexual arousal requires an adequate supply of oxygen and flow of blood to the private areas so as enable you to experience the different sensations that accompany a sexual act. Adequate blood flow in the case of women is important for lubrication and in the case of men for developing and sustaining an erection. Less fluid in the body and a depressed nervous system can affect your sexual performance.
3. It's not an aphrodisiac if you go overboard - Several studies show that alcohol can help certain people to overcome feelings of deficiency or sexual reserve. This can only happen if you limit your consumption to only 1-2 drinks. If you go overboard, the depressant action of the drink begins to take effect preventing your body's ability to react sexually.
4. It causes fewer erections - Drinking large amounts of alcohol or even long-term drinking can cause erection problems to develop. Erectile dysfunction is said to occur when too much drinking causes dehydration leading to a decrease in blood volume and an increase in the angiotensin hormone, which is associated with ED. The likelihood of this occurring gets further increased if the body's central nervous system is unable to act in a natural way.
5. It leads to delayed ejaculation and orgasm - A 2004 study reveals that about 11% of alcohol users face difficulty in having an orgasm. While the men faced difficulty in ejaculating, women participants required more stimulation to reach an orgasm, compared to men and women who did not drink or drank little.
6. It causes vaginal dryness - The dehydrating effect that normally occurs if you drink a lot can also cause vaginal dryness. It causes a decrease in your sensations and hampers the production of vaginal secretions for sexual penetration, leading to painful sex. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.