Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I am 19 year old female. I had sex few days back, after which I experienced irritation, itching and pain in my vagina along with heavy white discharge. After 4 5 days pain, irritation and itching was over but am still having a lot of white discharge. Can you please tell me why is it happening? Also suggest any medicine.
We are married for the past one and half year. We are trying for a child for the past 2 months. My wife is always telling my penis never fits. So she is asking for a sex toys first and try mine is that ok? her vagina is very small I can do fingering but don't know what to do ?
My gf wants deep oral sex from me ,she has no infection but can I do deep oral sex with her ? For avoid any infection how to clean vagina before oral sex? Another once I was unfortunately eat her vaginal fluid can any harm to me?
Hi, my age is 21. While having the periods I have lots of pain. Please share treatment in house to get relief of the period pains.
Hi now am 7 weeks pregnant but in in ultrasound it showing only 5 weeks and heartbeat 109.Acutely mt periods irregular only ?
My friend didn't have her periods for two months and her esr level is 70 at the of 16. Is she pregnant? But she never had sex.
My wife not having interest in sex she ll get mood once in a month and she ll not feel to have sex only she ll have for my sake I feel to Hv frequently.
Sir/madam , I am about 32 years old woman, I have 1 baby girl of 7 years old, I want a baby again after discussion my husband, my last monthly period started on 21 February and stops on 25 february 2015, We tried to pregnant from 1 March to 7 march 2015, Sir, in which date is best for pregnant? kindly help me.
Iam a 24 year girl. I had pcos detected 6 months back. Is there any chance of reoccurance of pcos because of stress and tension?
Consuming I-pill after first time sex and how much side effects will it have and how to cure that side effects?
Recommendations across the world suggest that prevention of influenza by administration of inactivated influenza vaccine is the best intervention in pregnancy. The vaccine for Flu should be administered before the onset of flu season. RANZCOG, NHS UK, RCOG, FOGSI recommends inactivated flu vaccine for all the pregnant women unless there are any contraindications.
Taking inactivated influenza vaccine can be beneficial in multiple ways:
1. Prevents maternal complications: During pregnancy, the heart and lungs go through extra stress. Pregnancy can also severely impact your immune system. Opting for a inactivated flu vaccine can decrease significantly, the chance of falling severely ill due to flu.
2. Prevents pregnancy problems due to flu: Getting infected by flu during pregnancy can increase the chance of miscarriage during childbirth. Administering inactivated flu shots can prevent miscarriage as well as premature birth and low birth weight.
3. Protects the baby after birth: Infants have a huge risk of getting infected with flu after birth. But as vaccines cannot be administered to them until they are 6 months old, it is the best recourse to opt for inactivated flu shots during pregnancy as the antibodies pass onto the child from the mother via placenta. The child can hence be protected from such diseases.
Often, one fear about the vaccine, is the development of Gullain Barre syndrome. This is very rare and the risk of GBS are higher following influenza like illness. Also, if the patient is allergic to eggs they are advised to consult a physician. Flu vaccines have traces of egg protein in it. Certain precautions are taken after studying the patient's medical history. The doctor may keep the patient under observation. Or in certain instances the physician might suggest alternative flu vaccine, which do not contain egg protein. Physicians decide it after studying any prior allergic reaction.
As per the WHO SAGE position paper, from 1990 to 2009 the vaccine adverse event reporting system database in USA reported only 20 serious adverse events following administration of trivalent influenza vaccine to an estimated 11.8 million pregnant women.
Hello, I had sex on Oct 31 and my period ended on Oct. 22. The thing is it was unprotected and there was precum and we didn't wipe it off or anything. I noticed that I've been having period cramps but no blood. I felt very nauseous the other day. I took a test but it came out negative. Could I possibly be pregnant?
Menorrhagia is a medical condition in which a woman experiences excessive blood loss during menstruation. Though for some women, heavy bleeding might be normal, but Menorrhagia refers to such a condition in which a woman encounters anomalous bleeding. Generally, menstrual bleeding continues for a maximum period of seven days, however, in case of Menorrhagia, the bleeding continues for more than seven days.
Different causes are responsible for Menorrhagia. Some of the causes are mentioned below:
- In case of some women, miscarriage during pregnancy can lead to the development of Menorrhagia.
- Hormonal imbalance (especially Estrogen and Progesterone) can cause Menorrhagia.
- Any fibroid growth in the uterus region can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Birth control procedures like birth control shot, vaginal ring or intake of birth control pills can sometimes lead to a condition of Menorrhagia.
- For some women, anovulation (unable to ovulate at least once in a month) may result in Menorrhagia.
- Disorder related to platelet count can also cause Menorrhagia.
- Uterus cancer can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Maladies, related to kidney, liver or thyroid can also result in Menorrhagia.
- Sometimes, hereditary bleeding complications like Willebrand's disease (drop in the blood's clotting protein) can also cause Menorrhagia.
- At times, pelvic inflammatory diseases such as a fallopian tube infection can cause Menorrhagia.
The most common symptoms of Menorrhagia are as follows:
- Constant necessity to replace sanitary pads
- Unbearable menstrual cramps
- You may often notice passage of blood clots with regular bleeding
- Sometimes, the person may become anemic
- Body fatigue and drowsiness
Treatment for Menorrhagia: Menorrhagia is easily curable. Many treatment methods are available such as intake of iron tablets to prevent anemia, painkillers like Ibuprofen to control menstrual cramps and hormone therapy to cease excess bleeding. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.