Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somya SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year old. My problems. Is that I am so weak and my blood pressure is also very low. Sir please advice me what can I do for solutions from these type of deaseae.
Respected sir, I am suffering from IBS-D. Is there any cure for that in ayurveda or homeopathy or in allopathy.
I am 28 years Old, for the last two months I am gaining weight even though I'm having low calorie food. So what should I do for losing weight?
My name is ashok & meri wife ko 1 month 25 days ho gaye hain abhi tak Period nahi aaya hai jbki maine pregnancy kit se check kiya to negative bata raha hai. Aisa kyon hai ki Period nahi Aa raha hai. Please Help me.
I have kidney stone in last six months and I take some medicine but not relief my pain so you tell me what medicine I take.
Hi I am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? Moreover have done hpt with first morning urine with two different brand both says negative. It is 16 weeks from intercourse. I t was negative within the time frame and it remained until after 12 hours when I was about fo to discharge the kit. It showed a grey line on one brand. As menses was about to ocuur on 11th and it did not occur still now. Did a usg yesterday almost 4 months after last intercourse it showed only pcod. Is their still any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to repeat BHCg? Or hpt?
Hi, Recently did an USG of the whole abdomen and found out that I have infiltration of Fat in the Pancreas. I have been told that I don't need any medicine. What should I do. Please suggest what kind of food I should have so that I can loose belly fat as quick as possible.
How to Identify You're not Chewing Your Food Enough?
Are you always in a hurry while eating or multitask while chewing your food? Then it is highly probable that you don’t chew your food enough. A recent survey revealed that on an average people chew their food only 6 six times before swallowing, which is far less than enough. Chewing food for an adequate amount of time is necessary for a healthy digestive system and can help you avoid lots of health problems.
Here’s why you should chew your food properly.
So what happens to your body when you don’t chew your food enough?
Mastication is the name given to the process of chewing food. Mastication, if not done properly, can lead to various health problems like-
1. Incomplete digestion: Digestion starts in the mouth itself and chewing has a significant role in it. The salivary glands are stimulated to release an alkaline enzyme, called ptyalin, by chewing. This enzyme combines with carbohydrates to initiate the process of the conversion of food into simpler sugars by splitting. Not chewing food properly may be a causative agent for digestive problems like gas, bloating, and diarrhoea to name a few.
2. Increased threat of bacterial overgrowth: If food is not chewed properly it cannot be completely broken down by the digestive system. The partially digested portion of food may result in increased amount of bacteria in the colon, leading to stomach infections.
3. Bad oral health: If you don’t chew food enough, plaque build-up in your mouth may increase, which can further lead to tooth decay. This is because improper chewing means lesser amount of saliva secretion, and more chances of accumulation of unbroken food particles in the mouth, causing cavities.
4. Lesser nutrient absorption: When you don’t chew your food properly, larger food particles don’t break into smaller ones. This makes absorption of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients difficult for your body when they pass through the intestines.
Indications that you don’t chew your food properly
If you don’t chew food for an adequate amount of time, your body begins to give warning signs. This can affect your health significantly, and the following symptoms show if you don’t do it properly.
1. Frequent digestive problems: If you are frequently experiencing digestive problems like acid reflux, constipation or heartburn then there are good chances that the problem is inadequate chewing of food.
2. Weight gain: One of the reasons behind weight gain may be consuming too many calories without realising. This can happen when you eat fast, which indicates that you don’t crush and grind your food properly inside your mouth.
3. Recurrent mood swings: Researchers are of the opinion that improper chewing of food gives rise to digestive problems, which in turn may often ruin your mood.
How many times should you chew each bite?
Researchers at Ohio State University are of the opinion that you should chew each mouthful of food for a minimum of 30 times. However, they mentioned that chewing softer food like potatoes for 5 to 10 times is enough.