Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somya Sharma
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Somya SharmaYour feedback matters!
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.
Can I increase my height ,i am 18 years old. Recently I am only 5.6 ft tall only. To increases 3 to 4 inch my height what I have to do. Is there is any medicine.
I'm roit, I'm very much addicted to social networking sites. Due to this I'm facing serious problems. I'm unable to concentrate on my studies. How to over come from this problem?
4 common sex-related fears men harbour
Men, as confident as they may seem, also live with many fears and anxieties related to sex and sexuality.
Here are 4 common sex fears among men.
1. Fear about impotency
One of the most common sexual fears among men is the fear of impotency. Men fear the consequences of impotency so much so that it leads to psychological impotency, if not biological. The fear of not being able to have an erection mostly comes from anxiety. Thinking too much about not being able to perform well in the bed has been the cause of most cases of impotency. In the case of biological impotence, the problem can be addressed through medications; however psychogenic impotency can be treated only by counseling and reassurance by trained sexual therapist or consultant. Also, understanding and support from the spouse or partner are highly warranted.
Sometimes men may require multiple sessions with a sexual counselor.
2. Fear of premature ejaculation:
Another common fear associated with sex in men is the fear of premature ejaculation. The cause is mostly self-imposed and psychological. Anxiety, fear and over thinking may lead to premature ejaculation and low self-confidence regarding performance in bed. Trying to use the counter drugs, sprays, etc may not work sometimes. The treatment needs to be comprehensive. Many times it needs psychological assistance, some exercises / techniques may help. Any medical assistance or counseling with an experienced sexologist will be helpful require.
3. Performance anxiety:
Fear of performance in the bed that they won't be able to perform well enough in bed can also lead to erectile dysfunction in men. It is a very common issue among men that they have to deal with. This fear may arise as a result of prior negative experiences or anxiety. Stress can also lead to erectile dysfunction and result in a fear of performance. In most men, the fear can be decreased by reassurance by the partner and self-realization that this is a usual issue with men. Talking with the partner and a consultation with a sexual counselor will surely help.
4. Physical attributes:
Being overweight or too skinny, having a small or curved penis and several other insecurities related to their physical appearance may act as a common cause of sexual fears in men. Such an imperfect body may make men think that they won't be able to perform well enough in bed or worse that they may be rejected altogether by their partner. This leads to anxiety and prevents them from taking the leap and daring to propose sex at all.
Related Tip: Why Do Men and Women Respond Differently After Sex?